What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

Precisely - It is entirely inappropriate in it's context - the PAF personnel at Zhuhai were guests of the Chinese state, and should have comported themselves as good guests. What if tomorrow this is picked up by those who seek to create mischief in China by using Islam as a political slogan?? Will Pakistanis want to accept responsibility for that??

Look, we have argued that our Indian friends bring a parochial view and way of expressing, to our discussions - and was this behavior not exactly the same?? There is a time and place for particular behaviors, an international air show where you are a guest, is certainly not the place to make embarrassing slogans which can be used against your guests - isn't that so?

There are cultural aspects to Pakistanis that ought to remain in Pakistan, their context is in Pakistan, they ought to remain in Pakistan and Pakistanis, where civilian or armed forces should learn to respect that reality.

You are over thinking.,,Pakistan is not a secular state and calls herself Islamic republic of Pakistan...the whole world knows this...

Or you are not thinking enough.

Just because Pakistan is a Islamic Republic does not mean we should behave as guests with bad manners.

Either you lot want to play ostrich or you actually missed the "Pakistan ka Mutlab kya...." by professional soldiers on an official mission.

You are right sir, this slogan is not used in armed forces, normally those are Takbeer, Risalat, hadrii, Pakistan Zindabad and Pak Fauj paindapad. May be some thing Pak China friendship slogan may have been chanted. But due to sheer joy, motivation and sense of achievement, they raised slogan, you mentioned sir

Well done PAF boyz and galz, also a big thank you, to the PRC brothers and also to the fraternal PLAAF.

And big thanks to our Chinese and Pakistani brothers, who bought us so many nice pics and vids.:)

A great show but the political slogans by a supposedly "professional" force was just plain scary and distasteful - the OIC should be taken to task and steps to ensure that it will not happen again .

Not political but "religious". I think Nara-e-takbeer and Pakistan zindabad would have sufficed.

What is OIC?

There is also the fact that this show is being performed by an operational sq..
The similarity to this show..and the one I posted of the hornet..should put away all doubts..
The boeing,Lockmart.. BAe shows are done by very very experienced test pilots who work exclusively with the program..they know that jet inside out.. and know where the limits are and how to touch them...
Unlike other forces.. there has never been a dedicated demo team for the JF-17 in our airforce..
and this is the first show..
By contrast.. the pilots flying this jet now probably had a year or so on it after being posted here..
Had.. wg cmdr Ahsan Rafiq.. of the original T&E group stayed all throughout the years.. and given this demo.. it might be a lot more exciting that what you saw here.

If I am not mistaken the CO of the JF-17 sqn, Wing Commander Khalid is an ETPS qualified test pilot and a former F-16 pilot. He has been with the JF-17 program from its inception and most likely flew. I thought the air display was well done.

Precisely - It is entirely inappropriate in it's context - the PAF personnel at Zhuhai were guests of the Chinese state, and should have comported themselves as good guests. What if tomorrow this is picked up by those who seek to create mischief in China by using Islam as a political slogan?? Will Pakistanis want to accept responsibility for that??

Look, we have argued that our Indian friends bring a parochial view and way of expressing, to our discussions - and was this behavior not exactly the same?? There is a time and place for particular behaviors, an international air show where you are a guest, is certainly not the place to make embarrassing slogans which can be used against your guests - isn't that so?

There are cultural aspects to Pakistanis that ought to remain in Pakistan, their context is in Pakistan, they ought to remain in Pakistan and Pakistanis, where civilian or armed forces should learn to respect that reality.

Sir how can our patriotism and association with Islam and Paksitan becomes a problem for us? Pakistan ka matlab kya la ilaha illalah doesn't harm anybody and if somebody picks it, its his choice. The slogan is our part of history and an entire country was weaved around this slogan and lead to Two Nations Theory.

Keeping high degree of respect for you, I would differ with your approach on that. We are neither apologetic being Muslim neither scared of identifying ourself as Muslims or Pakistan as a Muslim State.

Not political but "religious". I think Nara-e-takbeer and Pakistan zindabad would have sufficed.

What is OIC?

Paksitan ka matlab kya is non-offensive slogan. Where I agree with your statement above, I don't mind if this slogan was changed among others.

Back
Top Bottom