What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The IIR MAWS/ DAS can in fact work as an irst system and can be used for tracking threats nearby. I recall @messiach mentioning something on those lines.
I don't think it would be difficult to add IRST, at least later on anyways. I'd say the plumbing work for IFR/AAR was more intensive than integrating IRST to the airframe. And if they can't add IRST to the airframe, they can acquire a IRST via a special mission pod (of which there are several options available). The only drawback to this scenario is that the chin hardpoint is available to either IRST or a ATP, unless we add a second special mission hardpoint.

I don't think it would be difficult to add IRST, at least later on anyways. I'd say the plumbing work for IFR/AAR was more intensive than integrating IRST to the airframe. And if they can't add IRST to the airframe, they can acquire a IRST via a special mission pod (of which there are several options available). The only drawback to this scenario is that the chin hardpoint is available to either IRST or a ATP, unless we add a second special mission hardpoint.

We could also have a decent number of pods at each air base, so that when a plane goes up in A2A mode it can carry the IRST pod, and when it goes up in A2G mode it can carry the Aselpod. The JF-17 gets to stays a lean mean fighting machine.

Lately, i have been giving this a thought,
@araz @waz @MastanKhan @Windjammer @Dazzler @JamD ,

Since, we aren’t in a hurry to acquire a complete 5th gen aircraft, that doesn’t mean that we can’t integrate 5th Gen avionics on our Thunders.
Isn’t that what Thunder program is all about ? Providing us with latest solutions in good price tag ?

So,
The elements of 5th gen i am referring to are non other than EOTS and Sensor Fusion.

This could be done on Block 4, and it would benefit us by giving a first hand experience on 5th gen avionics as well as how to improvise them for future.

China can assist in that as well !!!

A J-20 cockpit can as well come in future with single wide screen MFD.

EOTS module is nothing that big to fit in, sizes around 80x80x80cm plus minus.

Just think !!!

For DAS to work as a fully functional IRST, EOTS module is a necessity under the nose !!!

Take F-35’s AN/AAQ-37 EOTS for example.
It is a DAS, MAWS and an IRST !!!

Essentially, S740 comprises of solid state IRST complimentary sensors. More of these modular sensors can be added if needed.

Lately, i have been giving this a thought,
@araz @waz @MastanKhan @Windjammer @Dazzler @JamD ,

Since, we aren’t in a hurry to acquire a complete 5th gen aircraft, that doesn’t mean that we can’t integrate 5th Gen avionics on our Thunders.
Isn’t that what Thunder program is all about ? Providing us with latest solutions in good price tag ?

So,
The elements of 5th gen i am referring to are non other than EOTS and Sensor Fusion.

This could be done on Block 4, and it would benefit us by giving a first hand experience on 5th gen avionics as well as how to improvise them for future.

China can assist in that as well !!!

A J-20 cockpit can as well come in future with single wide screen MFD.

EOTS module is nothing that big to fit in, sizes around 80x80x80cm plus minus.

Just think !!!
Maybe you should consider the limitation of a lightweight fighter.

JAS-39E and LCA MK2 have been chosen to be mediumweight fighters, and become more and more expensive.

HMD-1 had had been tested for blk-3

b31-jpg.565493

Almost a year old. More photos/ flights will reveal more goodies in coming days/ weeks. The nose is not exactly as round as the ones in earlier blocks. Its longer and a little elliptical at the front. Will be more visible once painted.
I feel like, there will a a minor difference in some aspects on the second prototype as well !!!

This one could stay as a testbed in future.

these days almost everyone with access to wikipedia wants to be defense expert on youtube.
yes, agreed it is an outlet for idiots who have nothing better to do. half baked truths which people will believe is unreal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">J-20 &amp; HMD confirmed:<br>During a recent exercise for the first time a HMD (HMDS) was revealed. This was expected since some time especially since such a helmet was on display at the Zhuhai Airshow 2016. However a HMD was not confirmed and usually the pilots wore a TK-31 helmet. <a href="https://t.co/pRi4VvsSn7">pic.twitter.com/pRi4VvsSn7</a></p>&mdash; @Rupprecht_A (@RupprechtDeino) <a href=" ">May 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can this be made available to the Block 3, and would it fulfill the PAF's needs?

Back
Top Bottom