What's new

Japanese visiting beautiful Turkey!

Btw, how are you liking it there in Japan ? :)
I was there since last year's august till january due an internship program at a company in Osaka. It was really great, learned many things, but especially it served well as an eye opener on how Japanese business etiquette works like. Internship aside, life was really good in Osaka. Beautiful sceneries were at hand, the food was great, the people were super. But, my goodness, that humid season was the hardest of all things to get used to. The thing i liked the most about Japan is how modernity and tradtions are fusioned so well in the society and the people seemed well aware of both the modernity and the traditional aspects of life. In some countries it sometimes seems to me as if people slowly forget their traditions and rather put emphasis on modernity (due globalization maybe?). So definitely hats off to Japan if you ask me.

Although I heard that Japanese were usually hiding their emotions in such dealings, I mean they keep smiling but its not always honest, everybody does that to a degree but may be its more often in Japanese society ?

Although I heard that Japanese were usually hiding their emotions in such dealings, I mean they keep smiling but its not always honest, everybody does that to a degree but may be its more often in Japanese society ?

Japanese society; it stresses not to show one's emotions too openly. Second, its considered very rude to open one's mouth when you laugh, this is common in many foreign societies. For us, it is better to smile. Smiling is a show of respect to the other person, despite one's own emotion (personal). Third, different societies focus on different areas for cues. Japan society; we focus on the eyes to see one's emotional cues. In many foreign societies; emphasis is on the mouth (seeing if one smiles, laughs, frowns, et al). Thus, people from foreign society will always notice Japanese always sile. But fail to focus on the eyes.

The thing i liked the most about Japan is how modernity and tradtions are fusioned so well in the society and the people seemed well aware of both the modernity and the traditional aspects of life.

Yes. Western attire is only the shell. Within, the yolk, is the traditional part. I always like to say Japanese are like boiled eggs. We may appear westernized (hard shell), but within the shell is the heart. The essence. It has not changed.

Japanese society; it stresses not to show one's emotions too openly. Second, its considered very rude to open one's mouth when you laugh, this is common in many foreign societies. For us, it is better to smile. Smiling is a show of respect to the other person, despite one's own emotion (personal). Third, different societies focus on different areas for cues. Japan society; we focus on the eyes to see one's emotional cues. In many foreign societies; emphasis is on the mouth (seeing if one smiles, laughs, frowns, et al). Thus, people from foreign society will always notice Japanese always sile. But fail to focus on the eyes.

Yes. Western attire is only the shell. Within, the yolk, is the traditional part. I always like to say Japanese are like boiled eggs. We may appear westernized (hard shell), but within the shell is the heart. The essence. It has not changed.

Meanwhile in Turkey :D

Would you say the same thing is happening in Turkey?
Not bringing out the past, and going straight to the conclusion. Turkey can both ways. Currently from my observation and from family in Turkey and people I know in Turkey. Its Television Culture(Western mixed culture where they are pushing religion only in word) vs Conservative Values(Basicly Islamic Turkish values). I prefer the latter one.

But users which are living in Turkey can give you better estimation, because well I am following turkey from abroad

I would not generalize this. I know a japanese guy from Kyoto and he is by far the most rude, arrogant guy i know. And i´m arrogant myself. So that places the line high.

maybe that mouth and eye part is reflected in the smileys too? Like common foreign smileys
:p: :-) :-\ :-( :-D :-3 :-S

While these are common in Japan? (@_@) ^_^ (≧∇≦)(^∇^)
( ̄^ ̄)ゞ (c_c) o(`ω´ )o

I would not generalize this. I know a japanese guy from Kyoto and he is by far the most rude, arrogant guy i know. And i´m arrogant myself. So that places the line high.

How is he rude?

How is he rude?

Hard to say. Its not rude in classical sense. He is exchange studend here. He behaves very aristocratic, would never shake a chinese persons hand. He is very good in his sports and brags with this. He does kendo professional and he denied to compete with someone from canada...because he saw this person below his status...He says he is from noble ancestry and can trace back his family roots to Oda Nobunaga...You must see him and you will see he is the anti thesis to evrything you know about shy and nice people from japan ha ha

Hard to say. Its not rude in classical sense. He is exchange studend here. He behaves very aristocratic, would never shake a chinese persons hand. He is very good in his sports and brags with this. He does kendo professional and he denied to compete with someone from canada...because he saw this person below his status...He says he is from noble ancestry and can trace back his family roots to Oda Nobunaga...You must see him and you will see he is the anti thesis to evrything you know about shy and nice people from japan ha ha

Wow, perhaps he comes from a very wealthy family, too. Btw, there are Japanese families that still hold their family crest and ranks. People who are descendents of Daimyos (Noble Lords) have that aura about them. And it is considered respect to acknowledge their position. So , i can understand your acquaintance' demeanor.

As for him not shaking a Chinese person's hands. That's just excessive. But then again, he's probably an Ultranationalist.

Btw, there are 3 popular countries many Japanese foreign exchange students pick : 1) USA, 2) UK, 3) Germany.

I notice the ones that select Germany to study abroad tend to have a fascination with German culture, German history and military history. Axis history.

I want to smoke whatever he's smoking.

ha ha ha. that Korean guy is so funny eh? How can one person eat that much food?! :o:

Beat him :D suddenly humble :D

Wow, perhaps he comes from a very wealthy family, too. Btw, there are Japanese families that still hold their family crest and ranks. People who are descendents of Daimyos (Noble Lords) have that aura about them. And it is considered respect to acknowledge their position. So , i can understand your acquaintance' demeanor.

As for him not shaking a Chinese person's hands. That's just excessive. But then again, he's probably an Ultranationalist.

Btw, there are 3 popular countries many Japanese foreign exchange students pick : 1) USA, 2) UK, 3) Germany.

I notice the ones that select Germany to study abroad tend to have a fascination with German culture, German history and military history. Axis history.

ha ha ha. that Korean guy is so funny eh? How can one person eat that much food?! :o:

I think you are right. Here thats him:

fohnaw9v.jpg

The ultranationalist part is the bonus. The "aristocratic" part is the worst thing. His family is whealthy for sure and i did some research. They ruled as Daimyo at the most northern part of Honshu and later southern part of Hokkaido. I´m no expert in your aristocracy but he showed me pictures that show him, his parents and some other relatives with Akihito. He is usually very nice towards europeans but a real bastard towards people from china, vietnam and so on. We have one other japanese here from Osaka who is really nice. But they don´t talk with each other. I asked him why he does not talk with the Osaka guy and he only said that this guy is a burakumin without any manners and the social status of a tree log...

You japanese are strange. I´m happy when i´m abroad and meet anotehr italian or german. :D

Back
Top Bottom