What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I believe @denel is also referring to replacing Block-1 and Block-2 fighters in his estimation.

Remember, the earliest Block-1s will be around 20 years old in 2030, so the PAF could either rebuild them or replace them entirely. Seeing how the Block-3 airframe is quite different (3-axis FBW and other subtle structural changes), it could make sense to standardize to the new model (albeit with newer electronics).
Yes that is 100% correct.

It’s quite an air armada!!!!

According to the ancient Indian texts, warriors attacking from the sky get the best out of the “natives” on the ground!! And, those air warriors become their Gods!!! PAF, by definition, attacks from the sky....

450 4+ and 5 Gen aircraft mix with netcentric warfare will suffice the aggressive posture. then no fly zone of IoK an be observed with impunity.

Pakistan will need to maintain a full-fledged fleet of 400 light-weight fighter aircraft at any one time like it is currently.

What is that going to be made up of by 2035 if not light-weight JF-17 Thunders?

I believe @denel is also referring to replacing Block-1 and Block-2 fighters in his estimation.

Remember, the earliest Block-1s will be around 20 years old in 2030, so the PAF could either rebuild them or replace them entirely. Seeing how the Block-3 airframe is quite different (3-axis FBW and other subtle structural changes), it could make sense to standardize to the new model (albeit with newer electronics).

PAF will get them serviced/rebuilt as appropriate. There is no way PAF is going to throw away such young airframes when you consider how long they have been flogging the mirages. Have you seen the age on the mirages ???

99% of the time, PAF doesn't have a pot to piss in, or 2 pennies to rub together. The glacial induction rate that is planned for Block III to see money is a big problem for the PAF..

Pakistan will need to maintain a full-fledged fleet of 400 light-weight fighter aircraft at any one time like it is currently.

What is that going to be made up of by 2035 if not light-weight JF-17 Thunders?
I can see some level of conformity in the number 300 as that is inevitable, anything above that would be even better !!!

You see, light weight fighters have their unique advantages against our adversary which is filled with Heavy and medium.

We believe that kids are small, they sneak in and can do things that you couldn’t or wouldn’t do. More the kids, less control you have on home.

Light fighters have less RCS first of all, they are good in that sense. Secondly, field in 3 Light fighters against a heavy or medium, that wins you the psychological battle which governs the end results. A pilot knows the he is against 3 pilots (doesn’t matter the 3 pilots have mig 21 or f-22), this ultimately casts fear into the heart of the opponent who eventually loses physically.

We must blindly keep on inducting Thunders and create me fresh Squadrons and focus more on training, as number increases, training quality should also be focused on so that it doesn’t fall !!.

Even though i know the answer is no, do you think Block 1 and 2 can recieve structural modification upgrades to that of 3 which includes nose, inlets and the intake on VS ?

PAF will get them serviced/rebuilt as appropriate. There is no way PAF is going to throw away such young airframes when you consider how long they have been flogging the mirages. Have you seen the age on the mirages ???

99% of the time, PAF doesn't have a pot to piss in, or 2 pennies to rub together. The glacial induction rate that is planned for Block III to see money is a big problem for the PAF..
Could you elaborate the last sentence ? Bit difficult to interpret thanks to complexity

With fighter manufacturing taking root and moving up the value chain... it is high time that equal attention be paid to building (under licence) aero engines in Pakistan.

Even it means in the beginning assembling kits... but we need to invest in this area as well. By any means necessary.

A twin engine NGF/FGF would easily require 300 engines at least... and then there is entire life cycle of JF and its future variants.

Also, under licence production of different type of heliz... would require motors as well....

Unless we focus on the entire ecosystem of aviation/aerospace industry we shall remain bogged down / dependent on others....
Sir, ACM Sohail Saheb did mention about turbines

What did he say?

I sure hope so... we need action on this. When you take into account AI enabled supersonic UAVs... smaller turbines for SOW/CMs.. it is rather long list...

We need to employ our own kids and cut cost of imports...and build our baseline in this critical industry...

The best way forward is under licence production... we must always remain creative with our industrial transformation paradigm...

Please, not that we would require a few more tankers as well...

PAF needs to have 450-500 fighters always on the ready!

Ahh, here it is, Bilal was quoting a news interview of AM Arshad Malik

https://quwa.org/2016/11/13/pakistan-aeronautical-complex-open-to-private-sector-engagement/

I sure hope so... we need action on this. When you take into account AI enabled supersonic UAVs... smaller turbines for SOW/CMs.. it is rather long list...

We need to employ our own kids and cut cost of imports...and build our baseline in this critical industry...

The best way forward is under licence production... we must always remain creative with our industrial transformation paradigm...

Please, not that we would require a few more tankers as well...

PAF needs to have 450-500 fighters always on the ready!
Lesser the cost of a given product, more quantity we can produce and put more on research.

I am all hyped up for Block 3 second prototype and i want to see it carry RAAD or something new in the Category of Terrain hugging supersonic CM. Will give shivers the other side of border if that is done soon like in 1/2 months. Also they must mount PL-15s and PL-10 with HMD to give a clear message of our capabilities.

Wonder where Block 4 would focus

I am all hyped up for Block 3 second prototype and i want to see it carry RAAD or something new in the Category of Terrain hugging supersonic CM. Will give shivers the other side of border if that is done soon like in 1/2 months. Also they must mount PL-15s and PL-10 with HMD to give a clear message of our capabilities.
Don't forget to convey your desires to the upper echelon of the military, lest they are not aware of them :-).

At this stage, we are looking at approx 350-400 aircraft in all; 250 figure is too low.

Hi

thank you. That number is highly agreeable. In a modern war and with extremely capable bvr missiles, the attrition rate would be very high.

There would be no time to replenish the inventory—-so whosoever sacrifices aircraft to gain superiority will rule the roost.

Insha'Allah these JFs will lead an armada of supersonic UAVs -armed with EW/SIGINT/WVR/BVR etc. - while going into the hunt for the Hindutva!!!

TAI is expecting to fly it's first supersonic UAV, Goksungur, within this year...

upload_2020-1-2_12-50-51-jpeg.597490

http://www.kokpit.aero/supersonic-iha-goksungur
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/anot...ngur-waiting-2020.647862/page-3#post-11982751
There are lots of choices on shelves...
007BYC3Cgy1g9pk8ug2bxj31c20kx115.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom