What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

15977442.jpg

A good head shot of the JF-17 supporting three fuel drop tanks, purports to show that even when carrying a bulky load, the Thunder still has plenty of ground clearance.

Titbit is that second batch avionics are being tested on a prototype (not sure its 04 or 06) and performance is twice as good as the first batch avionics. Much powerful mission computers are used for sensor fusion, overall performance is very satisfactory. What was once offered by Sagem should be left behind despite how good it was. PAF does seem happy with Chinese technological advancements. They are at a stage where they can compete with the best in world. Also, new flight control interface (fly by light as he called it) is being used in J-20 and FC-20 might share a piece of it.

Titbit is that second batch avionics are being tested on a prototype (not sure its 04 or 06) and performance is twice as good as the first batch avionics. Much powerful mission computers are used for sensor fusion, overall performance is very satisfactory. What was once offered by Sagem should be left behind despite how good it was. PAF does seem happy with Chinese technological advancements. They are at a stage where they can compete with the best in world. Also, new flight control interface (fly by light as he called it) is being used in J-20 and FC-20 might share a piece of it.

Thanks for the tit-bit. However it just makes us hungry for more ... ... so I am not sure if you are being kind or cruel!!!

parallel developments for different configurations as far as i know. Right now, CAC is not only working on JFT B verison on PAF request but also on ground attack version with rugged under carriage and landing gear, to replace PLAAF obsolete Q-5 and F-7 fleet. This is the one with WS-13 engine onboard. Block 2 is a different thing altogether having stealthy fuselage and other tweaks. The one for egypt maybe 04 or 06 but different radar and avionic suite similar to Bkl 2.

Gentlemen.. Ill be moving all questions into the JF thread.. lets keep the info pool for what it is.. an Info pool.

huishangahi posted the pics first so i will credit him -- i encourage senior members to post in this thread-- junior members, please dont qoute blogs in this thread

thankyou!
ok then tell me ho to upload pic...

【November.4th .2011】JFT PT 06 was being tested with J10AS. J20 .K8. J7G. in CAC

thx 汉魂雄风

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

【November 5th,2011】JFT PT 06 loaded with 2 C802As

thx 汉魂雄风

Last edited by a moderator:
thinplane.jpg

In front angle, this JF-17 look very thin and small, not very muscle.

This short video shows a good blast of JF-17's power plant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
Its a JF-17 information pool thread so just wanted to share a link with you of dubai airshow mag.
au.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416198869&o=ext

check page 14 and 52

Regards,
Faisal Rehman

Back
Top Bottom