What's new

JF 17 is The Wrong Omnirole Aircraft For PAKISTAN

Then why don you buy SU-35 for your self ?F-16 has upgraded by Turkey n capable of doing things.For your information we have 2 squadrons of block 52.India is going to retire whole flying coffins And you are saying that right upgrades of MIG 21 to face bapu F-16 :rofl:?You made my day.....You don know any thing.....Key board warrior. :smitten::pakistan:
we are not buying Su-35 as what it offers we already have it and after AESA based radar/EWsuites& jammer pacakge and a new engine MKI will be more deadli than Su-35 in current offerred form

no you have just 18 Blk-52 F-16s go check it and rest 42 are MLUd Blk40 level and against them we have 2 suads each of upgraded M2Ks & Mig 29s which are upgraded to there best possible configration

we are not going to retire bisons just yet and even they are upgraded and have much better radar and BVR combo than your mirageIIIs and J-7s which soon will be replaced LCA1P (lca MK1 with israeli EL-2052 AESA and python5, Derby & I Derby ER combo)

rest keep dreaming no harm in it

I think nothing is perfect in its inception. When a thing starts up, it is supposed to have many things to improve. However, while working on a technology, things tend to improve and then transform into some high quality form of technology.

PAF F-16s will be brought up to blk 52 standard minus 3 things
PAF F-16 mlu specifications and 36 blk 52+ prospects
1. there are no improvements to the Block 15s mission range and loiter time;
2. there are no engine improvements; and,
3. there are no improvements to payload capacity

It has other things that come with blk 52 like APG-68v9 radar, JHMCS, JDAM, AGM-84 Harpoon capability, etc
no you have just 18 Blk-52 F-16s go check it and rest 42 are MLUd Blk40 level and against them we have 2 suads each of upgraded M2Ks & Mig 29s which are upgraded to there best possible configration

Does not the su-35 have the same engine problems as the su-30

If the engines break down will they be have to sent to Russia for overhauling?

Last edited:
Does not the su-35 have the same engine problems as the su-30

If the engines break down will they be have to sent to Russia for over hauling
wrong we have already been making Su-30 engines in india from raw material level and now have complete overhaul and maintenece capabilities and who know if pakistan becomes freindli with us we just might overhaul PAFs su-35s :D

Guys can it be possible that PAF could get the Assistance of Mig Corporation in the development of Block 3 or Block 4. And what will be the Effect on its Performance if we place a TVC Engine on it ?

Besides I absolutely Agree with @MastanKhan 's Point of View. People are saying that JF-17 Thunder can Fire BVR do this and that. Dear folks ! If Thunder Can Fire BVR, Does Foes Aircrafts are not Loaded with BVRs ?
Will they fire Flowers at you in Actual War Scenario ??
People Saying that if we even loose 200 Thunders in war and Kill 80 Su-30s + other Mirages and jets !
Peeps those 200 Thunders have Pilots inside whose life is also Equally Precious !
Don't be Selfish and Cold.

Mikoyan happens to have a jet i.e Mig-29 which is a direct competitor of JF-17 -- If you look at the threads from 2010 there was alot of discussion on how a JFT would compete with Mig-29 in the exports as the RD-93 engine onbord the JFT is Russian ...

You would also need to specify what type of assistance we want and what good it will do for the program -- as far as TVC goes for JFT -- I don't think we need it -- PAF seems to take the route the Americans took with their 4th gens where their jets weren't aiming to achieve super maneuverability like the ones from Russia for example lets say the Sukhoi series ... With a capable HMS and a 5th gen WVR missile with HOBS -- you don't really need to go towards the super maneuverability route ..

As compared to other aircrafts. We are manufacturing most of it. So contextually correct. Now if you are through with your nitpicking then go and sit in a corner quietly. If you have anything positive to contribute please join the debate.
Araz

don't be such... he is not talking about spare parts.... get the meaning of what i said... otherwise don't quote me.. your nonsense. . There is difference jets easily available and spare parts availability. . you can't print jets just like that...

I'm not an expert on defence but, Pakistan defence budget: $7billion, India defence budget: $45billion. They enjoy 6.5 times more funds than Pakistani Armed Forces. Yet, if you were to look at both out inventories, their numbers and strength are not 6.5 times higher. So clearly we have done quite well to maintain the the level of parity that we have.

But, of course they will maintain some technical and quality superiority over us but everyone knows when it comes to Pakistan; we'd all defend it with everything we've got.

wrong we have already been making Su-30 engines in india from raw material level and now have complete overhaul and maintenece capabilities and who know if pakistan becomes freindli with us we just might overhaul PAFs su-35s :D
Thank you for your generous offer. Firstly can you verify what is being made engine wise in India for the SU30. I am unaware and your help wouuld be appreciated.As to help with SU35 no thank you. Firstly I think it is just a piece of newz of little value. Secondly we all know HAL capabilitìes as apparently did the french and the Boeing people. We would however love to be friends and have trade and cricket
Araz.

Last edited:
Hi,

JF 17 is the wrong air craft for the armed forces of Pakistan. Even though it has been inducted with a great fanfare and extremely positive results---this aircraft is a little too small aircraft to do the job right when facing the likes of IAF.

On its own merit---the JF 17---for its size has one of the best overall packages available in the industry---air to air---air to ground and air to sea---.

So---in order to have balance in its air arm---Pakistan will have to purchase multiple other platforms.

We have the F16's and possibly no more F 16's----.

We need a medium strike aircraft---with the likes of a JH7B with aesa---this aircraft is like the tornado---. This aircraft can carry 8-10 anti ship missiles and still can defend itself with BVR missiles as well. In the Growler mode, this aircraft take the potency to fight back the enemy to a new level.

Pakistan also need an air superiority type aircraft----like the J 10B----or the J 11---and then on top of that---Pakistan will be looking forward to a stealth type plane like the J 31.

Pakistan military is missing the strike capability of a Tornado type of aircraft in its arsenal---and for that---PAF has failed to deliver.

The procurement of fighter aircraft needs to be taken away from the Pakistan air force---a 3 member team formed with the decision to buy that is needed.

Basically---PAF CANNOT be TRUSTED to buy the right type of equipment---. Like in the case of Saab aircraft----. Paf wanted all saab aircraft and Musharraf put a stop to it and got 4 or 5 chinese variants to have diversity and lines open in case of sanctions from Sweden.

Musharraf's decision proved to ve correct----the Chinese aircraft are as potent or better than the Swedish.

In a similar manner---Musharraf made the deal to buy 36 J 10's---. He knew in his heart and he knew from his experience that the JF 17 as good as it is in its class with all the paraphernalia---is not the answer to the needs of Pakistan.

Pakistan needed a bigger and a more potent aircraft-----.

Now Paf may have thought otherwise----but if you ook at the history of Paf since 1971----it is mostly of failures---bad decisions---lack of understanding the level of threat---at times total ignorance of issues at hand---at times not sharing the level of imminent threat to the national assets-----.

Which basically leads it be acting more like a person who is acting like someone with least concern rather than one who has the best interest of the Pakistan.
真是。。you should think about the real values for the aircraft and other army, first,Pakistan is save now,if aircraft those lots of fighter cheaply, that maybe can build an aircraft useful in short time.but, there wont have a war in the another 20years.cheaply fighter dont have so much latent capacity,and JF17 have much chance to refit,somany new weapon can Use in. and it just for the long-term plan。

don't be such... he is not talking about spare parts.... get the meaning of what i said... otherwise don't quote me.. your nonsense. . There is difference jets easily available and spare parts availability. . you can't print jets just like that...
Dear boy.
you think I can not see where you are coming from.?Your sarcastic remarks are not required.If my nonsense is not required put me on your ignored list. The next time you post sarcastic remarks will be your last one.
Mods please take note of this idiot mischief monger.@ manticore @Oscar@Horus @irfan Baoch please get this idiot out of this thread.

Last edited:
JF 17 is The Wrong Aircraft For PAKISTAN.. without the ''hi'' in the hi-low mix..
added omnirole to the title

Reminds me of my very first thread on the forum
PAF should've invested more on J-10s rather than JF-17s
... and I made a lot of haters that day
Sir I don't hate you in fact I agree with you. Pakistan needs a third 4.5th Generation platform as for me I think best options are either to go for SU-35 or J-11 D. J-10 B will always be their.

even india can not support 470-500 4th generation fighters force in 45 billion dollars budget.
believe me 150 if 17, 36 Heavyweight fighters and 70+ f-16s are enough :)
Dont take me wrong. But I still think you guys should have taken over the assembly line of M2K and started building more. With upgrades which could have come along the line from israel or France would have kept the AC relevant and you could have kept the cost down as well. But this is perhaps for another thread
Appologies for being off topic.

Back
Top Bottom