What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

One thing I do not understand, so Block 3 is just supposed to be incremental upgrade and we should not expect anything MAJOR.... then why is it taking so long for development and testing? Unless PAC/CAC have a massive surprise in store for us.

One thing I do not understand, so Block 3 is just supposed to be incremental upgrade and we should not expect anything MAJOR.... then why is it taking so long for development and testing? Unless PAC/CAC have a massive surprise in store for us.
In an aircraft, even a minor change has to be fully tested. This testing requires time. Block 3 has had quite a few internal under the skin changes, which has required testing. After each test things are again tweeked to get the optimum output out of the plane. Sometimes things do not work and you have to go back to the design board. Sometimes multiple variations may have to be tried to see which suits the fighter the best.All of these things take time, money and effort.
A

When it comes to midway changes, the jf-17 has seen more than many, even at the prototyping stage. Remember the drastic differences, hence the delay between third and fourth flying prototypes.

The block 3 is NOT just an incremental upgrade. In some areas, you will notice evident changes.

Patience will pay off.

I think we are all eager to see the Block 3. However, our eagerness and the necessities of thorough testing do not go hand in hand and the PAC must ensure that the baby is ready to walk before it flies.
A
I hope this baby is ready to fly before it flies. Otherwise...
:D

It's still a relatively big jump, e.g., three-axis fly-by-wire, AESA radar, increase payload, etc. So, even though there are limited structural changes, the few changes they made require a lot of testing. That said, besides its range and payload limits, the Block-3 is a soundly modern fighter, it has all of the contemporary technologies you need.

It's still a relatively big jump, e.g., three-axis fly-by-wire, AESA radar, increase payload, etc. So, even though there are limited structural changes, the few changes they made require a lot of testing. That said, besides its range and payload limits, the Block-3 is a soundly modern fighter, it has all of the contemporary technologies you need.
Any word FLIR?

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...ghter-to-revolutionise-pakistani-capabilities

Chief designer of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet Yang Wei, also developer of the J-20 stealth fighter for the Chinese People's Liberation Army, reported in a press conference in early March 2019 that production of an advanced new variant of the combat jet, the JF-17 Block III, has been initiated. “All related work is being carried out… the third block will see the JF-17’s informatized warfare capability and weapons upgraded,” he stated. The aircraft is being developed under a joint venture between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the Chengdu Aerospace Corporation, and production of the fighter in Pakistan is expected to be established at a later date much as it did with the Block I and Block II variants. The new fighter is set to revolutionise Pakistani aerial warfare capabilities, incorporating an advanced active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar (possibly the Chinese made KLJ-7A), new electronic warfare systems, a new fly by wire digital flight control system, a new helmet mounted display and access to a new wider range of more sophisticated munitions.

Other possible upgrades to the JF-17 design which will be integrated onto the Block III variant include an infra red search and track system and a radar cross section reducing 'pseudo-stealthy' airframe

Other possible upgrades to the JF-17 design which will be integrated onto the Block III variant include an infra red search and track system and a radar cross section reducing 'pseudo-stealthy' airframe
radar cross section reducing 'pseudo-stealthy' airframe...doesn't that mean that their will be visible changes in the airframe?

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...ghter-to-revolutionise-pakistani-capabilities

Chief designer of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet Yang Wei, also developer of the J-20 stealth fighter for the Chinese People's Liberation Army, reported in a press conference in early March 2019 that production of an advanced new variant of the combat jet, the JF-17 Block III, has been initiated. “All related work is being carried out… the third block will see the JF-17’s informatized warfare capability and weapons upgraded,” he stated. The aircraft is being developed under a joint venture between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the Chengdu Aerospace Corporation, and production of the fighter in Pakistan is expected to be established at a later date much as it did with the Block I and Block II variants. The new fighter is set to revolutionise Pakistani aerial warfare capabilities, incorporating an advanced active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar (possibly the Chinese made KLJ-7A), new electronic warfare systems, a new fly by wire digital flight control system, a new helmet mounted display and access to a new wider range of more sophisticated munitions.

The JF-17 program is turning out to be a godsend for Pakistan! Kudo to the visionaries who made it happen!

Things mentioned in this video are all true and it also busts the fanboy crap going on social media.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom