What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I doubt the wingtips can carry SD-10s or PL-15s. Unless in the latest block they are strengthened.

F-16 wings are incredibly strong and have a flutter problem. AMRAAMs on wingtips helps this flutter problem. Kind of like a glorified wing fence.

I was told that wingtip rails help with the flutter, one reason that F-16, JAS-39, J-16 etc fly with empty wingtip rail. I reckon same likely i true for the JF-17.

As for the wingtip load factor, I can't answer if JF-17 can or can't, I be surprised if it can't as it uses F-16 as a benchmark somewhat.

Remarkably, the aerodynamics of the JF-17 is not the same as that of an F-16! It is significantly different. It should have better ITR but be weaker with STR. Something like a happy half way point between a M2K and an F-16.

Does JF-17 carry more than 2 BVRAAM? I can't find any pictures with more than that. Could someone post images with more than 2 BVRAAMs on JF-17 please?

Does JF-17 carry more than 2 BVRAAM? I can't find any pictures with more than that. Could someone post images with more than 2 BVRAAMs on JF-17 please?
It carry 4 but it can't carry 4 o regular bases because to increase fuel drop tanks in war situations like on 26/27 FEB i am 100% that JF-17 carried 4 BVRAAM @Philip the Arab

Areas where hardpoints can be/ could be mounted.
Sir G, isn't it also depends upon the structural strength and power (engine) of the aircraft? Seems in imaginations we are over stressing the structure and power of a light aircraft with the load of medium or heavy ones.
Better we leave the JF-17 in its league and just tweak it with best available systems to us. For medium we should start a separate project/JV.

Pl12 has been integrated and certified by PAF test and evaluation team since 2011. This allowed blk1s to carry them too. But, all blk 1s are now upgraded to blk 2 config.

Yep. All scrambling thunders carry sd10a.
Is there any plan to upgrade current SD-10A to something advance? I remeber reading somewhere that there was SD-10B version planned.

Back
Top Bottom