What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

Most of the people didnot even notice something wrong with the slogans being chanted. I think the senior members shouldnot have brought to light this issue, how can u expect to put forward your view and then hope for others to stay quiet and not derail the thread knowing perfectly well the sensitivity of this issue.

1011201653d32d577ea3a10407.jpg

Video:pakistan:

Last edited:
Prophet Muhammad PBUH visited Jerusalem and met the respected priests there
when the time of prayer came the priests as a mark of His respect and being gracious hosts invited him to say prayers inside where the Aqsa Mosque stands now.

but the Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH politely declined and said his prayers outside saying that if He prays inside, then Muslims out of devotion for their Holy Prophet PBUH might seize the place from the Christians.

The moral here is our Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH taught us to observe and respect other religious sensitivities and culture of the hosts. This is stark contrast to what hate preachers like Abu Hamza in UK or Mullah Burqa of Lal Mosque preach today.

China has strong sensitivities towards political or religious statements and them being our only friends we should avoid trying to test their threshold of patience and friendship. Already gave them a lot of headache when the wahabi literature found its way from Pakistan to their Sinkiang province.

my friend just to make it clear that it was not my beloved Holy Prophet but Hazrat Umar,when he conquered jerusalem.

officer in charge

it was political too.. the reference to a country.
Thanks.

Whether it was political is debatable. Reference to one's country by its officers and men as they pep themselves up is quite natural, after all they are representing their very own country at the occasion.

See around 3:42 here. Even in Jordan, all the Airforce personnel were cheering their own with their own slogans etc.

On the issue of the detachment commander being taken to task, first the ground rules have to be set. Has the PAF issued directives on whether such slogans are acceptable or not? If it has and the crew persists then the officers would be taken to task, however such is not the case.

One can argue that "Pakistan ka matlab kiya" should not be a part of their slogans, but Pakistanis from class 1 are ingrained that Pakistan was established on the principles of Islam and the slogan in question is one that every single child knows of. The challenge for the armed forces is to balance this affair out. I think its a small issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
guys , in the same video , a paf person was PROUDLY raising the chinese flag and never lowered it----- -- this shows the love we have of our brothren country

the slogans were not professional but maybe due to over excitement-- just notice how they were jumping and running --)

I have seen JFT videos many times and the more i saw them, the more i realized the fact that throughout the flight, the pilot showed maneuvers that not many amateurs like us can appreciate. The control on the aircraft by the pilot was awesome as not for a single instant did he lose it. Credit goes to the aircraft too as it showed remarkable response to pilot commands. Tight turns in such a small space is never an easy thing to do. Also, the climb rate is pretty swift and throws the notion of a weak engine down the drain. We have a formidable machine in our hands folks !!

I have seen JFT videos many times and the more i saw them, the more i realized the fact that throughout the flight, the pilot showed maneuvers that not many amateurs like us can appreciate. The control on the aircraft by the pilot was awesome as not for a single instant did he lose it. Credit goes to the aircraft too as it showed remarkable response to pilot commands. Tight turns in such a small space is never an easy thing to do. Also, the climb rate is pretty swift and throws the notion of a weak engine down the drain. We have a formidable machine in our hands folks !!

I'm not at all surprised at JF-17's superior performance. Just read this article:

(China Military News cited from aviationweek.com) -- Airshow China is hosting the first international demonstration of the Chengdu JF-17/FC-1, flown here by a team from the pakistan air force. Officials from China's Aviation Industries of China (Avic) and China Aero-Technology Import Export Corporation (Catic) tell Aviation Week that despite the low price of the aircraft, it is not a low-tech piece of equipment, but rather a "21st century product."

Catic Vice President Zeng Wen told Show News "one of the most impressive features of the JF-17 is its diverterless air inlets – negating the need for the intakes to be designed with a boundary layer diverter. This is an achievement in aerodynamics that only the most advanced aircraft designs in the world are configured with – and those others are very high-priced designs like the F-22 or F-35. Another element is that the avionics package of the JF-17 is very advanced – it is equivalent to most of the top-level aircraft in the world. There is also a full glass cockpit."

What makes the JF-17 a lower-priced platform given its performance is that it is not an aircraft that was designed from scratch, says Catic. Instead, its onboard systems are a scaled-downed adaptation of the configuration from the other famous Chengdu fighter, the J-10. "This transfer of technology — transposing the aircraft systems from the J-10 to the JF-17 — is what makes the JF-17 so cost-effective," Catic says.
Chinese Jets Today At Bygone Price|China Military Power Mashup

I disagree...The plane is crying out loud for a better engine..

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 23-Nov-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

AVIC reports 28 contracts signed at Zhuhai airshow.

Jon Grevatt Jane's Asia-Pacific Industry Reporter - Bangkok

Chinese aviation companies signed 28 contracts totalling USD9.3 billion during the 8th Airshow China exhibition in Zhuhai, which concluded on 21 November, said the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) in a statement.

AVIC said the contracts were awarded to national and regional Chinese aviation companies for both military and commercial platforms.

The figure, it added, did not include an order placed by local Chinese airlines for 100 AVIC-made C919 passenger airliners, which was announced on 16 November, but it is likely that commercial aviation deals would have made up the bulk of these contracts.

AVIC did not mention any specific military aviation contracts, although it made reference to a number of air defence missile, advanced missile system and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) programmes that "showcased the rising status of the Chinese aerospace industry".

Jane's had earlier reported that the exhibition featured more than 25 UAV designs - a number that exceeded previous shows, indicating progress being made by Chinese industry as well as the growing significance of UAV platforms to the People's Liberation Army as it attempts to achieve a 2020 goal of conducting 'informationised' warfare.

Back
Top Bottom