What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

That's vandetta man 🤔
You dug out a two year old post just to prove me wrong and get satisfaction out of it.
Very moderator like behavior. 😂

Yes. And Huitong agrees with me.

The latest report (August 2021) suggested that an indigenous WS-13X engine has been tested successfully onboard a JF-17 Block III prototype, making it more competitive on the international market.

I replied to the post above, which quoted your two years old claim that you still ignored to explain … and if you would read properly; Huitong does not agree with you.

So a WS-13 that eventually was tested just a few weeks ago was already recognised by you two years ago?? You must indeed have miraculous analytical capabilities, but what-else should be expected from one who sees fuel in the cockpit walls? :azn:

But it seems you like to make bold statements out of the blue, like to ignore arguments and then instead prefer to rant. Well done for an alleged consultant!,

Last edited:
huh, no wait what? twisted? where?
The red highlights, you can see under the wings. The blue section, you cannot. The wings twist.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg
Screenshot_20210828-020129_Gallery.jpg

They have to be twisted.
Rather we shouldn't even call them twisted.

The AoA at the tip is less than AoA at the root.
Some times it may even be negative.

As Tempest has pointed out, the twist is for the washout.
High pressure air, wants to fill in the low pressure area and thus sneaks past.

@Tempest II the interesting fact is to study Prandtl, who uses the same phenomenon for a rudderless design.

My first time to notice the wings are twisted

View attachment 773619
aaaaah...good eye! what does it mean?

The red highlights, you can see under the wings. The blue section, you cannot. The wings twist.View attachment 773666View attachment 773667View attachment 773659
There are pair of LE flaps, one adjacent to wing root and the other to wing tip along with flaps and ailerons.

Having FBW, these LE flaps are being adjusted automatically depending on the aircraft attitude. Though we were not informed in detail, but there must be some sort of pressure sensors embedded on the control surfaces to assist FCS for optimal adjustment to attain best in-flight performance.

Last edited:
They have to be twisted.
Rather we shouldn't even call them twisted.

The AoA at the tip is less than AoA at the root.
Some times it may even be negative.

As Tempest has pointed out, the twist is for the washout.
High pressure air, wants to fill in the low pressure area and thus sneaks past.

@Tempest II the interesting fact is to study Prandtl, who uses the same phenomenon for a rudderless design.

The technical term is wing camber

I don't think any designer in their right mind would store fuel near the main controls of the vessel or the driver to eliminate the remotest chance of it ever doing what it is known to do, burst in flames thus jeopardizing the safety of the vessel as well as the driver

I replied to the post above, which quoted your two years old claim that you still ignored to explain … and if you would read properly; Huitong does not agree with you.

So a WS-13 that eventually was tested just a few weeks ago was already recognised by you two years ago?? You must indeed have miraculous analytical capabilities, but what-else should be expected from one who sees fuel in the cockpit walls? :azn:

But it seems you like to make bold statements out of the blue, like to ignore arguments and then instead prefer to rant. Well done for an alleged consultant!,

That's vandetta man 🤔
You dug out a two year old post just to prove me wrong and get satisfaction out of it.
Very moderator like behavior. 😂

Yes. And Huitong agrees with me.

The latest report (August 2021) suggested that an indigenous WS-13X engine has been tested successfully onboard a JF-17 Block III prototype, making it more competitive on the international market.

Any indication what the specs of the WS-13X engine are and how it compares in performance to the RD-93 and RD-93MA engines?

always good to have an alternative engine, just in case relations with the Russians deteriorate.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom