What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block-II replaces F-7P Skybolt of the Number 2 Minhas Squadron.

Im not against thunder im against planning IAF knew pak only has F 16 and JF 17 so they have easy task if we got J 10 along with 30 SU 35 IAF never dare to even think of sending any fighter jet in pak incuding their new rafale and pakfa

This "planning" is there because of a mix of poor economic conditions, geo-political relations and missed opportunities (due to reasons many times mentioned on this very forum) ... It's not simply a case of PAF just going --- "No to any sort of offense!" --- which btw is not really the case .. if you seriously look at the A2G weaponry, especially the stand off weaponry that we possess and plus add in the F-16's ...

As far as new inductions go, sorry to burst the bubbles but as of now ... the only real consideration is the J-10B and that too is based on the decision of IAF's rafale deal ... As far as IAF not "daring" etc. -- well the problem is --- for deterrence --- you need to have a wild card -- a weapon that can change the course of war and its mere presence can make the opponent go down the road of"what if's" -- that for us is our nuclear + missile capability ...

But then again, while we look at this from today's lens -- how could PAF have planned for say a SU-35 induction ?? -- After all, just 5 years ago -- the ruskies were the best buds of India -- remember --- and there were all these complexities involving a re-export of Al-31 engine and whether the J-10 PAF has to use will have a Chinese power plant and what not ... Now either you have enough supporting cast (diplomats etc.) spread around the world to force decisions in your favor -- and guess what ... we dont have that either ...

It's a very broad topic, I mean all sorts of arguments and cases can be made for and against what I say or what you say .... however the bottom line is -- we have no choice but to be cost effective because our opponent can simply spend more then we can ... many times more actually .... so when your on the table .... the risk associated with a big decision ... say a deal involving SU-35 is manyfold comparatively to say the IAF making a decision ... because if tomorrow that decision turns sour and the SU-35's availability becomes less, it ends up costing more or doesn't bring out the desired results --- guess which people would flip flop and start criticizing XYZ decisions ...

It's very easy to sit behind a computer screen, and be like PAF needs this this and this ... and it screwed up on this ... however when it comes down to it ... if I were a PAF planner I'd quit my job the next day because I'd rather not be involved in a decision that may seem completely rational at the time but end up biting me in the behind because the long term ramifications were unaccounted for because the people weren't able to forecast the situation 10-20 years from now or the supporting cast wasn't able to perform up to its required mark ...

Last edited:
Sir g Hum sy barey Experts oper Baithy hain They Know Well hum sirf discuss kar sakty hain karna ohnu ny wohi hai jo unka Dil hoga Hosakta ha F35 Lay ayan bhai sab in ka koi pata nai :pakistan:

PAF Masroor has a bird strike problem. Urbanization has encroached too near to the base, and the damage to PAF jets is costing alot to PAF and has cost several crashes as well. I've heard from several sources that PAF will eventually relocate the base and has already selected a new location which has some added strategic advantages as well. Its now a matter of when whether than if.

China has converted F-6/7s into UAVs for use as air defence decoys and cruise missiles. Hope PAF initiates a similar program for its phased out jets.

I hope not ! Than all the infrastructure and the spare parts, missiles, bombs, equipment which are lying in the depots will be wasted, let the machines what they were build for, just overhaul them a last time or even upgrade them and hold then reserve for_
Surveillance aircraft, AIR BASE-PIN-POINT-AIR DEFENCE Fighter and Ground attack aircraft.

Certainly better to relocate the bases than getting their assets burnt to ashes in next terrorist attack.
Not really, its better to go ahead and wipe out every and any inkling of terrorist or terrorist supporting thought. The disease needs to be rooted out rather than just strengthening the organs.

Check there is no markings on 13-150. But other 3 Squads of CCS, Panthers and Spiders have etched there markings on there respective JF-17's. It is a cue it is for No.2 squadron awaiting markings
Just noticed that as well. I've asked a friend to confirm about the block as well as get some pics if possible.

This "planning" is there because of a mix of poor economic conditions, geo-political relations and missed opportunities (due to reasons many times mentioned on this very forum) ... It's not simply a case of PAF just going --- "No to any sort of offense!" --- which btw is not really the case .. if you seriously look at the A2G weaponry, especially the stand off weaponry that we possess and plus add in the F-16's ...

As far as new inductions go, sorry to burst the bubbles but as of now ... the only real consideration is the J-10B and that too is based on the decision of IAF's rafale deal ... As far as IAF not "daring" etc. -- well the problem is --- for deterrence --- you need to have a wild card -- a weapon that can change the course of war and its mere presence can make the opponent go down the road of"what if's" -- that for us is our nuclear + missile capability ...

But then again, while we look at this from today's lens -- how could PAF have planned for say a SU-35 induction ?? -- After all, just 5 years ago -- the ruskies were the best buds of India -- remember --- and there were all these complexities involving a re-export of Al-31 engine and whether the J-10 PAF has to use will have a Chinese power plant and what not ... Now either you have enough supporting cast (diplomats etc.) spread around the world to force decisions in your favor -- and guess what ... we dont have that either ...

It's a very broad topic, I mean all sorts of arguments and cases can be made for and against what I say or what you say .... however the bottom line is -- we have no choice but to be cost effective because our opponent can simply spend more then we can ... many times more actually .... so when your on the table .... the risk associated with a big decision ... say a deal involving SU-35 is manyfold comparatively to say the IAF making a decision ... because if tomorrow that decision turns sour and the SU-35's availability becomes less, it ends up costing more or doesn't bring out the desired results --- guess which people would flip flop and start criticizing XYZ decisions ...

It's very easy to sit behind a computer screen, and be like PAF needs this this and this ... and it screwed up on this ... however when it comes down to it ... if I were a PAF planner I'd quit my job the next day because I'd rather not be involved in a decision that may seem completely rational at the time but end up biting me in the behind because the long term ramifications were unaccounted for because the people weren't able to forecast the situation 10-20 years from now or the supporting cast wasn't able to perform up to its required mark ...
First of all Rafale deal is done so where is J 10

and russia has more importang partner than india which is china

If we get SU 35 and if india pressurise russia china will also put pressure on russia

And we know china whom russia give importance over india

And now india is friend of their enemy buying weapons from its enemy not supporting in UN for ukraine crisis made russia U turn on india

So ground realities has changed up side down plz open your eyes you are living in if im talking now

India tried to isolate pak but it has isolate itself now 3 big players are friends of pakistan

China is enemy of india
Russia is almost slipping from india
USA relation can take U turn any time it is their history

usa Using india to counter china once theg fail in it usa will have no importance for india

As miandad said india aik ball ki maar hai

First of all Rafale deal is done so where is J 10

and russia has more importang partner than india which is china

If we get SU 35 and if india pressurise russia china will also put pressure on russia

And we know china whom russia give importance over india

And now india is friend of their enemy buying weapons from its enemy not supporting in UN for ukraine crisis made russia U turn on india

So ground realities has changed up side down plz open your eyes you are living in if im talking now

India tried to isolate pak but it has isolate itself now 3 big players are friends of pakistan

China is enemy of india
Russia is almost slipping from india
USA relation can take U turn any time it is their history

usa Using india to counter china once theg fail in it usa will have no importance for india

As miandad said india aik ball ki maar hai

I think PAF was waiting to know exact number of Rafale which India will buy... And above this Maybe PAF is waiting for J-10B

J-10B fighter upgraded version of the J-10A model will be the most advanced military aircraft China has developed on its own. Produced by the Chengdu Aviation Corporation the J-10B has an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, integrated jamming rods, IRST sensor, diverterless supersonic intake (DSI), and an uprated AL-31FN Series III turbofan engine. These upgrades increase the J-10B’s power, infrared detection against any stealthy aircraft and increased jamming capabilities against enemy missiles.

Pakistan has only 50 CM-400AKG in the inventory. Dont know such a small number will be useful.

50 is good numbers if those are to be used for Maritime strike role only but if ground targets need to be hit by those (which should be done) then 500 -1000 at least needed because enemy is huge and even with combination of other weapons systems PAF will need those in numbers to put pressure on enemy on its home ground.

PAF Masroor has a bird strike problem. Urbanization has encroached too near to the base, and the damage to PAF jets is costing alot to PAF and has cost several crashes as well. I've heard from several sources that PAF will eventually relocate the base and has already selected a new location which has some added strategic advantages as well. Its now a matter of when whether than if.

China has converted F-6/7s into UAVs for use as air defence decoys and cruise missiles. Hope PAF initiates a similar program for its phased out jets.

You are right the new base is near Hyderabad Sind but Masroor is not going anywhere soon. The land is already owned by PAF as there was an old WWII airfield there. If you look hard enough you can see traces of it on Google Earth. This new base will cover the gap between Jacobabad and Masroor. Construction about to start.

bangladesh is similar econmy to us they cannot afford to maintain any airforce.
countries with our econmy cant maintain any airforce

while we have f-16s and thunders
do you guys know that we cant even afford thudners and most were produced with fincial assiatnce from china!!

so looking for su-35 or anything else is too unrealistic with little additional punch in face of overwhelmingly powerful IAF

we need to get our numbers first with help of thunders

even economies like india caanot afford fighters and are looking towards LCA which is more short legged as compared to Thunder and even more importantly is useless for country with geography like india which is facing two front threat

Block 1 and 2 major difference is software upgrade minus probe + wing strengthening so all avionics will be the same once firmware /software upgrade is performed for which u may not need the aircraft sent to kamara

Back
Top Bottom