What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your response. My figure of 10%comes from Sino defence.today. Perhaps I remembered incorrectly. However, the news of WS13 being heavier that RD93 is news to me. We generally tend to find wiki an unreliable source. It would be kind of you to dig up another source to lay the matter to rest.
As to the issue of AESA radar, my contention was that you may be able to source an equally capable radar from a European source before that. The way technology is advancing these days, that is a significant possibility(perhaps a younger sibling odf RBE2/Selex)..
wa Salam
araz
WaSalam

Sorry sir for the delayed response. Here's another link:

Grande Strategy: A Light Sabre for the Third World: The FC-1 / JF-17

Raptor II/ H-4
Primary long range stand off weapon for JF-17...
7f09d3d51a814f5e1969eabb8298334a.jpg

07c6b5555e44ae5009a94ae03efc7967.jpg

[url="
- fa 18 hornet AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon JSOW[/url] almost same concept

Its transparent nose shows that either it is TV guided or it is Imaging Infra Red camera guided.

If its IIR-camera equipped then it can be used round-the-clock ie day and night.

If it is TV-camera guided, then it most probably can't be used at night like the first Maverick AGM-65A.

If it is day-only TV camera guided, then we need to see whether it has optical zooming or not because for getting lock of targets far from aircraft requires zooming. Pilot increases the zoom from inside the cockpit.

For a tank or vehicle, at more than 5kms requires zooming. For a building, we can increase it to 20km. This is 5km or 20km ahead of the missile itself because the camera is in the nose of the missile.

Last edited by a moderator:
That missile is the H4 but what about the H2 missile which is also supposed for use with JF17?

JK!,

H2 seems to be the air-to-air missile. Unlike H4.

JK!,

I thought H2 was a similar weapon with lesser range.I remember a debate on the topic about 3-4 yrs ago on another forum and the conclusion was that they were both ATG weapons .
WaSalam
Araz

JK!,

H2 is also an air to ground weapon for JF-17. primarily there will be three launch platforms for JF-17

Long Range = Raad Cruise Missile having 350km range
Medium Range = H4 Having 120 Km range
Short Range = H2 Having 60 km range

those weapons will also use on FC-20.

Reactions: JK!
H2 is also an air to ground weapon for JF-17. primarily there will be three launch platforms for JF-17

Long Range = Raad Cruise Missile having 350km range
Medium Range = H4 Having 120 Km range
Short Range = H2 Having 60 km range

those weapons will also use on FC-20.

Owais,

If I am not mistaken, in addition to the potential with JF-17, the primary and initial launch platform for the H2/H4 standoff PGMs was/is Mirage III.

If H-4 is Raptor II then what is H-2? If you tell me i will believe you.

My sources and an article by an Indian defence analysts claimed that H-2 is more like a South African air-to-air missile of the darter series.

Owais,

If I am not mistaken, in addition to the potential with JF-17, the primary and initial launch platform for the H2/H4 standoff PGMs was/is Mirage III.

Mirage III are going to wipe out in next 5-10 years. yes mirages are testbed for H2/H4 Bombs and Raad Cruise missiles but PAF Future is not mirages, its JF17!

If H-4 is Raptor II then what is H-2? If you tell me i will believe you.

My sources and an article by an Indian defence analysts claimed that H-2 is more like a South African air-to-air missile of the darter series.

I think both of them are Guided bombs. there is no AAM that PAF is developing except SD10 which is jointly developed by Pakistan and china.

"But in February this year, according to the Palestinian side the agreement reached with France, after the JF-17 fighter planes will be assembled legal system Mika series of air-to-air missiles and the rule of law RC400 multifunction radar."

As Salamo Alaikum
I had heard about it on another forum , but am not sure whether this holds true for the first 50 as well, or only for the second batch. Although Pakistan has been incorrectly translated into Palestinian side, I am sure this issue will be well assessed by PAF.
WaSalam
Araz

Well while reading this article over the SD-10 a question came into my mind that has the JF-17 ever fired the SD-10 or perhaps any other jet like the F-16? Also has the JF-17 ever flown with its full payload, if yes does anyone has a picture off it? I was not able to find one over the internet, the ones that i did were all artistic versions nor reals.

Thanks in advance

IceCold

Well while reading this article over the SD-10 a question came into my mind that has the JF-17 ever fired the SD-10 or perhaps any other jet like the F-16? Also has the JF-17 ever flown with its full payload, if yes does anyone has a picture off it? I was not able to find one over the internet, the ones that i did were all artistic versions nor reals.

Thanks in advance

IceCold

SD10 has been fired from J8 and J10s if I am not mistaken. I gather work on weapons integration is on going in PAkistan, but there havent ben any pictures of it. I am not sure of this but there is news and perhaps a clip on You tube of Thunder firirng some missiles but not neceassarily the SD10. Ihope this helps.
Araz

How can ws-13 equip the jet? Has it been certified for a single engine jet. Also i am also of an opinion that if we could get directly involved with the Russians over the issue and perhaps could highlight the potential that lies within this jet as far as export is concerned, we can convince the Russians to get out of this kissing Indian *** and take a more mature role. I also think that India's decision for the MRCA will make a difference in this regard.

How can ws-13 equip the jet? Has it been certified for a single engine jet. Also i am personally of an opinion that if we could get directly involved with the Russians over the issue and perhaps could highlight the potential that lies within this jet as far as export is concerned, we can convince the Russians to get out of this kissing Indian *** and take a more mature role. I also think that India's decision for the MRCA will make a difference in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom