What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

You are right. Re-read what I wrote:

“MTOW is also a function of engine power along with other things.”

What I meant was. All things being equal (same aerodynamics) when you will up-thrust the same airframe, it will help increase the MTOW.

What you are saying is correct for different airframes. It’s touched upon in below video (@8:50m):

20% larger to what, JF17 or mk1/1A?

Mark1a

We know nothing about your JF17 dimensions between block 2 & 3

Some say it's there.

All
I know per paf books the three mfd in Jf17 were joint pac and Singapore technologies product for Jf17 to replace original Chinese version built at pac from aircraft number xx onwards

Let see based on first prototype cockpit limited view it gave the impression of single large display but time will tell. May be it’s another pac / st joint designed product and not Chinese ??

Mark 1 versis mark 2 dimensions .......... There is a lot more blue in mark 2

View attachment 745323

From what i now YOUR BLOCK 3 & 2 are the same aiframe 99%
Tejas Mark 2 is 20% larger .............Different plane bigger GE414 engine too
Yes, but you're forgetting one tiny detail....unlike the Block 3, the Mark 2 DOESN'T EXIST.

Mark 1 versis mark 2 dimensions .......... There is a lot more blue in mark 2

View attachment 745323

From what i now YOUR BLOCK 3 & 2 are the same aiframe 99%
Tejas Mark 2 is 20% larger .............Different plane bigger GE414 engine too

After this big blue, it will not be called light weight but medium weight fighter and its mean a complete new plane and also mean LCA is failed and replaced with MCA

Compare mk2 and Block 1/2 dimensions...
After this big blue, it will not be called light weight but medium weight fighter and its mean a complete new plane and also mean LCA is failed and replaced with MCA

no completely wrong sir
120 tejas,light weight replacing 120 mig21 bison. perfect fit and replacement from. vintage cold war all.alloy metal.cable basic fighter to a full quaruplex the aesa equppied mid 4th generation fighter with bvr and hmd
brilliant and home grown.

the mark 2 is,bigger better but it's replacing the mig29 and mirage2000 approx 120 fighters. post 2028 onwards ... again perfect bigger ge414 engine aesa radar new cockpit from.amca programme massive single hud but bigger better tejas .. again even.the time line fits we wish to start phasing out mirage2000 and mig29 by 2029 to 2030 onwards mark 2 rolls out 2028

no completely wrong sir
120 tejas,light weight replacing 120 mig21 bison. perfect fit and replacement from. vintage cold war all.alloy metal.cable basic fighter to a full quaruplex the aesa equppied mid 4th generation fighter with bvr and hmd
brilliant and home grown.

the mark 2 is,bigger better but it's replacing the mig29 and mirage2000 approx 120 fighters. post 2028 onwards ... again perfect bigger ge414 engine aesa radar new cockpit from.amca programme massive single hud but bigger better tejas .. again even.the time line fits we wish to start phasing out mirage2000 and mig29 by 2029 to 2030 onwards mark 2 rolls out 2028
It’s still similar dimensions as JF17. Same class.

Back
Top Bottom