What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Used to work for them and other defence firms on various projects. Been out of this game for nearly 4 years; focusing on quiet life, cattle, and research work. Health reasons - losing my sight slowly.
Ohh my God, since you are focusing a quiet life, let’s get back to the food thread then. I will share with you some amazing foods and recipes. :partay:.

Curb your enthusiasm brother. That way you will be less likely to be susceptible to disappointment, if things don't go as you expected them to.
I dont expect ‘THAT’ much, just curious to see the long nose and a fresh new sight. And how the practices from B has been applied to produce a modifed A

No issues with that.

Just expect it to happen when it's ready, maybe w/o putting a deadline or time frame on it?
We have waited for eternity, can wait more. But my wish to see it fly in a foreign air show ASAP presenting a never before seen performance of thunder.

I think their will be an effort to further reduce rcs although it won't b much

So, how many of members think, it would be 'stealthy'! how many of you think inlet, LERX, slats will have noticable changes! @All who wants to take a shot.
Frankly, I think none of the above, it won't be visibly stealthy, no noticeable changes in the air intakes, maybe a slightly larger/extended nose cone but you'll probably have to stare very carefully while squinting to notice the difference. I am 99.9% confident that almost all the changes will be internal, composite materials, more powerful engine, aesa radar, stealth, radiation absorbing paint, internally integration EW suite, all 3 axis fly by wire (if not fly by light), etc. NONE of these things will make it a a visibly different fighter compared to block 1 and 2 so fan boys (admittedly like me) would be disappointed...HOWEVER...all the said internal or unnoticeable changes will, for all intents and purposes, will make it a true, top of the line, 4.5 generation killer bird that would give the rafale nightmares in the hanger...

Last edited:
So, how many of members think, it would be 'stealthy'! how many of you think inlet, LERX, slats will have noticable changes! @All who wants to take a shot.
Might have an even smaller RCS than what it is in the Block-II right now, if greater percentage of composites are used, but not stealthy by any means.
No new engines and no changes inlets.
Perhaps some changes in LERX and Slats ... compared to Block-I & II.
There will not be anything much different externally.
But internally there will be a leap in the level of the technology.
Just my layman's 2 cents.

I am not a betting man but in this case I might take a punt and say that Block-3 would have improved Stealth similar to Rafale.

it would be 'stealthy'
probably 'stealthy' in the sense of more composite some sort of RAM coating .... in term of stealthy aerodynamics its not practical at this stage

In term of RCS management I believe it will be more logical to expect its evolution same as F/A-18 E/F block-II which have 50% less frontal RCS than F/A-18 C/D
you think inlet
it is already reported that blk-III will have bigger inlet
LERX, slats will have noticable changes
can't comment .... but due to increase of inlet size these section would also get some redesigning ....

#my2cent

PAF can lowkey troll all of us and just roll out a Blk2 branded as a Blk3 and the fanboys (myself included) will buy it :partay:

On a more serious note, I'm not expecting any major changes externally. Perhaps a slightly bigger nose to accommodate the AESA radar, and perhaps some variation in the control surfaces on the wings. The biggest changes would be internal.

Back
Top Bottom