What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The only title itself I give extra credit to is "military professional." Unfortunately, most of these people aren't active on the forum anymore either because they got sick of all the shitposting or because of security reasons. The rest of the users earn their credibility based off their posting history, which is a prerequisite for most other titles anyway.

In fact, even military professionals will intentionally mislead the public to maintain secrecy. The only credible evidence for anything so far is clear observations and comparisons of images of the Block-III.

Thank you so much since it is exactly what I see since the first clear image ob a B3 appeared: There is major difference - no wider span, not a change in aspect ratio, no taller tail, no larger intake, no longer/wider/different fuselage, no taller landing gear with greater ground clearance ... nothing, they are almost the same at least by my eyesight and understanding.

Again, I'm open for any correction and will check any hint and evidence presented which corrects this, but for now, there is nothing and simple claims without proof are worthless especially when facing this work.

Well done. :tup:
The Block-3 pic that's been posted, how do we know it's a pic of Block-3?

How do we know it's not a Block-2 replacement for one of the 4 Thunders that have crashed to date?
Because block 2 doesn’t have the new MAWS, the new HUD, the Longer wing-tip rails, the new hardpoint, the inlet on the base of the tail etc etc, theres many ways to tell apart a block 2 and a block 3.

That's true. Furthermore, I witnessed once a demonstration of locally made processor by some Students and in short, it performed more than expected and was of military grade. I am talking about more than couple of years back then.
RISC-V?

Moving forward..
Entire software code for block 3 is written by PAF engineers. Sensor fusion is enabled. Avionics comply with Mil 1773 optic databus.

Claiming first dibs:

No insider knowledge here, just parsing available information to make an informed guess.

So, you think one fine day the engineers in PAC will produce a 5th gen, LO, super-cruising plane armed with an LPI AESA radar and F-35 like VR helmet? Good luck with that. PAC has never developed a plane by itself. You always start small and NG is the right amount of complexity for them to tackle. This is the correct path towards Azm. I would go as far as saying this IS Azm. The rest are just fantasies and mental slavery of fanboys who simply cannot see how this can get done.

Project AZM will be J35 pak spec plane so no Pakistan will not be making the plane from scratch and its parts. We don't have billions of dollars, the technology to make a 5th generation plane ie engine, Aesa radar etc. We will however try to go one step more than the Jf17.

Project AZM will be J35 pak spec plane so no Pakistan will not be making the plane from scratch and its parts. We don't have billions of dollars, the technology to make a 5th generation plane ie engine, Aesa radar etc. We will however try to go one step more than the Jf17.
There is a lot 'will be', 'will not' and 'we will' in what you wrote. What a pity there is no will in you and many of our compatriots.
Disclaimer: This is just my "feeling" for what happens.
We as a nation consistently expect miracles in every domain. Considering the amount of manpower and money invested into Azm (very small) I would be very very very shocked if PAC can produce anything that flies, let alone a J35 spec plane. It's not that we are incapable. It's that there needs to be "across the board" buy-in for something like Azm because it is certainly much much more complicated than a nuclear bomb (for which we did need across the board buy-in). So what I mean is that it can't be a couple of hundred guys doing some CFD and expect to have a FGFA flying in 7 years. But this is a the JF-17 Block 3 thread so I am digressing.

Again my "gut feel" is that the JF-17 block 3 order hasn't been capped to make money for Azm, but for off-the-shelf buys. I don't see any massive injections into Azm. We would know that through massive hiring if that actually happened.

Back
Top Bottom