What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

It's still a relatively big jump, e.g., three-axis fly-by-wire, AESA radar, increase payload, etc. So, even though there are limited structural changes, the few changes they made require a lot of testing. That said, besides its range and payload limits, the Block-3 is a soundly modern fighter, it has all of the contemporary technologies you need.
Given blk 3 is going to be the mainstay, the decision to have only 50 units is not easy to understand. These too, will arrive at the end of 2024 (complete arrival).

It means 5 years from now, we have only 50 blk3s. Given the uncertainity with F16s, their upgradation to V standards and the arrival of new ones, the only modern addition we can always be sure of is blk3.

Given that blk3s will be ordered from China, why don't we order more?

Given blk 3 is going to be the mainstay, the decision to have only 50 units is not easy to understand. These too, will arrive at the end of 2024 (complete arrival).

It means 5 years from now, we have only 50 blk3s. Given the uncertainity with F16s, their upgradation to V standards and the arrival of new ones, the only modern addition we can always be sure of is blk3.

Given that blk3s will be ordered from China, why don't we order more?
Well, the JF-17B is basically a twin-seat Block-3, so it's actually 76 planes (26 Bs + 50 B3s). That said, the PAF's official book for 1999-2009 stated that it could go for up to 270 JF-17s in the end. I'd simply expect another batch after Block-3 -- either more B3s or perhaps a B4, B5, etc.

Well, the JF-17B is basically a twin-seat Block-3, so it's actually 76 planes (26 Bs + 50 B3s). That said, the PAF's official book for 1999-2009 stated that it could go for up to 270 JF-17s in the end. I'd simply expect another batch after Block-3 -- either more B3s or perhaps a B4, B5, etc.
So JF 17 B have which AESA radar?

[QUOTE=". Given that blk3s will be ordered from China, why don't we order more?[/QUOTE]

Won't they be produced at PAC?

Without AESA, how can JF-17B be an equivalent to blk3?

Without AESA, how can JF-17B be an equivalent to blk3?
AESA can always be retrofitted as there appear to be plans to retrofit the whole fleet of JFTs with an AESA. This would also point to local production at the avionics suite. However we do need a few Bs now to test and evaluate their Future role in PAF. Whether they remain as trainers or have an evolved role and to what extent we can exploit them and expand the role they play. If the role is satisfactory we may yet see more Bs joining PAF.
A

After looking at talks about NG-JF-17 (may be block IV and onwards) , My guess about block III is we wont going to see much changes in airframe , yes there can be some miner ones , only thing I can imagine is more composite material especially in wings to add one more hard point and on air-intakes so they can take pods ….. Then all the older blocks will be upgraded to Block III stander later in future( As MLU may be in 2025) … This can be the cheapest , smartest and best-ever move to replace older F-6s and F-7s …..
Now NG-JF-17 will going to be different thing , just like some very honorable posters said , NG-JF-17 will going to be brother in arm for our AZM (FGFA)……… NG-JF17 can replace F-7Pgs ….

AESA can always be retrofitted as there appear to be plans to retrofit the whole fleet of JFTs with an AESA. This would also point to local production at the avionics suite. However we do need a few Bs now to test and evaluate their Future role in PAF. Whether they remain as trainers or have an evolved role and to what extent we can exploit them and expand the role they play. If the role is satisfactory we may yet see more Bs joining PAF.
A
why do u think not?

Back
Top Bottom