What's new

Japan to Invest $20 Billion in Indian Solar Power

True bro, plus also counting in this generation of Indian has the most number of Youngster, that means sheer man power and new thinking is coming in.

Hey Buddy,

Definitely! The population growth and age dynamic is a stellar sign for potential for the Indian industrial sectors. The Indian economy has undergone enormous changes in its underlying policy framework since 1991. The old industrial and trade policy regime was replaced by a set of more liberal economic policies in 1991. As part of its reform process, India liberalized its policies both in the internal and external sectors, in an effort to render Indian manufacturing more productive and competitive in the international markets, and also to facilitate the more effective use of factor inputs.

The net impact of these economic reforms has been readily observable in terms of heavy inflow of foreign capital, foreign exchange reserves and a steady and increased of rate of economic growth. Going by the common measure of globalization , India’s total trade (merchandise exports plus imports), as a proportion of GDP, grew from 21% in 1997 to 35% in 2007-2008. If we use an expanded measure of globalization, nmaley the ratio of total external transactions to GDP , this ration increased from 47% in 1997-1998 to 117% in 2007-2008. These numbers are clear evidence of India’s increasing integration into the world economy over the last 10 years ! And remember, it has just been roughly around 24 years since India implemented these necessary reforms ! The future definitely is bright for India and the future generations that will tap into the heralded reforms of 1991.

Jai Hind!

Reference:

Saravanakumar, M., & Kim, T. (2012). The Impacts Of Economic Reforms On Efficiency Improvement And Technological Progress In Indian Manufacturing. Journal Of Developing Areas, 46(1), 315-329.

Good job INDIA. Way to go!!!

Not just India, my friend, Good Job to SOUTH ASIA, and GOOD JOB FOR ASIA !

Remember, that the necessary reforms implemented by India regarding market integration as well as energy markets has traditionally been implicated and shared by her neighbors; Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.

So, absent political differences, economic reforms in India is a victory for not just India the country, but for the entire South Asian Region , and the wider Developing World.

:)

Good job INDIA. Way to go!!!
Bro promote those things in Pakistan too, Public does it all, its the people who need to rise and protest and get things done. Now in India, people feel its there duty to pay taxes, thus tax collection has gone so high in recent years, though it still needs to become better as a society.

So while China is building economic corridor here, Japan is investing heavily in India. Its a win-win for both countries. Then why the heck is complaining when its getting more FDI from other countries?
India raises objections over China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
India raises objections over China-Pakistan Economic Corridor - The Express Tribune
The reason was the disputed land, the corridor goes from the Disputed territory, thus its India's stance over it. But if you want to develop ignore it. It's that simple.

The reason was the disputed land, the corridor goes from the Disputed territory, thus its India's stance over it. But if you want to develop ignore it. It's that simple.
I hope India doesn't star a war over it during development :)

I hope India doesn't star a war over it during development :)
I guess, India has never been the first one to start a war since independence, so there is no question about it, plus both countries poses nuclear weapons, so war is no stance, hopefully Pakistani leadership stops complaining and starts doing things.

True bro, plus also counting in this generation of Indian has the most number of Youngster, that means sheer man power and new thinking is coming in. Just need to wait and see patiently as it becomes big.

@Nihonjin1051 In Villages you will see solar powered lights, mostly in everyone of them, Traffic lights are also solar powered in many cities.

CHARANKA SOLAR PARK OVERVIEW – PV MODULES & INVERTER TECHNOLOGY DETAILS OF GUJARAT SOLAR PARK PROJECTS !
Posted on March 21, 2013by Urvish Dave
Of all the inquires that I process as a Solar Consultant and of all the interaction I have had with the current and future project developers & stakeholders of the upcoming solar power plant projects in India and apart from the Solar Project Finance issues in India that I mentioned in one of my previous blogs – One of the most common, tedious and often the biggest problems they faced or have to combat while one is planning to set up the solar plant are Land, suitable infrastructure & grid interconnection issues for solar power projects.

charanka-solar-park.jpg

View of Charanka Solar Park with Wind Mills at the back – Gujarat

While Gujarat has been India’s most successful state till date in implementing solar policy (Phase I & Phase II) and India’s leading state in terms of total installed capacity of solar power plants, Gujarat has also been wonderfully able to tackle the issues of suitable land development, Grid Infrastructure facility & power transmission facilities and more by successfully developing Asia’s Largest Solar Park known as ‘Charanka Solar Park’ !

CHARANKA SOLAR PARK – AN OCEAN OF SOLAR PANELS !
panoramic-view_charanka-solar-park.jpg

Panoramic View of Gujarat Solar Park

It’s nearly the first anniversary of Gujarat Charanka Solar Park housing about 216 MW+ Solar Power plants and is supposed to be Asia’s largest solar park even larger than China’s 200 MW Golmud Solar Park, and the single largest segment of a 600 MW, nearly 3,000 acre+ solar power field with wonderful infrastructure facilities available such as Roads, Water Pipeline, Water Treatment plant, Sewage treatment plant, Helipad, Water distribution network, internal plot fencing, Land levelled, compound wall, Fire station, Telecom network, 400/220/66 KV & 66 KV Auxiliary SS, Auxiliary Power Distribution Network & much more facilities !!!! making Gujarat Solar Park one of the most preferred destination in the world for the project developers to set up solar power plants. The Gujarat solar park at charanka has bagged several national & international awards / recognition among world solar arena.

guajrat-solar-park.jpg

An Ocean of Panels at Gujarat Solar Park

Spread across about 2024 ha {1080 ha GoG, 944 ha Pvt} area and with approx. capacity to house 500 MW, the solar park is developed mostly over the wasteland but with one of the best solar insolation / irradiation area identified in India. The solar park is expected to save around 8 million tonnes of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere and save around 900,000 tonnes of natural gas per year. More projects would be allotted to the Solar Park in near future with the much awaited announcement of eagerly anticipated Gujarat Solar Policy Phase III.

Out of the total installed solar power plants in Gujarat i.e. 820 MW+ — the Gujarat Solar Park currently is home to 16 Solar Projects with 216 MW+ of installed solar plant capacity and has emerged to be a true testing ground & laboratory for various Solar PV module technologies, Solar Inverter technologies and test of EPC execution capabilities for various stakeholders.

Below mentioned is the overview of various Solar PV Module technologies used in Gujarat Charanka Solar park projects, ratings of solar pv modules, Solar Inverter technology and their capacity details etc. for the Solar Projects installed at Gujarat Charanka Solar park.

charanka-solar-park_gujarat.jpg

Solar PV Modules & Inverter Technology Details of Gujarat – Charanka Solar Park Projects

Meanwhile among other solar developments in India, after various upcoming solar project policies & announcements from states like Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Bihar & Odhisa, recently the state of Punjab has issued RFP for setting up Solar Power projects.

And as far as the development of Solar REC Projects are concerned, the annual Solar REC generation potential has crossed 1,00,000 MWh as the Accredited capacity of solar projects in India has reached 70.51 MW as of March13 !!

And for the Project Developers willing to set up solar projects under REC mechanism in Gujarat – Anticipate some fruitful movement in the Gujarat Solar REC space shortly as things have started to move in the Solar REC arena in Gujarat!

Down the line in the future not far away lies the tremendous market potential for the Solar Roof Top plants in India coupled with Decentralized Solar Products and huge market for various Solar Cookers specially Parabolic Solar Cookers & Funnel Cookers! Further couple of my upcoming blog articles would specifically focus on the Roof Top Solar Plants and Solar Food Processing Sector, Potential & developments in India.

With all this recent solar project developments and announcements in the solar arena, it seems that now the Sun rises to create solar energy dominance in the global energy system. So, Join the movement & be a part of it contributing towards arguably the biggest energy revolution the history has witnessed – “The Solarization of the World” ! ;)

Till then….Cheers….

image3.jpg

Excellent piece of information, bro. The shear size of the Gujarat Solar Park captivates all of us ! The amount of power generated from this solar park should be copied in other parts , other states of India. For example, one of our members here @Darmashkian mentioned about the potential in Andhra Pradesh, Telagana, Tamil Nadu. Given India's size and her massive dependence on energy imports, the implementation of such solar farms can reduce this dependency and give what India strategically should focus on --- energy independence.

Excellent piece of information, bro. The shear size of the Gujarat Solar Park captivates all of us ! The amount of power generated from this solar park should be copied in other parts , other states of India. For example, one of our members here @Darmashkian mentioned about the potential in Andhra Pradesh, Telagana, Tamil Nadu. Given India's size and her massive dependence on energy imports, the implementation of such solar farms can reduce this dependency and give what India strategically should focus on --- energy independence.
Indeed bro

Indians should work a lot more with Japanese and learn what is it that enables Japan to innovate and create so many startling products. Indians have the science but in so many areas have not been able to convert

That's exactly what they mean when they say, "Work hard, pay no attention to criticism!" Its a common and popular saying in Japan and I think it applies to India, relevant in regards to the 'Make in India' strategy of the current Indian Government as well as Indian Business Lobby. An example of India's Global Edge is Tata Motor Corp (which now owns and supervises Land Rover, as well as Jaguar --- and rejuvinated the two companies, i must say!) , as well as the Leading Edge of Mahindra in regards to Farming Tools and Farming supplies. Even if we are to go outside vehicular transport sector, we notice that India is a leading force in the maritime shipbuiding sector as well as steel recycling ! These are just some examples of India's manufacturing capabilities , and you know what they are impressive considering that India is still a developing country, with ample room for qualitative improvement. That's why I'm definitely betting on India in the medium to long term as a definite engine of growth for the greater Asian region, and within the developing world.

Let's keep it up, guys ! Let's keep on moving forward. And definitely excited to see this strong partnership between India and Japan.

Hi @Asiatic Lion , yes, i was. :)

Thanks for your recommendation, buddy, will definitely check if they have that in steam.

Indeed we have our strengths but we are nowhere near pur potential,I hope that our partnership with one of the greatest nation on earth will help us realusize pur dream of becoming a developed country & reocuppy pur position as a great power which we were before the British
Also do post about Japanese contribution to India's DM Industrial Corridor in the dedicated thread

Back
Top Bottom