What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

hasnain please ask pervaiz sahab can he be more specific about design changes in JF-17? as in PAC officially announced a new data link, fixed IFR and new avionics so depending upon these 3 news changes in block-2 what are other changes which required major changes in design since according to my limited knowledge only IFR would have required little change in design since IFR is envisaged from day one so a space left in JF-17 to accommodate IFR but the other changes?
Originally Posted by pshamim
Please Read the post again. It says the design changes have already been made and incorporated in Block-II. One other caution! When we talk of design changes, they meam external and internal

lo jawano mazay karo :D Similar load as that of F-16s in AntiShip operations
6407150933_6b587775d2_b.jpg
imagine 20 of these fighters with 40 C-803 launched to a fleet, what gonna happen to the fleet.!..?

Quote Originally Posted by pshamim View Post
Munir Saheb,

They are talking about deliveries starting in July. What is not clear that where these 50 will be produced. These 50 are donated by China and Since they will have Chinese produced avionics which are said to be more advanced than the one produced in Pakistan and integrated in Pakistan produced Thunder, I will assume that they will be assembled in China. We may really see 50 BLK-2 I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by pshamim View Post
Munir Saheb,

They are talking about deliveries starting in July. What is not clear that where these 50 will be produced. These 50 are donated by China and Since they will have Chinese produced avionics which are said to be more advanced than the one produced in Pakistan and integrated in Pakistan produced Thunder, I will assume that they will be assembled in China. We may really see 50 BLK-2 I assume.

Most likely built here as co-production.

The avionics are already Chinese mostly.
The radar KLJ-7.. (improved/tweaked)
ECM..Chinese.. Improved.
Comm equipment.. European to standardize with the rest of the fleet.

I am writing a short book on JF-17 Thunder. This book will provide detailed information about sensors, avionics, cockpit, aerodynamic design and weapon carrying capability of JF-17. Apart from discussing the aforementioned topic I will discuss some interesting topics such as 'baggage compartment' too:D

The first 2 (of 8 chapters) are uploaded.Following are the links.

JF-17 Thunder – All round view: Preface

Chapter 1: JF-17 Thunder’s radome/nose design

Chapter 2:JF-17 Thunder’s Aerodynamic Configuration

I am writing a short book on JF-17 Thunder. This book will provide detailed information about sensors, avionics, cockpit, aerodynamic design and weapon carrying capability of JF-17. Apart from discussing the aforementioned topic I will discuss some interesting topics such as 'baggage compartment' too:D

The first 2 (of 8 chapters) are uploaded.Following are the links.

JF-17 Thunder – All round view: Preface

Chapter 1: JF-17 Thunder’s radome/nose design

Chapter 2:JF-17 Thunder’s Aerodynamic Configuration

Wonderful work Najam Sahab. Can't wait for the complete book in PDF format. You have done awesome job till now. Great read. :tup:

imagine 20 of these fighters with 40 C-803 launched to a fleet, what gonna happen to the fleet.!..?

Hi, kindly please remember any modern naval fleet has a robust air defense consisting of long range SAMs, fighter air cover, and a last line of defense against anti-ship missiles. The JF-17 will have to fight its way in against Harriers, MiG-29s, and avoid surface to air missiles, and if it can launch its C-803, hope they are not intercepted by fleet air defense. The odds all of a sudden have been cut down drastically...

Hi, kindly please remember any modern naval fleet has a robust air defense consisting of long range SAMs, fighter air cover, and a last line of defense against anti-ship missiles. The JF-17 will have to fight its way in against Harriers, MiG-29s, and avoid surface to air missiles, and if it can launch its C-803, hope they are not intercepted by fleet air defense. The odds all of a sudden have been cut down drastically...
problem with our navy s that it doesnt has any good fighters to counter mig 29 if it doesnt induct jf-17
secondly most of the airdefense system aboard ships dont have long enough range to intercept fighters.

Outstanding job Najam ... the best yet loved thx alot brother keep it up ;)

Three more chapters added in the book 'JF-17 Thunder - All round view'. Some new topics like JFS, Baggage compartment , HUD, Digital video recorder, Cockpit audio recorder and Avionics tool kit (rugged laptop) are discussed:D.

Chapter 3 : JF-17 Thunder’s Middle Fuselage

Chapter 4 : JF-17 Thunder’s Cockpit

Chapter 5 : JF-17 Thunder’s Avionics JF-17 Thunder’s Avionics

Wot an effort .....amazing .....no matter how much i get ..it seems less..... manual Duplex FBW is still present ....i heared JFT is now employing full automatic FBW system .......??

Thanks Areesh, Nabil, Topgun and FJaviad and all others for your compliments. Hopefully by the end of March its remaining chapter & PDF version will be ready;)

Wot an effort .....amazing .....no matter how much i get ..it seems less..... manual Duplex FBW is still present ....i heared JFT is now employing full automatic FBW system .......??
Full FBW gives more control to the computer whereas a mixture of both gives pilots more learning opportunities. JF-17 can have full FBW in future, but that will require some adjustments inside the cockpit too.

For e.g F-16s have an Manual Pitch Override (MPO) switch in the instrumentation panel. The MPO switch is used to take back the control of aircraft from computer. When it is turned-ON, all recovery and High-G maneuvering becomes headache of pilots. In dual seat F-16s, the instructors use it to train young pilots the manual recovery methods...a common dialogue used after pushing the aircraft to extremes is Hey...I'm disoriented!. Then the trainee puts all his efforts to recover aircraft within safe altitude.:D

JFT HUD is designed on the pattern of F-18 Hornet HUD system which is a Dual Refractive Combiner system. In general performance, it is better than the F-16 HUD system. More precise and less jittery, both also look similar in dimensions.
Initially the blk 1 aircraft came without datalink but it has since been been added indigenously that is why you see a different set of communication antennas along with an undisclosed origin communication gear.
BTW according to the latest SIPRI arms transfer database, Russia has directly supplied 50 RD-33/93 engines for the JFT to Pakistan. this qty is other than the 150 engines supplied to China.true, 125 SD-10A rounds have been delivered from an order of 200.

some informative posts

Back
Top Bottom