What's new

Japan unveils largest warship since World War II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gambit @visom

all hail armchair General @shuttler

you do know he is a very powerful war machine right? He don't need bullet, he don't need gun, only ONE LOOK at his post and I guarantee you that you will go down laughing and you will not get up for quite some time,

Last edited by a moderator:
Because technically speaking, a helo is an aircraft. Helo pilots do call the helicopter 'aircraft'.

For example...

Aircraft History

See that? Technically speaking, a dirigible (blimp), or even a paper kite, is an aircraft

Do not confuse capability with usage. A kitchen knife is supposed to remain in the kitchen to prepare food, but its capability is what?

Now if you don't get the sense in which I used the term Aircraft Carrier and define an aircraft, then what can I say?

I know every flying vehicle is an aircraft, drones are also aircraft.

But there is a difference between an AC that can carry fighter jets which can go offensive and an AC that carries only helos which can only act in defensive manner.

Now if you don't get the sense in which I used the term Aircraft Carrier and define an aircraft, then what can I say?

But there is a difference between an AC that can carry fighter jets which can go offensive and an AC that carries only helos which can only act in defensive manner.
Sure, if you say so.

It's only comparable in length and beam, but it has less capabilities, with only up to 12 aircraft that can be carried (compared to 40-ish for the America-class). The displacement is largely different, with America class being 45,000 tons at full displacement, while the Izumo only displaces 27,000 tons.

They are not ready to look into the technical features of this helicopter destroyer and are doing everything to exaggerate the capabilities of it. Is this how they demonize Japan, an occupied and colonized country since its defeat in WWII?

Sure, if you say so.

Does not mean such ships can perform otherwise, I mean, play the role of an AC like that of Liaoning, no matter how much the captain of the ship wishes. This is what I wanted to emphasize.

Do not confuse capability with usage. A kitchen knife is supposed to remain in the kitchen to prepare food, but its capability is what?
@gambit,

Kitchen knife is kitchen knife, its capability is not as much as that of a tactical knife or combat knife. Capability determines usage to an extent.

Last edited by a moderator:

A bunch of NH-90s with, say, NSM missiles, accompanied by some attack choppers armed with AAMs can't act offensively??

Relative size
22ddh-comp.gif

Nice looking vessel
22ddh-0001.jpg

A bunch of NH-90s with, say, NSM missiles, accompanied by some attack choppers armed with AAMs can't act offensively??

They can act offensively against stone age island nation but not against China or Russia. I don't think US will ever allow Japan to build anything of offensive capability.

Does Japan operate NH90?

It's only comparable in length and beam, but it has less capabilities, with only up to 12 aircraft that can be carried (compared to 40-ish for the America-class). The displacement is largely different, with America class being 45,000 tons at full displacement, while the Izumo only displaces 27,000 tons.

Are there any other estimates for that? 12 seems very low for a ship that size, and the deck space seems enough for 20 +

Also, who wants to bet that the technical plans for the sky-jump are already made, just in case?:)

They can act offensively against stone age island nation but not against China or Russia. I don't think US will ever allow Japan to build anything of offensive capability.

Does Japan operate NH90?

No, JMSDF operates SH-60J/Ks, MH-53 and MCH-101. But that's besides the point. And you ARE underestimating the potential of a cleverly used helicopter force.

No, JMSDF operates SH-60J/Ks, MH-53 and MCH-101. But that's besides the point. And you ARE underestimating the potential of a cleverly used helicopter force.

There are people, there are agencies, there are countries, who are trying to create trouble between Japan and China by installing hatred and fear among the Chinese for the Japanese. This is easy to do so because Chinese often confuse their friends as enemies.

Chinese should think deeper. Japan is after all an occupied territory.

Have you been trying to fully understand the Abe regime? It is the americans, japanese vietnamese indians pinoys et al who are portraying us as the wrong doers while we are just claiming our rights which are massively eroded due to illegal encroachment and occupation of the lands that belong to us

That's a long list of countries from East coast of China all the way to South Asia :blink:

Most of the nations in Asia are fed up with Warnings and threats of Chinese CCP. Gone are the days when people used to believe Chinese rise is peaceful, Now most of the nations look at china with suspicion.
1) Senkakus warn Japan and warn any country which maintains close ties with Japan.
2) East Sea daily fights and pathetic rants.
3) Philippines Warnings and Threats, Cutting cables and threatening Philippine fisherman.
4) SCS disputes with almost all teh nations which are bound by UNCLOS and again issue threats and warnings.
5) Patrol SCS as if it is their back yard pool. Again issue threats and warnings anybody who passes on the SCS shipping lanes.
6) Vietnam Do some war games at the borders close to Vietnam and Issue threats and warnings. Cutting the cables and harass fishermen of Vietnam.
7) Again issue warnings and threats to anybody who maintains close ties with Vietnam.
8) Issue warnings to India which is legitimately exploring in Vietnam SEZ's.
9) Send some soldiers to occupy lands in Ladhak and here also issue threats and warning to India.
10) Again issue threats and warnings to India if it tries to keep close ties with Japan, vietnam and Phillipines.
11) Arm pakistan against India and expect India to keep quite :D.

And then cry that the above nations are trying to portray China in bad light, Fact is whole of the west and USA are against China + the above nations.

Are there any other estimates for that? 12 seems very low for a ship that size, and the deck space seems enough for 20 +

Also, who wants to bet that the technical plans for the sky-jump are already made, just in case?:)

Well, Washington Post reports:

The ship, which has a flight deck that is nearly 250 meters (820 feet) long, is designed to carry up to 14 helicopters. Japanese officials say it will be used in national defense — particularly in anti-submarine warfare and border-area surveillance missions — and to bolster the nation’s ability to transport personnel and supplies in response to large-scale natural disasters, like the devastating earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

I don't know where they sourced this from. Maybe the Japanese government is purposely downplaying it's capabilities.

They are building only two anyway.

If China is so superior, stop complaining and start building your own.

That's a long list of countries from East coast of China all the way to South Asia :blink:

Most of the nations in Asia are fed up with Warnings and threats of Chinese CCP. Gone are the days when people used to believe Chinese rise is peaceful, Now most of the nations look at china with suspicion.
1) Senkakus warn Japan and warn any country which maintains close ties with Japan.
2) East Sea daily fights and pathetic rants.
3) Philippines Warnings and Threats, Cutting cables and threatening Philippine fisherman.
4) SCS disputes with almost all teh nations which are bound by UNCLOS and again issue threats and warnings.
5) Patrol SCS as if it is their back yard pool. Again issue threats and warnings anybody who passes on the SCS shipping lanes.
6) Vietnam Do some war games at the borders close to Vietnam and Issue threats and warnings. Cutting the cables and harass fishermen of Vietnam.
7) Again issue warnings and threats to anybody who maintains close ties with Vietnam.
8) Issue warnings to India which is legitimately exploring in Vietnam SEZ's.
9) Send some soldiers to occupy lands in Ladhak and here also issue threats and warning to India.
10) Again issue threats and warnings to India if it tries to keep close ties with Japan, vietnam and Phillipines.
11) Arm pakistan against India and expect India to keep quite :D.

And then cry that the above nations are trying to portray China in bad light, Fact is whole of the west and USA are against China + the above nations.
good summarisation, let the Chinese cry and whine crocodile tears...by the way there is no longer peaceful rise of China. The new CCP slogan is Chinese dream. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom