What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Blk 3 will feature 3 array version of klj-7. Production delayed due to covid-19 and testing of rd-93MA. Air cooled version of klj-7A was dropped. This radar can utilize the MAX engagement range of pl-15 (240 km). We secured early shipments of pl-15 and pl-10 last year.

View attachment 702141
So the RD-93MA is confirmed for Blk3?

To me honest, if Pak was not looking for J10 c or J11 then I might be agreed with the title.

1st, we can't not compare with both aircrafts because one is heavy jet and other is lightweight. Purpose of both aircrafts is just different.

Best comparison of JF 17 block 3 will be with HAL Tejas Mk1a once both will be inducted. Still both are in under production/trial. However, Jf 17 block will induct in 2021 and HAL Tejas Mk1a in 2023.

Su 30 mki VS J11 - would be better
Rafale VS J10C VS F16 block 60 VS Mirage 2000Is - would be better
HAl Tejas MK1a VS Jf 17 block 3 - would be better
We are not saying that its better than Rafael it can easily go head to head with Rafael because of AESA radar and PL 15 and net centric capabilities even in close combat HMD and PL10E is a deadly combination.... force multipliers and tactics will decide the winners

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Wednesday formally announced serial production of the most advanced variant of JF-17 Thunder Block III – a 4.5-generation aircraft with far more advanced technology than IAF’s Rafael jets.

I think, they wanted to say world best by beating F22\ F35 but mistakenly mentioned Rafale.
The JF-17 Block III is probably more advanced in the JF-17 family. But honestly, this comparison with Rafale is quite the jokes. Rafale is another class of its own, it is called an omnirole fighter for a reason.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Wednesday formally announced serial production of the most advanced variant of JF-17 Thunder Block III – a 4.5-generation aircraft with far more advanced technology than IAF’s Rafael jets.

I think, they wanted to say world best by beating F22\ F35 but mistakenly mentioned Rafale.

Ever heard the phrase, "Pound for pound, the best fighter", that JF 17 III, "dollar for dollar" the best fighter for your money.

Best comparison of JF 17 block 3 will be with HAL Tejas Mk1a once both will be inducted. Still both are in under production/trial. However, Jf 17 block will induct in 2021 and HAL Tejas Mk1a in 2023.

HAl Tejas MK1a VS Jf 17 block 3 - would be better
I'm sorry, but did you just compare Mk1a with the Block III :what: ?

Are you still high after last nite?

Look, the Tejas (as whole) just got in the game - late. You guys haven't even completed a full cycle year of getting inducted. You wanna start comparing, start with the Block I, 'cause the Block III is way out of your league.

By the way, you're targeting 2023 for the Mk1a, right? Does HAL know that? I mean i'm just asking 'cause they've got a spectacular track record on delivering :pleasantry:On Time:pleasantry: .

Whoever wrote the article didn't have much knowledge of aircrafts. Couldn't even spell Rafale correctly.

we can't not compare with both aircrafts because one is heavy jet and other is lightweight.
RAFALE is MEDIUM WEIGHT fighter not HEAVY sir
what it means? please explain a bit
Mean one main array and two side array
images.jpg

What would be unit cost?
35-40 million $$$

This title goes to Asia's raptor only aka SU-30MKI.
We are contended with what it is and able to match present as well as emerging threats.
Are u talking about famous SU-30mki aka Mini AWACs which according to indians were dancing on AMRAAMs when PAF were pounding their military installations??? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm curious and a bit confused...

If the Serial Production of the Block III has commenced..., it would indicate that atleast 2 or 3 Test-bed Demo Block III's must've been extensively busy in 2020.

We all saw pictures of the event in China in late 2019. So where the hell were these Test Flights taking place that not a single image got leaked (including Satellite imagery)?

And if Block III is going into Production, it'll indicate that the Engine and AESA conversation will soon be put to rest, 'cause frankly speaking - I was getting bored of the same discussion being argued on a repeat track.

Back
Top Bottom