What's new

Japan-U.S. alliance should not go beyond bilateral scope: China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

China on Thursday said the Japan-U.S. alliance should not go beyond its bilateral scope.

"Japan-U.S.alliance is a bilateral arrangement created under special historical conditions and should not go beyond its bilateral scope," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a news briefing on Thursday.

Hong's comments came after a joint statement released by Japan and the United States calling for China to play a constructive role in regional stability.

The statement was issued following the "two-plus-two" talks between Japan and the United States, involving U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Defense Secretary Robert Gates and their Japanese counterparts.

"We notice the related report," Hong said, stressing China has always been a staunch advocate for regional peace and stability and an active player in boosting regional mutually-beneficial cooperation.

Hong said China sticks to the path of peaceful development, pursues the defensive policy which is defensive in nature and is committed to developing friendly ties with all countries, especially neighboring countries.

"We expect related countries to respect this fact, take a responsible attitude, contribute more to regional peace and stability and promote mutual trust," Hong said.

Japan-U.S. alliance should not go beyond bilateral scope: Chinese Foreign Ministry

I do not understand what regional peace these Chinese are talking about they are in bad relations with almost all there neighbors (except few),can anyone explain what type of peace is this ?

Sounds familiar. Don't all of your Neighbors have bad relations with you no exceptions?

Sounds familiar. Don't all of your Neighbors have bad relations with you no exceptions?
First of all not all countries ,we have differences with pakistan and i think that will remain like that only.
At least we do not talk about regional peace on one hand and sell nuclear weapons to rouge states by other hand !

China on Thursday said the Japan-U.S. alliance should not go beyond its bilateral scope.

"Japan-U.S.alliance is a bilateral arrangement created under special historical conditions and should not go beyond its bilateral scope," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a news briefing on Thursday.

Hong's comments came after a joint statement released by Japan and the United States calling for China to play a constructive role in regional stability.

The statement was issued following the "two-plus-two" talks between Japan and the United States, involving U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Defense Secretary Robert Gates and their Japanese counterparts."We notice the related report," Hong said, stressing China has always been a staunch advocate for regional peace and stability and an active player in boosting regional mutually-beneficial cooperation.

Hong said China sticks to the path of peaceful development, pursues the defensive policy which is defensive in nature and is committed to developing friendly ties with all countries, especially neighboring countries.

"We expect related countries to respect this fact, take a responsible attitude, contribute more to regional peace and stability and promote mutual trust," Hong said.

Japan-U.S. alliance should not go beyond bilateral scope: Chinese Foreign Ministry

The statement was issued after two-plus-two !!!!

All the four involved still belong to only two countries - Japan and USA.

It was a bilateral meeting.

Looks like some chinese translator made a mistake in his or her interpretation of two-plus-two, when representing the news to the chinese government.

There are no FOUR nations involved .... Hell.

I can answer: "Peace on their mouths and war in their actions"! China is a big liar in Asia!

Yep, If China can control East sea, they will not allow USA's, Japan's cargo ships move freely, so they can take revenge on Japan.

We VN-Japan should stand shoulder by shoulder, bro ^^
Don't worry NiceGuy's Japanese account. You'll get your banning in due time
Man,NiceGuy not so bad like that.^^

Yep, If China can control East sea, they will not allow USA's, Japan's cargo ships move freely, so they can take revenge on Japan.

We VN-Japan should stand shoulder by shoulder, bro ^^

Man,NiceGuy not so bad like that.^^

You can talk with Chinese nutters but I can't, I don't want to send my weekend to talk with psychos! I think China became a really worry for most of nations in Asia. They don't want to live in peace with us, they will become the invader who start a big war in Asia.

Do you like answering yourself much?

Hehe, are you obsessed by NiceGuy ??worry about China economy's strength first
China Accounting Scandals Put Big Four on Red Alert

The string of accounting problems and stock plunges at publicly traded Chinese groups has sparked deep concerns across the world's biggest audit firms, putting the so-called Big Four on alert from worries that their reputation could be brought down along with a growing list of stricken companies.

Auditing Chinese firms preparing to go public on overseas exchanges is a lucrative business and one that plays into the strengths of the top, international auditing partnerships known as the Big Four: KPMG, Ernst & Young, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Yet fears are growing that the struggle to find enough high-quality auditors in China and Hong Kong means it may only be a matter of time until one of the top firms finds itself caught in a blow-up rivaling Enron, which brought down their old rival Arthur Andersen.

"Costs have gone up, fees have gone down, as competition for fees is enormous. You can easily see there is a real risk of an audit firm failing," said Paul Winkelmann, the partner in charge of risk and compliance for PWC in Greater China.

According to interviews with professionals at the four firms, each firm is getting more and more cautious about the work they take on from mainland companies looking to IPO.

"The whole industry, I will say, is very sensitive and cautious to China IPOs," said an auditor at one of the Big Four, who handles IPO work, who did not want to be named.
News Headlines

China is just not trong enough to threaten Japan.^^

You can talk with Chinese nutters but I can't, I don't want to send my weekend to talk with psychos! I think China became a really worry for most of nations in Asia. They don't want to live in peace with us, they will become the invader who start a big war in Asia.

Only psycho here is you. You're talking to one of your own accounts.

Back
Top Bottom