What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Yup Elta 2052 has been purchased with ToT. Same will used on Tejas MK1A untill Uttam matures. Uttam is already being testes on LSPs
HAL will manufacture GaAs T/R modules.
Does HAL possess the capability to manufacture Gallium Arsenide modules ?

Even Though GaN is very praised and want to have tech for radars, GaA make lesser noise and are better for 5th Generation Fighters.

Does HAL possess the capability to manufacture Gallium Arsenide modules ?

Even Though GaN is very praised and want to have tech for radars, GaA make lesser noise and are better for 5th Generation Fighters.

Keep it to the blk 3, take your uttam fantasies to the relevant thread.

Not HAL but DRDO. Uttam AESA will already being tested on LSPs. It has GaAs modules now with GaN usage in future.
But HAL will manufacture GaAs TRs for 2052 Elta

@StormBreaker , quoted you by mistake.

That project ended in failure. 6 two sitters were to be converted and it turned out that the engine that was supposed to be upgraded and support the Elta el/m 2052 AESA radar was coming at too high a price ... hence the project was cancelled. Elta El/M 2052 is an excellent AESA radar.

From what you are saying ... if I could understand correctly ... is that you presented a scenario where AESA/LPI gets defeated and is jammed. That may happen I guess. From what I understand LPI means difficult to jam but may not be impossible to jam.

Low probability of intercept is indeed difficult to locate and jam.

Some sources indicate that T/R modules it is GAn based..

KZgLnaF.jpg

Can the article be purchased from Janes as one off item?

Which KLJ-7A will be used? The one with side panels or the other one?

If they really made a new version that is air cooled then it probably will have lower modules.

@StormBreaker , quoted you by mistake.

Low probability of intercept is indeed difficult to locate and jam.
I am extremely sorry for my post as well brother. Got confused as we both have already been in convo several times and yet i thought you quoted me as Indian
Bro you are a beacon of good natured exchanges on the forum. This is one of those rare occasions in which you lost your patience. No issues.
I didn’t lose it buddy, if i was standing physically there, you would rather see me saying this in a confused face instead of angry one. I am chill man, impossible to become angry !!

Air Cooling Currently gives 2 main advantage
1 they dont need to re design the whole Nose Section and have a more powerful engine.
2nd This can be installed on 2nd Block.

In regards to air Cooling not good enough that depends on the materials being used and design of the system itself, If Chip is designed specifically for air cooling and layout supports that it shouldnt affect its performance that much.

Liquid Cooling is more of a brute force way to keep everything cooling and pushing it to its limit.
Since none of the details of both air and liquid cooled radars are available nothing much can be said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom