What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Most likely misread an improved production process (e.g pulsed production line) into "ramp up"

As per Sami Ibrahim ex ARY journalist revealed in his V log that first batch of Blk3 will be handed over to PAF in August 20. As per his V lod
-2500 km rg
- double the speed of sound
- improved radar and avionics

As per Sami Ibrahim ex ARY journalist revealed in his V log that first batch of Blk3 will be handed over to PAF in August 20. As per his V lod
-2500 km rg
- double the speed of sound
- improved radar and avionics
I think these figures are incorrect. Speed is not going to be Mach 2 when PAC have decided to produce a fighter with DSI. Improved Radar and avionics is a given in every block.
A

I think these figures are incorrect. Speed is not going to be Mach 2 when PAC have decided to produce a fighter with DSI. Improved Radar and avionics is a given in every block.
A

DSIs bleed speed ?

So Chinese are producing for 3rd party export and why are they increasing pace of production as per above news?

Blk 3 has attracted many possible customers due to its intriguing specs and cost.

So Chinese are producing for 3rd party export and why are they increasing pace of production as per above news?
They have no choice. F7's which was their primary export low cost fighter is no longer on the cards; this is the only one they can force clients now to take up. It may be a watered down version for exports.

They have no choice. F7's which was their primary export low cost fighter is no longer on the cards; this is the only one they can force clients now to take up. It may be a watered down version for exports.
CAC is busy producing J-10C, J-20, and others.
The so-called "China ramps up production and export of JF-17 fighters" is just due to the influence from Coronavirus.

Then we should be more vigilant as it is required by the rapid strategically changing situation.Just imagine, the news for an engine change coming after India announced the delivery of Rafael on 27th July this year.Now everybody knows that these jets are meant to be used against Pakistan.If India tries any adventure, i don't think we have a counter for it.

All this, is based upon an assumptions that the engine change is planned for BLK 03.Maybe its planned for BLK 04.
Fingers crossed.
I can not imagine a 'rapid strategically changing situation', so I dunno what you really mean.

I would not be too worried since Indians are equally (if not more) victimized by bad strategic decisions taken years & years ago. I think balance of strategic incompetence favors Pakistan more :D

Last edited:
Hi how long for PAF. To get trained with AESA and if there is a PL15 supplied to PAF
As at the moment PAF is not operating any AESA fighter looks like they also need to go
By the book of getting trained to operate long range amraam plus AESA fighters
So even if they get BLK3 by end of this year at least a year or so
If possible to answer by someone with sufficient knowledge
Thank you

That is why PLAAF sent J-10C and J-16 to train with PAF.
Hi thanks for your reply but who were the pilots in those jets Pakistani or Chinese coz my Q was how come & will PAF take to train with BLK3 AESA jets for how long
If possible to answer
Thank you

Hi how long for PAF. To get trained with AESA and if there is a PL15 supplied to PAF
As at the moment PAF is not operating any AESA fighter looks like they also need to go
By the book of getting trained to operate long range amraam plus AESA fighters
So even if they get BLK3 by end of this year at least a year or so
If possible to answer by someone with sufficient knowledge
Thank you

i think i read on this forum that on 27th Feb there was one special JF-17 flying with AESA, will have to dig in through the info, but i wouldn't be surprised that we already have a unit or two flying around clocking experience with AESA

Back
Top Bottom