What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block-II replaces F-7P Skybolt of the Number 2 Minhas Squadron.

Whats the current count of the number of JF 17s in the PAF?

I think PN have already placed a separate order for 36-40 JF-17 Block-IIs with may be some 10 more as attrition reserves and might be looking to acquire some similar numbers for the Block-IIIs as well. 150 JF-17s would be for PAF + 100 for PN.

PN might be operating 20-25 JF-17 Block-IIs from Mehran-Faisal Airbase with 20-25 JF-17 Block-IIs from Pasni Air base and later on adding similar numbers of JF-17 Block-IIIs.

I think the pilot might going to be selected from the PAF's section for Maritime operations. But still I think PN needs to do more like ask US for more P-3Cs and also look towards acquiring more ATR-72s. 6 ATR-42s for Pakistan Coast Guards as well and Pakistan Coast Guards should come under PN rules at any cost.

A good Air Fleet should look like that:
12 P-3Cs
03 P-3Cs Hawkeye 2000s AEW&C
06 ATR-72s MPA version
06 ATR-42s MPA version for Pakistan Coast Guards
UAVs & UCAVs
30 Z-9EC
20 Sea Kings

Sir i thought its Number 8 Squadron which has the sea strike role.plz correct me if i am wrong.
No you are right ... Haiders is Sqd # 8 comprising of Mirage-VPA2/3 ... where the PA2 variant is for CAS and the PA3 is the AM-39 Exocet armed naval strike fighter.
Squadron # 7 is Bandits ... which operates the multi-role Mirage-IIIEA ROSE-I.

Both these squadrons operate out of Masroor base.

I don't think so because first 50 to 54 Jets are BLOCK I and they are enough for three squadrons @Sulman Badshah

People if first 50 Jets are BLOCK I than I don't think this squadron is BLOCK II @Oscar and @DESERT FIGHTER
the production for block 2 crossed 18 ac's and block 2's are better than 1's so that's why i am sure # 2 sqd is now replaced with block 2

Sir i thought its Number 8 Squadron which has the sea strike role.plz correct me if i am wrong.
yes they are for sea strikes

currently they have mirage V but soon JF17 will replace them

hird squadron of JF-17 than it is BLOCK I not BLOCK II
yes third one is ccs
they have block 1

Whats the current count of the number of JF 17s in the PAF?

previously they were 54.. Now add 1 squadron more

means they are now 72

are these Block II?
yes these are block 2

Why need to shift? Also PAF needs to build new ones like an abandoned base in malir may be for training n UAVs operation.

PAF Masroor has a bird strike problem. Urbanization has encroached too near to the base, and the damage to PAF jets is costing alot to PAF and has cost several crashes as well. I've heard from several sources that PAF will eventually relocate the base and has already selected a new location which has some added strategic advantages as well. Its now a matter of when whether than if.

China has converted F-6/7s into UAVs for use as air defence decoys and cruise missiles. Hope PAF initiates a similar program for its phased out jets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom