What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Any update on second flight of jf17 blk 3? It was expected to happen in May2020 then don't know what happened. No news. May be due to Covid19 it didn't happened or may be flight happened secretly.

Sorry, i have heard something. i cant say its true and that is what i heard.

"block 3 project is temporarily on hold due certain issues with flight systems and engine, PAF had chosen a Radar that is not properly developed yet. air cooled version of KLJ-7A that has been delayed as well"

Honestly, i do not know is this correct...but i raises the question of absolute no news of Working prototype of Block 3. its been quite a while..something is wrong? may be above is true..

if not why the iron curtain? Indian already has Rafale and is already on spending spree and since yesterday they have been able successfully negotiate disengagement with PLA.

Why there is no News? its a legitimate question its not a super secret 5th Gen fighter...its a JF17 Thunder with upgrades under the skin.

"block 3 project is temporarily on hold due certain issues with flight systems and engine, PAF had chosen a Radar that is not properly developed yet. air cooled version of KLJ-7A that has been delayed as well"

Honestly, i do not know is this correct...but i raises the question of absolute no news of Working prototype of Block 3. its been quite a while..something is wrong? may be above is true..

if not why the iron curtain? Indian already has Rafale and is already on spending spree and since yesterday they have been able successfully negotiate disengagement with PLA.

Why there is no News? its a legitimate question its not a super secret 5th Gen fighter...its a JF17 Thunder with upgrades under the skin.
Regarding all news - remember the source and what position they are in.
If you spoke to someone who has no relationship to the program their news may be 4 months old - versus if you whatsapp the former CPD of JF-17 regularly it may be a month old.

The best way is to dig further if you want accuracy or compare different sourced and go with the majority opinion(which may be wrong).

Regarding all news - remember the source and what position they are in.
If you spoke to someone who has no relationship to the program their news may be 4 months old - versus if you whatsapp the former CPD of JF-17 regularly it may be a month old.

The best way is to dig further if you want accuracy or compare different sourced and go with the majority opinion(which may be wrong).

honestly, your reply actually reinforces what i heard and shared.

all of above cannot be true at same time...

there are issues with flight systems engines and radar? all of them.????..

may be landing gear is also not working than.....

although newer systems can have problems, which would be related to radar only..... engine is same old rd 93 with some upgrades...

by the way thats why test flights are carried out to resolve the problems... project is not on hold ... it would be fair to say that problems are being resolved, which it self mean forward progression, on hold means ...nothing is being done for now

all of above cannot be true at same time...

there are issues with flight systems engines and radar? all of them.????..

may be landing gear is also not working than.....

I did not believe it but he said Block 3 prototype has not flown after the 1st flight. which i rubbished...but then if she was flying then Chengdu has large air enthusiast community...since 1st flight Block 3 would have been photographed...yet we not have a single picture..on net..

Mind you ...points and observations are valid..

I did not believe it but he said Block 3 prototype has not flown after the 1st flight. which i rubbished...but then if she was flying then Chengdu has large air enthusiast community...since 1st flight Block 3 would have been photographed...yet we not have a single picture..on net..

Mind you ...points and observations are valid..

How many times j 20 got photogrhed in test flights?

Have we seen j 31 test flight photos?

The leaks we see are intentional

How many times j 20 got photographed in test flights?

Have we seen j 31 test flight photos?

The leaks we see are intentional

my dear, ask @Deino he can explain the phenomenon of leak pictures and chengdu air enthusiast he can better provide the answer.

but my friend we are talking about JF17 Block 3 you will find block 1 and block 2 and block 2T pictures as they fly regularly - Block 3 nope/nada/zero ...pictures..that has to greatest black project...until unless block 3 actually have not flown since 1st flight. that means something is seriously hampering the project.

my dear, ask @Deino he can explain the phenomenon of leak pictures and chengdu air enthusiast he can better provide the answer.

but my friend we are talking about JF17 Block 3 you will find block 1 and block 2 and block 2T pictures as they fly regularly - Block 3 nope/nada/zero ...pictures..that has to greatest black project...until unless block 3 actually have not flown since 1st flight. that means something is seriously hampering the project.

I didn't see any block b test flight pics and also I have not seen j 31 V2 flight pics. It's also made by CAC and its also in test flights as we speak.. I don't remember seeing any block 1 test flight pics.. It suddenly appeared one day on 23rd March in 2007...

I have not seen any block 2 test flight pics as well as far as I remember...

But I may be wrong... Or may not have looked hard enough... Please share any that you have seen or have

Every new development would develop snags and every project timeline has provision to deal with such issues. As long as the final delivery meets its scheduled timeline, there is no delay.

I doubt JF-17 block III can have that many snags.
Its an incremental upgrade of an existing and in use system with nothing too new or too radical.
Its not F-35 where everything was new and untested.

Yes we have not ... my idea is to put money into R&D and get something for block 3/4 upgrades etc down the line. Every single thing attached to the aircraft or even added internally needs testing and validation. That is not different or new. However, stores testing is much easier than changing the aircraft itself and hoping it works.

We should consider options for Pylon based EW from Leonardo, considering their experience working on EW equipment for the Eurofighter.

https://www.terma.com/media/105019/4868_pbl_pylon_screen.pdf
https://www.terma.com/press/news-20...6-electronic-combat-integrated-pylons-system/
https://www.leonardocompany.com/en/air/airborne-systems/airborne-ew

Considering budget constraints, the PAF may have to pick and choose certain systems per airplane and fly formations with the right mix of sub-systems needed to do the mission, keeping in mind the dynamic work of EW.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/breaki.../electronic-warfare-youre-doing-it-wrong/amp/

Don't take anything too seriously unless it is confirmed officially. If I get an 'inside' news, I do not divulge it unless it is confirmed. That is why I do not 'break' any news. Often one find rumors being fed intentionally. The leaks serve a purpose. Does anyone remember JF-17 pilot's interview on HushKit? IMV it was an intentional leak.

So, if you have 'news', sit tight. It may or may not be true.

Don't take anything too seriously unless it is confirmed officially. If I get an 'inside' news, I do not divulge it unless it is confirmed. That is why I do not 'break' any news. Often one find rumors being fed intentionally. The leaks serve a purpose. Does anyone remember JF-17 pilot's interview on HushKit? IMV it was an intentional leak.

So, if you have 'news', sit tight. It may or may not be true.

I think there is some truth to that. I wouldn't be surprised if the armed forces intentionally "leak" info to certain individuals knowing they will divulge the news, to create a certain outcome. The big mouths and big egos on forums are then more than happy to show they have "insider details". Take for example the J-15, only in an alternate universe would the PAF perhaps operate the J-15, but all of sudden this becomes a done deal...and coinciding with the flare-up between China and India...coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if the Viper speculation turns out to be a similar outcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom