What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The new came out from Russian source clearly said that engine is for JF-17 and Pakistan did order in 2012 i wonder which sources are fan boy

If you know Pakistan, you will also know that Pakistan will never order an engine in 2012 which is suppose to start testing phase in 2021. That's not how our Armed forces procurement work

One question guys; there was a discussion initially about the Block III for adding IRST and in-flight refuelling probe. Is this on the cards or are the tests currently going on?

1641506497981.png

This is a shot that I got from google search and it didn't seem like there was a retractable slot for the refuelling probe.

speculation right now but yet to be confirmed.
I am NOT stating that it has been done - however PAF engineers worked out an increase in thrust from the PW-100 at the expense of MTBO.
Those same approaches were supposed to implemented into the RD-93 for a peace/war setting but I have no idea if it ever was.

One question guys; there was a discussion initially about the Block III for adding IRST and in-flight refuelling probe. Is this on the cards or are the tests currently going on?

View attachment 806467

This is a shot that I got from google search and it didn't seem like there was a retractable slot for the refuelling probe.
refueling probe won't be retractable. it will be removable, will be installed as needed based on mission profile. IRST will not be built in to the aircraft but, rather, will be a chin mounted removable IRST pod. PAF, believe it or not, has experience with IRST pods from back in the early 90s so we know what we are doing:

View attachment 806467

this is not a refueling probe point, in fact, some kind of sensor....
it is the yellow box where the probe is supposed to be attach....
[note : in image JF-17B just for reference]
View attachment 806464
Idk why people are over thinking too much... IFR, Engine....
just look at the capabilities B3 is offering .....
AESA radar
All axis FBW
PL-15,PL-10E
dual racks (means having reinforced wings)
Latest generation sensors (RWR & MAWS)
a dedicated pod mount ( EW or IRST system depends on a mission)
Wide-angle HUD
HMD

Now it's a decent lightweight fighter
It IS decent fighter. But look the red box closely, those are just LED lights.

View attachment 806464
AESA radar
All axis FBW
PL-15,PL-10E
Wide-angle HUD
HMD

Engine has implication for range, reliabity and safety

Why the radar nose cone not canted for AESA radar as is the case with most AESA equipped fighter for example like J-10B/C ??
Isn't that Hud (green thing) is blocking the view?
That green thingy shows some sort of augmented reality vision through itself to the pilot. Even if a dumb person looks through that "green thing" plane's computer would tell what he is actually looking at :omghaha:

Last edited:

View attachment 806467

Well our factories are capable of plumbing an IFR probe onto the fuselage :cheesy: so I am not worried about missing IFR.
Isn't that Hud (green thing) is blocking the view?
That green thingy shows some sort of augmented reality vision through itself to the pilot. Even if a dumb person looks through that "green thing" plane's computer would tell what he is actually looking at :omghaha:

Last edited:
View attachment 806464
AESA radar
All axis FBW
PL-15,PL-10E
Wide-angle HUD
HMD

The "sensor" just looks like to be an LED light straight out from a ceiling panel.

And how would you install a refueling probe just beside the cockpit hatch hinges? :crazy:

The "sensor" just looks like to be an LED light straight out from a ceiling panel.
That LED sort of a thing has the potential to spot an incoming missile, based on its plume / heat signature, compare it with the onboard threat library, tell the pilot that exactly what type of missile (name) is incoming, takes control of the aircraft to start with dispensing chaffs and flares along with evasive maneuvering .....all simultaneously.
1641534038134.png

An example on an F-16.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom