What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Pakistan will stick with the Russian engines for some time, Pakistan does not have the financial space to risk losing fighter jets and pilots to help mature a chinese engine. China will have to develop the WS-13/19 series on the FC-31 series until it is mature and has the MTBO and lifespan that the Russian engines have(and the Russian MTBO/Lifespan standards are already v.low compared to the likes of the EJ200 etc.. )

Pakistan will stick with the Russian engines for some time, Pakistan does not have the financial space to risk a fighter to help mature a chinese engine. China will have to develop the WS-13/19 series on the FC-31 series until it is mature and has the MTBO and lifespan that the Russian engines have..
just read somewhere that new JF-17 are using WS-13

Who is this lady? It is indeed big news if what she is saying is true. WS-19 on Thunder will defo make it a very, very potent jet.

It wont be potent if it needs servicing every 200hrs, and has a lifespan of 800hrs or so.. the quality is not there yet.. let alone the reliability of a new chinese engine design.

It wont be potent if it needs servicing every 200hrs, and has a lifespan of 800hrs or so.. the quality is not there yet.. let alone the reliability of a new chinese engine design.
I meant potency in terms of thrust-to-weight output of engine. Reliability and quality issues are definitely there.

I meant potency in terms of thrust-to-weight output of engine. Reliability and quality issues are definitely there.

Have a think about how many flying hours PAF burnt through in the events after 26 Feb, 2019 per JF17. It was most likely a lot more than 200 per plane !!! A high intensity standoff/CAP regime would be bought to a deadstop if the engines cannot maintain the tempo. These tools, must be built for war, and built to be able to indure the requirements of war. PAF cannot be a testing laboratory for China, the platforms must be able to endure the requirements of war...

Screenshot_2019-08-27-13-40-38.png

times fly by fast..i will be surprised if Chinese engines are not upto par with Russians yet given they have been working on it for 2 decades now ..but thats my opinion..

I was expecting Pakistan will unveil it's
JF-17 block III on August 14 Pakistan day. But nothing hearing about it's debut.

I was expecting Pakistan will unveil it's
JF-17 block III on August 14 Pakistan day. But nothing hearing about it's debut.

To admit, I know that several expected this, but IMO that was more a hope than a realistic option since from all reliable sources, this was always aimed for October/November.

To admit, I know that several expected this, but IMO that was more a hope than a realistic option since from all reliable sources, this was always aimed for October/November.
I think we are all eager to see the Block 3. However, our eagerness and the necessities of thorough testing do not go hand in hand and the PAC must ensure that the baby is ready to walk before it flies.
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom