What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I haven't read anything in this regard. As ASELSAN is opening a office in Pak new projects to cater for PAF's needs can be initiated...

Hopefully with the most useful features from the F-35 Helmet as per PAF's needs, as well as third party customers who buy the JF-17.

Last edited:

Lol. I’m getting the same feeling.

I was at a party the other day and these uncles with their stomachs popping out, and one of them said, “they have said the Thunder tiara is 5th a generation”. Almost dropped my plate thinking what the hell they reading or watching lol

Last edited:
Aar probe and ldp under intake

Adjustments.JPG

but block-2/1/3 can't be compare with F-16, who is comparing JF-17 and F-16 is really stupid, because they both sits in different classes/categories

My dear you need to understand that different category doesnt mean that they are not comparable. category has influence on range and payload and upto an extent speed.

Just think practically that in case of war jf17 and f16 will be our front role fighters and both will be performing same duties and facing heavy weight SU30s and by the way f16 was also light weight earlier.

in case of BVR, EW, Situational awareness, Ground and surface attack roles they are quite similar infact JF17 in PAF has edge because for f16s we donot have long range SOW/ALCMs.

So saying that this comparison is stupid is itself stupid (on a lighter note :) ).
I suggest you to watch the complete video to know more details :)[/QUOTE]

I believe using harsh words without knowing the full context is more stupid in terms of learning.
F16s have definite advantage in range and payload.
BUT BUT BUT

iF you compare the upcoming AESA and PL15 with current PAF block 52 APG and AMRRAM then ??
IF you compare c802/803 and CM400 with Harpoon then ?
If you compare REK/SOW/H2/4 Raadi/ii with only LGBs with F16 available to PAF Then ?
If you compare the overall Sync of Link17 system with AWACS and JF17s vs F16s Then ?
If you compare the political independence to produce/operate and maintain the JF17s with F16s Then ?
If you Compare the integration flexibility have Brazilian/French/Chinese and Pakistani system on JF17 with US/NATO only systems on f16s then ?

I humbly suggest to give others a chance and try to give them leverage as well.
Calling one one stupid without knowing complete details and context is a self bias.

My dear you need to understand that different category doesnt mean that they are not comparable. category has influence on range and payload and upto an extent speed.

Just think practically that in case of war jf17 and f16 will be our front role fighters and both will be performing same duties and facing heavy weight SU30s and by the way f16 was also light weight earlier.

in case of BVR, EW, Situational awareness, Ground and surface attack roles they are quite similar infact JF17 in PAF has edge because for f16s we donot have long range SOW/ALCMs.

So saying that this comparison is stupid is itself stupid (on a lighter note :) ).
I suggest you to watch the complete video to know more details :)

I believe using harsh words without knowing the full context is more stupid in terms of learning.
F16s have definite advantage in range and payload.
BUT BUT BUT

iF you compare the upcoming AESA and PL15 with current PAF block 52 APG and AMRRAM then ??
IF you compare c802/803 and CM400 with Harpoon then ?
If you compare REK/SOW/H2/4 Raadi/ii with only LGBs with F16 available to PAF Then ?
If you compare the overall Sync of Link17 system with AWACS and JF17s vs F16s Then ?
If you compare the political independence to produce/operate and maintain the JF17s with F16s Then ?
If you Compare the integration flexibility have Brazilian/French/Chinese and Pakistani system on JF17 with US/NATO only systems on f16s then ?

I humbly suggest to give others a chance and try to give them leverage as well.
Calling one one stupid without knowing complete details and context is a self bias.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking to yourselfo_O:cheesy::lol::enjoy:

The IIR MAWS/ DAS can in fact work as an irst system and can be used for tracking threats nearby. I recall @messiach mentioning something on those lines.
For DAS to work as a fully functional IRST, EOTS module is a necessity under the nose !!!

Take F-35’s AN/AAQ-37 EOTS for example.
It is a DAS, MAWS and an IRST !!!

Back
Top Bottom