What's new

Japanese visiting beautiful Turkey!

Now I want to visit Turkey!

;)

Japanese are known for being polite and respectful for the culture and traditions of their host country, they are always welcome, unfortunately we cant say the same about some western tourists.

The opinion of Turkish public about Japan and Japanese:

1. Interest in Japan, general views, etc.
    When asked how much interest they had in Japan, 61.6% reported "very interested" or "rather interested". In addition, 83.2% reported that Japan-Turkey relations were "friendly relations" or "almost friendly relations".

Regarding aspects of interest in Japan, 60.3% answered "science/technology", far more than the 29.7% that answered "culture/arts". On the topic of areas in which the two countries should strengthen their cooperative relations, 56.4% answered "science/technology".

With regard to impression of the Japanese, the top two responses were "careful/diligent/honest (70.8%)" and "respect traditional values (31.6%)".

With regard to which country is an important partner of Turkey, Japan was in second place with 13.7% of the answers, behind "Islamic nations" at 29.9% (following Japan was the "United States" (8.4%), "Middle Eastern countries" (7.5%), the "EU" (6.9%), and "South Korea" (6.5%)).

With regard to which country is an important partner of Turkey in East Asia, 45.4% said "Japan", followed by "South Korea" at 27.6% and "China" at 4.9%.

Asked about their awareness of matters relating to the earthquakes that struck both Turkey and Japan last year, many Turkish people said they were aware of activities, with 55.7% answering that they were aware of the sending of a rescue team to Japan by Turkey's Government for the Great East Japan Earthquake, 65.2% saying they were aware of the sending of emergency aid to Turkey by Japanese Government for the October 2011 earthquake, and 63.0% saying they were aware that Japanese NGO members that had visited Turkey to assist with disaster relief had fallen victim to an earthquake in Van. In addition, 60.5% said that their impression of Japan had become better in the wake of the passing of the member as a result of the earthquake in Van.

Asked if Japan should become a permanent member of the United Nations (UN) Security Council, among the Turkish people who were aware of the functions of the Council, 69.9% said that they thought Japan should be a permanent member, and 17.8% said that they thought Japan should not be a permanent member.
  2. Other Points (Japan-Turkey relations, tourism, etc.)
    Asked if they knew of the tragedy of the Ertuğrul frigate of September 1890, which was the start of friendly relations between Japan and Turkey, 29.9% said they knew of it. In addition, 44.9% said that they knew of the Second Bosphorus Bridge, and 52.5% said that they knew of the Marmaray project, which are constructed by Japanese aid.

As for visits to Japan, 2.8% said that they have visited Japan. Asked the reason why they had not visited, the order of answers was such that 39.4% said, "Japan is geographically far away", 21.7% said "expensive country", and 15.1% said "lack of information on Japan". Additionally, about tourism to Japan, Turkish people expressed interests in different aspects in the order of "ancient cities/history (temples and shrines and so on; 39.4%)", "shopping (29.8%)", and "watching traditional culture (Kabuki and so on; 29.0%)".
[Reference]
The survey was carried out face to face in 10 major cities in Turkey and featured the participation of 1,012 people between the ages of 18-65.

• (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)

MOFA: Opinion Poll: Turkish Image of Japan (Outline of Results)

I saw some Pakistani tourists in Istanbul and I told them that "they should feel at home this is their country too" and they said "yeah we feel like this is our country". In other words they din't feel like they were in foreign lands. Thats the feeling I got from them.

The funny thing is that these tourist that I talked to were on the same airplane as me on the way to Turkey. :azn:

Turkey is such a fascinating country it has a very rich culture and history which not only they are proud of but we as Pakistanis are proud of them as well. No doubt the love between common people of Pakistan and Turkey is unmatchable. We see Turkey as a role model for us. With much love to Turkey from Pakistan.

I saw some Pakistani tourists in Istanbul and I told them that "they should feel at home this is their country too" and they said "yeah we feel like this is our country". In other words they din't feel like they were in foreign lands. Thats the feeling I got from them.

The funny thing is that these tourist that I talked to were on the same airplane as me on the way to Turkey. :azn:

Proud of Turkey and Turkish people. Wanna see Turkey converting into economic giant in Europe in my life time like China. God bless Turkey forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom