What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The hp under intake is pretty much like j-10 4 attachment plus extra a lot of pod electronic attachment covered in the pic

I think even on the other side was possible but may be needed extra $ to add

Ni, cannon is on the port intake hardpoint, no space.

Did anyone notice, the prototype spotted carrying the PL-10E AAM is not the first we've seen in December 2019?

So no. 3000 was the first prototype and this one no. 3001 is the second? 🤔

JF-17 Block 3 - 3000 + 3001.jpg

Prove it.

I would reverse the burden of proof. Why should I prove that NO live is on Mars if anyone claims there is life on Mars?

As such, IMO and by others the intake is the same and so if anyone thinks it is wider it is his duty to prove, not to the contrary.
Are you serious? News about HMD/S, PL-10, AESA Radar, potential RD-93MA has been available for quite some time, but if you're too lazy to search...

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...hina-helping-pakistan-build-fight-india-72751

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...oduction_of_JF_17_Block_III_Jets#.YIgTDrVKiHs

Pardon ... these NEWS are just reports but not proof! And even more NationalInterest is one of the least reliable papers ... a few weeks ago they claimed, the next J-20 variant will again use a Russian engine since the CHinese WS-15 is not ready and the WS-10C has "issues"! So in fact if NI writes it, it must be taken with a lot of salt.

I would reverse the burden of proof. Why should I prove that NO live is on Mars if anyone claims there is life on Mars?

As such, IMO and by others the intake is the same and so if anyone thinks it is wider it is his duty to prove, not to the contrary.

Pardon ... these NEWS are just reports but not proof! And even more NationalInterest is one of the least reliable papers ... a few weeks ago they claimed, the next J-20 variant will again use a Russian engine since the CHinese WS-15 is not ready and the WS-10C has "issues"! So in fact if NI writes it, it must be taken with a lot of salt.

Fair enough Deino, I can't comment on the credibility of NI, but there's been multiple news sources over the years which reported the likely features on the Block III, as well as hints from the PAF themselves. Proof? No of course not, there's no proof until we see the actual thing.

About the real quality of JF-17 : a french news spoke about a possible J-10C purchase from pakistan air force.

"Pakistan interested in the J-10C?
Faced with the gradual arrival of the 36 Indian Rafales, the Pakistani staff would be increasingly quick to re-equip their air force. Indeed, as part of a fight against the Rafale, it could only align its new JF-17C and its F-16 Block 50/52 modernized by the Turks of TAI at the dawn of the 2010s, enough make the PAF doubt about a possible victory. The hypothesis of a purchase of Chinese J-10C fighters is therefore resurfacing, more than 15 years after the first statements to the press on the subject."

It's no a special critic about JF17. JF17 is simply not in the same weight class than J10 or Rafale.
mon ami - the article is minimal. it appears to be a replic
Fair enough Deino, I can't comment on the credibility of NI, but there's been multiple news sources over the years which reported the likely features on the Block III, as well as hints from the PAF themselves. Proof? No of course not, there's no proof until we see the actual thing.
I concur with Deino - there are a lot of claims but note, each component is itself a huge integration which involves an entire regression test from every aspect of design, performance. Unless Kaizen principles are adhered to you will have major integration birdies as we say starting to show up which can ground the fleet.

So, it is normal and well within parameters to ensure correct testing protocols are followed. Each change is significant enough, but when you combine all, it can cause more issues.

Thats amazing. Any updates or guesses on the power plant?

Flying with MA. Standard engine for all blk 3s. Visually the same as 93.
So instead of 80kg pl-5 now carrying 105 kg pl-10 on the tip

I wish they can also carry bvr type like f-16 on the tip

It will carry pl-15 on wingtip as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom