What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I didn't mean it's delayed.
I meant it probably planned it in slower pace(relatively, compare to previous blocks) on purpose because they want to put some resources on project AZM.
What is the possibility in your opinion?
I think they need the fighter for replacement of the legacy fleet. I am uncertain as to why they have got only 12 planes per year planned but it may have to do with more complexity of the process or residual capacity for foreign orders. Once settled they will increase production to cater for local need as well as foreign demand. Remember if the money is there they can ramp up production to 25 platforms a year.
I think the sort of work going on for Azm will have its own input and staff so that JFT project is not hampered. Once research starts there will be more people coming in so you will have man power for the project.
A

Yes...but where are the hard points...
After 2 fuel hard points and 2 bvr & 2wvr and 1 standard self protection pod?

Either it has to free the fuel points via CFTs or add more hard points. Dual racks might work but 2 bvrs are still pretty low number seeing most fighters will carry 6+
The ECM and EW gear is integrated into the pylons from which fuel tanks and weapons are hanging at the same time.

The ECM and EW gear is integrated into the pylons from which fuel tanks and weapons are hanging at the same time.
correct, but that would require additional testing..
we havent seen pylon based ECM or EW in jf17 yet just pods that take over a hardpoint..
we havent seen a pylon based decoy either..
while i doubt a pylon based iRST can built

we havent seen pylon based ECM or EW in jf17 yet just pods that take over a hardpoint..
Yes we have not ... my idea is to put money into R&D and get something for block 3/4 upgrades etc down the line. Every single thing attached to the aircraft or even added internally needs testing and validation. That is not different or new. However, stores testing is much easier than changing the aircraft itself and hoping it works.

Sorry I completely have opposite view. If this was the case, you are trying to put a pharonic kind of rule on society. It is a complete failure not a sign of pride that you have too look at these dodo brains for glorification.

Politicians are corrupt because people put them there. Improve the education, literacy and economic well being and you will see better people come to leadership; the issue you see is a sign of general malaise. That can take generations to resolve.
This is not a matter of view. Its recorded history, You and me cannot change it although we both want to do it.

Do you think the JF-17 should use the drag chute “station” as a place to add a towed decoy?

upload_2020-7-4_21-46-3.jpeg

btw the decoys underdevelopment for the F-35 are dual band (X and S Bands) decoy we select should have this in mind to protect against enemy aircraft (x band) and enemy air defense radars (s band).

If a towed decoy is used in conjunction with expendable decoys like the britecloud from Leonardo, it will allow the PAF to use similar tactics employed by the F-18E/F for dealing with the S-400 and Enemy fighters, along side use of the Growlers.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/u...0v-electronic-warfare-ew-towed-decoys-for-f35

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/r...71/electronic-warfare-ew-towed-decoy-dualband

Last edited:
The pilot could carry the decoy. And release if from the window if he needs to. For this we would only needd to make a small window in canopy.
:lol::lol::lol:
Do you think the JF-17 should use the drag chute “station” as a place to add a towed decoy?

View attachment 648214

btw the decoys underdevelopment for the F-35 are dual band (X and S Bands) decoy we select should have this in mind to protect against enemy aircraft (x band) and enemy air defense radars (s band).

If a towed decoy is used in conjunction with expendable decoys like the britecloud from Leonardo, it will allow the PAF to use similar tactics employed by the F-18E/F for dealing with the S-400 and Enemy fighters, along side use of the Growlers.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/u...0v-electronic-warfare-ew-towed-decoys-for-f35

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/r...71/electronic-warfare-ew-towed-decoy-dualband

Back
Top Bottom