What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really a good development that PAF is considering new WVR missiles. Here it would be worthwhile to discuss various AAMs and their performance, characteristics etc irrespective of the political problems in their acquisition.

I would stress the countermeasures, wide engagement envelope and guidance algorithms as the most important aspects. Now almost every fighter is equipped with flares and other countermeasures. Dual-band IR seeker can offer an advantage. Another advantage is the Imaging Infra Red seeker as compared to earlier non-imaging ones. Are dual-band+Imaging IR features being used combined??

What is the advantage of a missile that can pull 50g and other that can pull 30g. Some use TVC and others dont. Some can be launched at high off-boresight angles than others. Some can be easily integrated with Helmet-mounted sights as compared to others. Range is still another question.....so its a complete study..

Even a new thread can be opened to discuss the characteristics of heat-seeking air to air missiles. It would be an occasion to learn too.

Excellent point Please why dont you open a thread and start I dont think we have anyone qualified as you on any defence forum in Missile tec , As a fighter pilot I know how to use them but you know the inner workings and Yar do a favour dont use Abbrivations most non-military members have a hard time getting them like TVC, RWR ,etc etc .

can we compare it with mirage2000-9 or better than it

Please look around this forum and other sources other then wiki because these type of questions have been answered a lot of times.. JF-17 will mature with time just like F-16... block 1-5-10-15-20 etc... first 50 batch of JF-17 will be better then block 15 and the later batch with western avionics may be comparable to block 50....

thanks man for help can we found and other customer for this jf 17 thunder

thanks man for help can we found and other customer for this jf 17 thunder

potential customers..

Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Algeria
Sudan
Zambia
Zimbabwe
sri lanka

Azerbaijan and Sudan are about to strike a deal... both are interested to induct at lest 2 squadrons..

potential customers..

Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Algeria
Sudan
Zambia
Zimbabwe
sri lanka

Azerbaijan and Sudan are about to strike a deal... both are interested to induct at lest 2 squadrons..

Don't forget the Egyptian airforce who are particularly interested also in the SD10 missile as part of a package.

Don't forget the Egyptian airforce who are particularly interested also in the SD10 missile as part of a package.

Good point! Poor suckers have been denied a BVR capability due to Israeli objections. By the time AIM-120 C7 comes out, Egyptians will get their hands on AIM-120 C4s if the USG relents.

SD-10 is a good BVR capability for their non-American fleet along with some other European BVR solution.

A-Darter is a fifth-generation air-to-air missile
system designed to meet the challenges of future
air combat against next-generation fighters in a
hostile ECM environment.

System features
* High agility to handle the closest of close combats
* A thermal imaging seeker with high sensitivity and a
multi-mode ECCM suite
* A low-drag, wingless airframe, ensuring ranges far
beyond those of traditional short-range missiles
* Lock-on after launch and memory tracking capabilities
* A lightweight design compatible with traditional
Sidewinder stations
____

MICA, SD-10, and A/R-Darter will be a great AAM package for PAF JF-17 and J-10... and seriously whats the point for UK ASRAAM when we already going to have A-Darter?

A-Darter is a fifth-generation air-to-air missile
system designed to meet the challenges of future
air combat against next-generation fighters in a
hostile ECM environment.

System features
* High agility to handle the closest of close combats
* A thermal imaging seeker with high sensitivity and a
multi-mode ECCM suite
* A low-drag, wingless airframe, ensuring ranges far
beyond those of traditional short-range missiles
* Lock-on after launch and memory tracking capabilities
* A lightweight design compatible with traditional
Sidewinder stations
____

MICA, SD-10, and A/R-Darter will be a great AAM package for PAF JF-17 and J-10... and seriously whats the point for UK ASRAAM when we already going to have A-Darter?

Maybe A-Darter is not available or not ready for use? There are a million possibilities with the avail/non-avail. of armament on the international market. I think PAF should look at each and every one before deciding on the ones to go for.

Royal Malaysian and Nigerian airforces are also potential customers.

Unit cost depends on the number of planes to be produced. If 300 planes are ordered by PLAAF and PAF then the unit cost is expected to be around 15 million USD. If order is for more than 300 planes than cost would be lower around 10 million USD.

Royal Malaysian and Nigerian airforces are also potential customers.

Unit cost depends on the number of planes to be produced. If 300 planes are ordered by PLAAF and PAF then the unit cost is expected to be around 15 million USD. If order is for more than 300 planes than cost would be lower around 10 million USD.

PLAAF is not interested, thats why PAF requirement has been upped from 150 to 250 and that is why pak/china have formed a mktg body to persue export orders to keep the price of the a/c in the US 20-25 mill range. at this price there will be no competition for this type of a/c.

can anybody enlighten me on H-2 and H-4. which AAMs is it based on?
i think PAF can afford ASRAAM in limited numbers before A-Darter orders are completed and becomes operational in PAF...
Denel is also working on a ramjet powered AAM and in fact have offered us joint venter and dont see why PAF shouldnt go for this deal..

i watched thunder videos. its not very manuvrable
and why there are no more official paf info on the aircraft or new pics
i mean info on the missilie testing,how many a.c in total they have.
this is my first post so sorry for mistakes
and sorry my bad english.

i watched thunder videos. its not very manuvrable
and why there are no more official paf info on the aircraft or new pics
i mean info on the missilie testing,how many a.c in total they have.
this is my first post so sorry for mistakes
and sorry my bad english.

Don't worry newbie everyone has to start somewhere.

JF17 is a light fighter compared to other aircraft like F16s which gives it that edge in manouverability and with right avionics package, radar and missiles it will do its job just fine.

Regarding official news read up on it in this thread all answers are contained within these pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom