What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Just like you wouldn't generally trust a sensational piece about PAF from an Indian journalist or vice versa, you should take anything coming from a Greek journalist about the Turkish Air Fore with a pinch of salt.

That is an oddly specific question.

Do you have anything to share with us before you buy the PAF pilots to Turkey claim that suggests this is worth a look and not lame yellow journalism.

Any thinking person wouldn't worry about the frequency of someone's claims being pessimistic but look at merits of those claims.

I almost cried with emotion and almost jumped up from my seat to chant patriotic slogans in an empty room here. The word impossible is never heard in Pakistan but let me give you a few 'almost impossibles'.

- It is almost impossible to keep an argument within realms of common sense, logic and rationale in Pakistan without someone bringing in nationalistic and religious sentiment card!
- It is impossible to bring in economic realities of Pakistan when discussing defense as it seems too pessimistic, anti-national or just boring.
- It is impossible to go 3 posts in this thread before someone diverts off the JF17 block 3 topic.

and lastly, let me break it to you. We have lost in the past, and we may lose in the future if we do not learn lessons and keep dragging our mistakes under the carpet.

There are naïve people everywhere, we're no different here.

View attachment 687938
Wow. You have time on your hands

what are you trying to say? poor man rich man?
Poor man's Air Force means an Air Force of countries such as Pakistan whose GDP is barely $270 b and avg external debt of $61360.62 m since 2002.

Rich man's Air Force means an Air Force of countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Iran, KSA, Qatar, Turkey and Azerbaijan.

It has been almost one year since block 3 first flight after that no news are they hidding it or its delay ?
is Pakistan involve in development or avionics or radars that will lead to Fifth gen program?
has RD-93MA delivered to China or not?
what is the role of Weapon intregation factory of PAF in the development of block 3?

thanks for your post. I just want to point out that I responded to a suggestion that JF-17 block 3 to be banned from export due to its technology edge. whereas I argued that there is nothing cutting edge which other jets I listed dont have other than its lower cost.
I support your notion, there is nothing cutting edge about Blk3 - if there is any specific hardware which is a game changer can always be downgraded or removed specific to a customer's need.

I support your notion, there is nothing cutting edge about Blk3 - if there is any specific hardware which is a game changer can always be downgraded or removed specific to a customer's need.

yeh, China literally exports a superior product in the form of the J-10CE, of which the JF-17 uses avionics derived from it

The first flight of the modernized fighter JF-17 Block 3
80862925_1308543356016420_6631866161464082432_o.jpg

On December 15, 2019, at the flight test station of the Chengdu Aircraft Industries Company in Chengdu, China, the first prototype of the modernized version of the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Block 3 light fighter (serial number of the first prototype 3000) took off for the first time and began flight tests.
The JF-17 Block 3 fighter has received a number of improvements, including the KLJ-7A airborne radar with AFAR and a wide-angle holographic display (HUD). The aircraft will carry an expanded range of guided weapons (also Chinese).
hud.jpg

Poor man's Air Force means an Air Force of countries such as Pakistan whose GDP is barely $270 b and avg external debt of $61360.62 m since 2002.

Rich man's Air Force means an Air Force of countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Iran, KSA, Qatar, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
cool

The first flight of the modernized fighter JF-17 Block 3
80862925_1308543356016420_6631866161464082432_o.jpg

On December 15, 2019, at the flight test station of the Chengdu Aircraft Industries Company in Chengdu, China, the first prototype of the modernized version of the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Block 3 light fighter (serial number of the first prototype 3000) took off for the first time and began flight tests.
The JF-17 Block 3 fighter has received a number of improvements, including the KLJ-7A airborne radar with AFAR and a wide-angle holographic display (HUD). The aircraft will carry an expanded range of guided weapons (also Chinese).
View attachment 689977

That cockpit is the J10CE, and not JF17 Block III..

thats an exception.
very good point

Perhaps different versions of the seekers on the missiles and different versions of the radars can be sold so that the specific waveforms and datalinks used by PAF JF-17s are not shared with export partners. This way the PL-15 could be exported but the full extent of the PAF’s capability will only be known to the PAF and the weapons manufacturers. If the PL-15 is not exported along with the JF-17 it may be a significant competitive disadvantage when other nations like Sweden are selling the Gripen with the Meteor.

The airframe has already been exported to Myanmar, so the flight envelope may already be fully known by any potential adversary that had good relations with the Burmese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom