What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

93MA was supposed to clear final testing in 2022-23 time frame?. I doubt it’s been cleared to be used on the aircraft yet.

My comment was related towards @Dazzler's post above mentioning that the PL-15 will be carried on wingtip stations too.

Can someone circle or point out the hardpoint? I've got eye strain and can't see it.

Can someone circle or point out the hardpoint? I've got eye strain and can't see it.

It's not visible on this side ... only on the other one!

pylon.JPG

93MA was supposed to clear final testing in 2022-23 time frame?. I doubt it’s been cleared to be used on the aircraft yet.
IMHO the JF-17 won't get RD-93MA unless the PAF is actually planning on a Block-IV, V, etc. Personally, I like that idea more than another off-the-shelf fighter.

IMHO the JF-17 won't get RD-93MA unless the PAF is actually planning on a Block-IV, V, etc. Personally, I like that idea more than another off-the-shelf fighter.
I do concur, Blk4 consideration must be every present. If they stop at Blk3, it goes back to your earlier points. A complete roadmap for further development needs to be had. It is also very possible earlier blocks I/2 can be sold off with Blk3 and 4 onwards being used only locally. Block 3 would be considered in my opinion as the steady state version.

Blk 4 - Engine and structural upgrades with new materials, Blk3 - lot of learnings to be had with triple axis fwb. Possible further weapons integration with non-chinese systems.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom