What's new

JF-17 Thunder Destroys Targets With Live Ammunition In Exercise

The JF-17 is capable of carrying NESCOM's 120 km range H-4 precision guided weapon

Is it for ground attack?

, Brazilian MAR-1 Anti-Radiation air-to-surface missile, Chinese PL-12/SD-10A Beyond Visual Range Air to Air Missile (BVRAAM), PL-5E II/PL-9C Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (WVRAAM), LeiShi-6 (LS-6) Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb, LT-2/LS-500J Laser Guided Bomb and LT-3 Laser / Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb and C-802A Anti-ship Missile.[/QUOTE]

So JF-17 does operates in BVR and SD-10 is operational??

Great job.

1st time participation in 2 years ??? Seems kind of strange..

It says Squadron level JF-17 first time participated in a live Fire exercise, Although solely operational JF-17 already showed its worth in High Marks 2010.

First time participation at squadron level exercise = yes
first time use of live ammo during an exercise = no

I dont understand how its the first time with squadrons..

Have a look at this:
exercise-3-large.jpg

exercise-2-large.jpg

exercise-4-large.jpg

exercise-5-large.jpg

exercise-6-large.jpg

exercise-7-large.jpg

exercise-8-large.jpg

exercise-1-large.jpg

The JF-17 is capable of carrying NESCOM's 120 km range H-4 precision guided weapon

Is it for ground attack?

It is a Stand Off Weapon, made by Pakistan after TOT from South Africa. Its a secret weapon no official image has been surfaces yet except of a few Aviation Artist's paintings. Even the AFM auditor Allen Warns saw it during High Marks 2010 and described in AFM 2010 edition but no picture. we have made another Stand Off weapon Smaller to H-4, its H-2 of range 60km.
It looks like this
h4.jpg

You can take a look at its Info i collected.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/42757-h4-painting-paf-artist-could-answer.html

That's great new!! JF17 proving it's worth!

How many squardens has been inducted till date? Can some one provide info?

Till now two squadrons(around 40 aircraft) are operational while a third one will be operational this year.

Squadron 26 'Black Spiders' based Peshawar Airbase.
Squadron 16 'Black Panthers' based PAF Minhas Airbase.

Till now two squadrons(around 40 aircraft) are operational while a third one will be operational this year.

Squadron 26 'Black Spiders' based Peshawar Airbase.
Squadron 16 'Black Panthers' based PAF Minhas Airbase.

I am kind of disappointed...
If we have 40 then that means there is still 50 to come from china. So in total we will be aving 90-100 BLOCK 1

our order is 150 to 250.
What we should have done was:
50 Blk 1
100 Blk 2
100 Blk 3.

no aircrfts coming from china..next 50 will be block 2

Are there any pictures of JF-17 firing SD-10?

I am kind of disappointed...
If we have 40 then that means there is still 50 to come from china. So in total we will be aving 90-100 BLOCK 1

our order is 150 to 250.
What we should have done was:
50 Blk 1
100 Blk 2
100 Blk 3.

Is there significant structural changes b/w Blk 1 vs Blk 2?? If no then they can be easily upgraded especially when these fighters are going to be built and upgraded in-house...b/w what is the strength of a squadron in Pak??

I am certain that once again it is Pakistani press that is messing things up.... To me, Thunder test fired SD-10 or some other weapons for the first time that they have made it looks like as if it was first time that any weapon left a hardpoint of Thunder.

Weapon testing is over on JFT and this news is the evidence, rather, this is a certification that JFT is has been approved for all mentioned weapons which were being tested on it since 2008-9. Call it a certification and weapons clearance, not that it just began testing them. Now it can be scrambled at any given time, F-16s need a little rest :D

i think egypt and azerbaijjan buying JF-17 block 2... anyways good news! but i never knew it was the first time

Back
Top Bottom