What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I have already mentioned several times.

None of the aircraft ever changed its aerodynamics, wings, vertical stabilizer once their final prototype and official version have launched in the market. Hereafter almost decade in service, we are still playing with the designs and aerodynamics of the aircraft.

Mirages 3/5 variants do have slightly different vertical stabilizers, but the changes are not that drastic. Even Su-27 family has slightly different stabilizers up top, if we are going to nit-pick
The situation is exactly similar to when the team of developers doesn't even understand the importance of design and design trends. Without best and futuristic design (which you can see every single today's modern fighter) design, look and feel shape or you can say aesthetics are completely different from the JF17. There is a reason for that. It is not just aesthetics that members on this forum doesn't even understand. For them, I (he) is talking about the design which doesn't matter in this case. The aircraft is an aircraft, if JF shoot, kill, have better avionics, that's all for the aircraft.

For instance, if your aircraft having best avionics, engine, performance everything but the interface of HUD, Cockpit is too complex for the end-user, for the end customer, you product is redundant for them if it takes time for the end-user to understand the panels, gauges, touch, sensitivity of the touch system, WIMP, information available in the cockpit which helps user to play around at the time of intense battle. Here everyone asks me, hey are you, aero engineer. In front of them, I'm making my arguments based on shape/look lol. I guess for them, Russian, Americans and French are IDIOT who've spent millions and billions of dollars on the design industry to shape up these machines.

I responded to one question with two different images of JF17 V stab. In response to my question to him, what do you think if I'm an idiot and don't even know anything according to you... what do you think about this difference? why PAF has changed the design of Vertical stabilizer of dual seater? and why after the launch of version B, why again PAF re-do the shape and design of vertical stabilizer? he and many others running out of arguments, one says okay this issue which has to be answered by an expert we don't know why.

If you want to look into the answer to "WHY" you will easily get an idea of what "FLAW(s)" I'm talking about.

Does anyone have the answer? NO... one comes up with the funniest logic. They've changed the v-stab just to maintain the balance (weight) of the aircraft. He is not even sure why they've changed LOL.

If that's the case, give me an example of any other aircraft in the world whether light, dark, heavy, pink, blue which has two different versions and the engineering dept have changed the V-stab design of dual seater and the single-seater... F18? F16? F15? Mig? any?

BIG NO!
Will be my last post on the topic but you are wrong. F-16 design changes happened from Block 5/10 to Block 15, and again with Block 40 to accommodate different engine.
There have been many changes in the Mig-29 as well as Su-27 family.
F-4 had changes to it's wing years into production.

Last edited:
KLJ-7A "AESA".....Confirmed

KLJ-7A-AESA-02-692x360.jpg

Last edited:
KLJ-7A.....Confirmed

KLJ-7A-AESA-02-692x360.jpg
Which one of the KLJ-7A ...
1) Three Sided (Wide FOV)
2) Swivel Plate (Wide FOV)
3) Fixed Plate (Normal FOV)

Also, are you getting this from some insider information or some gut feeling??

English translation:

14 plans to install a liquid-cooled KLJ-7A active phased array radar for Nine Dragons, while 607 plans to install a new type of air-cooled phased array radar, both of which were displayed at the Zhuhai Air Show. The KLJ-7A radar has high power and relatively mature technology, but requires redesign of the nose space; 607 air-cooled phased array radars have low power but low power consumption, and have successfully solved that the equipped PD radar fighter cannot be directly replaced in place. Problems with active phased array radar.

According to previous reports from AVIC, the Nine Dragons Block 3 will install Active Phased Array Radar (AESA) according to Pakistan ’s requirements. However, the prototype 3000 did not have a radar, only an aluminum metal cover and a counterweight. The size of the hood did not change significantly.

This may mean that JF-17 Block 3's active phased array radar is still in the bidding process and has not been finalized. At present, two domestic companies are bidding for the radar project of JF-17 Block 3, one is AVIC Thunder and Lightning Institute (607), and the other is China Electric Power Division 14.

All this shit over a fucking V-Stabilizer.

Hi,

Yes indeed---. Remember the BLK 1 & 2 were not designed structurally for a two seater in mind---they were purely single seater aircraft---.

The two seater came about out of a need and thus had to endure a lots of internal modifications---which drastically changed the center of gravity of the aircraft and the external shape as well.

So the angle of the canted tail as compared to the tail on the single seater should come as no surprise at all---.

Each aircrafts model's flight capabilities have to be ascertained on is own merit and not at posters whims---.

The F-17 Block 3 fighter is the first major improvement of the JF-17 series. It was jointly developed by the Pakistan Aviation Industry Consortium (PAC) and China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC). Fighter ".

The JF-17Block 3 project was launched in mid-2015. In October 2017, AVIC Chengfei completed the "preliminary design stage" of the JF-17 Block 3 fighter. In March 2018, the Pakistan Air Force announced the completion of the Block-3 design. In mid-December 2019, a JF-17Block 3 prototype was tested. From the start of the project to the test flight of the prototype, the Chinese aviation industry only took 4 and a half years.

In the project requirements, the Pakistani military requires the installation of more advanced avionics systems and active phased array radars to be compatible with advanced air-to-air missiles including PL-15 and PL-10E to respond to the threat of India's next-generation fighter aircraft.

Pakistan has currently manufactured more than 100 JF-17 fighters in six squadrons, and more than half of them are Block 2 with aerial refueling capabilities. The Pakistani Air Force plans to produce 50 JF-17 Block 3s after 2020 to replace older second-generation aircraft such as the J-7 and Mirage 3.

The F-17 Block 3 fighter is the first major improvement of the JF-17 series. It was jointly developed by the Pakistan Aviation Industry Consortium (PAC) and China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC). Fighter ".

The JF-17Block 3 project was launched in mid-2015. In October 2017, AVIC Chengfei completed the "preliminary design stage" of the JF-17 Block 3 fighter. In March 2018, the Pakistan Air Force announced the completion of the Block-3 design. In mid-December 2019, a JF-17Block 3 prototype was tested. From the start of the project to the test flight of the prototype, the Chinese aviation industry only took 4 and a half years.

In the project requirements, the Pakistani military requires the installation of more advanced avionics systems and active phased array radars to be compatible with advanced air-to-air missiles including PL-15 and PL-10E to respond to the threat of India's next-generation fighter aircraft.

Pakistan has currently manufactured more than 100 JF-17 fighters in six squadrons, and more than half of them are Block 2 with aerial refueling capabilities. The Pakistani Air Force plans to produce 50 JF-17 Block 3s after 2020 to replace older second-generation aircraft such as the J-7 and Mirage 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
It means HMD/S will be there?
@LKJ86 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Back
Top Bottom