What's new

Japan to Invest $20 Billion in Indian Solar Power

For that we need the LAB of the Modi sarkar to be passed, once it is passed.

Most states in India:- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh,Jharkhand, Gujarat, Maharashtra etc etc will be ready to throw open the red carpet & many other incentives other than land :)

Just interesting that you mentioned Tamil Nadu, my friend. There is a very large Tamil population in Japan, in fact most of the Indians who live / reside in Japan are from South India. Tamils and Keralites , for example, are aggressive when it comes to education in Japan. Hopefully we can see more Indian-Japanese partnerships in the states you mentioned: Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh,...HECK even Arunachal Pradesh !

:)

Telangana Minister K T Rama Rao would be visiting South Korea and Japan soon to hardsell the State to electronic hardware manufacturers. Noting that both the Centre and the Telangana Government were on the same page with their 'make locally' approach, Mr. Rama Rao said that there were plans to develop hardware cluster in Maheswaram, Medchal and Ghatkesar, all near Hyderabad.

Hope to see there would be some good deals with South Korea and Japan :)

Just curious, sholdn't it be the other way around?

Economic Supapowa India investing in Japan?

India is on the path towards developed status and when her infrastructure is developed at the levels seen in China, Japan, United States, Canada, Great Britain...then there's absolutely no reason why India cannot be considered a Superpower. She has the potential to become one; has the land size, has a gargantuan population, an educated work force, is a nuclear power, has potent military capabilities.

India is a developing country, and as a developing country has challenges ahead of her, but in her path is also countless opportunities.

There is no race , the point is that India is developing, progressing gradually and definitely. Let's reign in on that aspect, that reality.

Just interesting that you mentioned Tamil Nadu, my friend. There is a very large Tamil population in Japan, in fact most of the Indians who live / reside in Japan are from South India. Tamils and Keralites , for example, are aggressive when it comes to education in Japan. Hopefully we can see more Indian-Japanese partnerships in the states you mentioned: Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh,...HECK even Arunachal Pradesh !

:)

My friend(I don't what it is in Japanese, it is స్నేహితుడు(snehitudu) in Telugu)

TN is a highly urbanised+industrialised state(compared to the rest of India) with a strong/determined CM who will attract do everything in her power to get investments for Tamil Nadu, which is why I mentioned it..

Tamils & Keralites are not the only ones aggressive in Education :) , even we Telugus(Telangana & Andhra Pradesh) can be very aggressive when we want to.(with the exclusion of me,of course :P ) It's obvious you haven't seen many of us in Japan

Wait What am I saying??

Honestly speaking ANY Indian from ANY state can be aggressive when it comes to education, All they need is the incentive,help & awareness :)

Yes we will see more partnership with most of the above states(am personally a little doubtful about Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal). & Kerala too has a lot of potential for investment in IT &renewable energy, but I doubt whether any Japanese manufacturing companies will actually come to invest here.

My friend(I don't what it is in Japanese, it is స్నేహితుడు(snehitudu) in Telugu)

TN is a highly urbanised+industrialised state(compared to the rest of India) with a strong/determined CM who will attract do everything in her power to get investments for Tamil Nadu, which is why I mentioned it..

Tamils & Keralites are not the only ones aggressive in Education :) , even we Telugus(Telangana & Andhra Pradesh) can be very aggressive when we want to.(with the exclusion of me,of course :P ) It's obvious you haven't seen many of us in Japan

Wait What am I saying??

Honestly speaking ANY Indian from ANY state can be aggressive when it comes to education, All they need is the incentive,help & awareness :)

Yes we will see more partnership with most of the above states(am personally a little doubtful about Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal). & Kerala too has a lot of potential for investment in IT &renewable energy, but I doubt whether any Japanese manufacturing companies will actually come to invest here.

Telagana, isn't that where the city of Hyderbad is located in, buddy? And thank you for that excellent analysis of the States of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. Great !

Telagana, isn't that where the city of Hyderbad is located in, buddy? And thank you for that excellent analysis of the States of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. Great !
Yep Hyderabad is the capital city of Telangana State.

By the way do you know of any online resources(websites,e-books) /books which I could use to help me learn Japanese & it's scripts (kanji,hiragana)

Yep Hyderabad is the capital city of Telangana State.

By the way do you know of any online resources(websites,e-books) /books which I could use to help me learn Japanese & it's scripts (kanji,hiragana)

Ah, that's interesting ! I have a friend who is from Hyderabad, isn't it true that people in Hyderabad also speak , besudes Telugu, Urdu?

As for a great learning source? I would recommend either Rosetta Stone, but there are also other great sources sucha s:

Learn Japanese Online for Free - it's fun with easy flash quizes!

Learn Japanese Free - Learn Japanese Online - Livemocha

Thanks japnese folks...
Hey i have been to Japan for my business trip and remind it is the most fantastic country compared to even china. In china you don't have much opportunities to enjoy but if you are in Japan you will enjoy every second.
Just i have something to say take it as a request-
Please could you give me all the series of Final Fantasy. I am just the Die hard fan of Final fantasy movies. I like the Final fantasy advent children series.:cheesy::cheesy:
I remember in my old days i was ready to die for them but now i don't have enough time.
Also i love that thing whose name i forgot- the process in which you can book a bed for you i think so for when you die

Me 2.... along with Naruto...specially soundtrack :smitten::smitten::smitten:...I usually play these in my guitar

Ah, that's interesting ! I have a friend who is from Hyderabad, isn't it true that people in Hyderabad also speak , besudes Telugu, Urdu?

As for a great learning source? I would recommend either Rosetta Stone, but there are also other great sources sucha s:

Learn Japanese Online for Free - it's fun with easy flash quizes!

Learn Japanese Free - Learn Japanese Online - Livemocha

Before independence,Hyderabad was the capital of the Nizams(who had ruled for more than 150 years) who endorsed Urdu & Persian & looked down on Telugu(mother tongue of most Telanganaites). Before 1947, Hyderabad(city) was generally dominated by Urdu speakers especially in the Old City.

After independence, Hyderabad became the capital of the then state of Hyderabad(which included some parts of Maharashtra & karnataka) & then in 1956 the capital of United Andhra Pradesh(Telangana+Andhra Pradesh right now), due to which there was a lot of migration towards Hyderabad making the city more 'Telugu' . Also thanks to the IT boom, Hindi is spoken widely in the city(Hindi is closely related to Urdu).

Thus, Most Hyderabadis are multi-lingual.

So yes most people in Hyderabad speak more than one language(Telugu+Hindi/Urdu).English is also spoken & in some localities Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada(from northern Karnataka) & bengali are spoken where people whose mother tongue is one of the stated languages dominate..

THanks for providing those sites. Can you tell me how I can learn the scripts in which Japanese is written?

When Chandra Babu Naidu(CM of AP) visited Japan & it's PM Abe Shinzo-Sama a few months back regarding the new capital of AP , I remember that he had a few meetings with many corporates & industrialists,Softbank &it's CEO Son Masayoshi shi among them

Solar projects: Japan’s Softbank offers to make AP a model State

Japan’s Softbank Corp. founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Masayoshi Son on Tuesday met Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu and offered to make Andhra Pradesh a model State in solar and wind hybrid projects in the country.

During the meeting, he informed Mr. Naidu that Softbank was interested to collaborate with the Government of Andhra Pradesh in renewable energy. Nikesh Arora, president of Japan’s Softbank Corp. and Sunil Bharti Mittal, chairman of Bharti Enterprises too were present.

Mr. Son said he met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday and promised to make $20 billion investments in solar and wind energy projects in the next 10 years. He said Soft Bank has formed a joint venture with Bharti Enterprises to make investments in renewable energy. India can become probably the largest country for solar energy, he added.

Explaining the advantages offered by Andhra Pradesh, the Chief Minister told Mr. Son the State has a long coast which makes it a potential logistics hub for South East Asia. Mr. Naidu informed Mr. Son that AP has unveiled Solar and Wind policies that allow solar and wind hybrid model projects. Seeking Soft Bank’s collaboration in renewable energy, he said “ We need your support in working on socially responsible programs and in a sustainable way”.

He also told him that AP has T&D losses at 10.6 per cent they would be brought down to 5-6 per cent in two to three years, on par with international standards. “We have surplus power and water. We’ve turned our State around from a power-deficit to an energy secure State,” he added.

He also suggested to Softbank to explore ways of collaboration in hardware (electronics). The Chief Minister explained how AP has succeeded in plugging leakages in the Public Distribution System through e-Pos where the government has saved nearly Rs. 50 crore by increasing the efficiency by 14.2 per cent. Mr. Son said Softbank was focussing on renewable energy because it believed in the need to be responsible for future generations without relying completely on non-renewable energy.

Solar projects: Japan’s Softbank offers to make AP a model State - The Hindu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green energy: SoftBank, others to invest in Andhra Pradesh
The company said it will work to make Andhra Pradesh a model state in the country in solar and wind hybrid power projects

Hyderabad: Japan’s SoftBank Corp, which pledged to invest at least $20 billion in solar energy projects in India, on Tuesday said it will collaborate with the Andhra Pradesh government in the renewable energy sector.

SoftBank chairman and chief executive Masayoshi Son said the company will work to make Andhra Pradesh a model state in the country in solar and wind hybrid power projects, a state government statement said.

Son gave these assurances at a meeting with chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu in Hyderabad, whom he met along with Bharti Enterprises chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal and SoftBank’s president Nikesh Arora. The chief minister had met Son during a visit to Japan in November last year.

“These projects will not only boost the economy but also provide employment to people. The reason SoftBank is focussing on renewable energy is because we believe we need to be responsible for our future generations without relying completely on non-renewable energy,” Son said in the statement.

SoftBank on Monday said it is partnering with Bharti Enterprises and Foxconn to set up a clean energy venture SBS Cleantech Ltd. to invest in and develop at least 20 gigawatt of solar energy in the country. SoftBank will retain majority stake in the joint venture.

The federal government aims to increase the share of renewables in the energy mix and has set a target to generate 100 gigawatt of solar energy and 60 gigawatt of wind energy by 2022.

Pitching the state as a manufacturing hub, Naidu asked Son to explore collaboration in electronics manufacturing space in the state. “On the East Coast, Andhra Pradesh has an advantage of serving and exporting goods to south eastern markets like Malaysia, Singapore, China, etc.,” Naidu said in the statement.

Naidu has been looking for investment to transform Andhra Pradesh, which has the longest coastline in the eastern part of the country, into a logistics hub for Southeast Asia.

Green energy: SoftBank, others to invest in Andhra Pradesh - Livemint

Andrea pradesh is just the right place to begin for Japan, Chandrasekhar Babu Naidu is a very far sighted man. :)
I hope India doesn't have to build any more NPP.

Before independence,Hyderabad was the capital of the Nizams(who had ruled for more than 150 years) who endorsed Urdu & Persian & looked down on Telugu(mother tongue of most Telanganaites). Before 1947, Hyderabad(city) was generally dominated by Urdu speakers especially in the Old City.

After independence, Hyderabad became the capital of the then state of Hyderabad(which included some parts of Maharashtra & karnataka) & then in 1956 the capital of United Andhra Pradesh(Telangana+Andhra Pradesh right now), due to which there was a lot of migration towards Hyderabad making the city more 'Telugu' . Also thanks to the IT boom, Hindi is spoken widely in the city(Hindi is closely related to Urdu).

Thus, Most Hyderabadis are multi-lingual.

So yes most people in Hyderabad speak more than one language(Telugu+Hindi/Urdu).English is also spoken & in some localities Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada(from northern Karnataka) & bengali are spoken where people whose mother tongue is one of the stated languages dominate..

THanks for providing those sites. Can you tell me how I can learn the scripts in which Japanese is written?

Hi buddy @Darmashkian !

Thank you so much for that reflective analysis and historical lesson on the state of Hyderabad (i didn'nt know that it had included parts of Maharashtra and Karnataka). It is very impressive to see that Hyderabadis are able to speak no tonly their native dialect of Telugu, but can also understand Urdu and then also the national language -- Hindi. Not to mention English ! Without a doubt people from Hyderabad have the strength in being polyglots !

Second, I have always been fascinated by the history of India, specifically in recent memory and my fondness for Marathi as well as Mughal Empires have led to me (in the past that is) read into Indian local histories as well as Indian military history. Truly captivating subject matter.

Third, in learning Japanese characters , I will recommend you visit those sites i mentioned. There are three major writing scripts in Japanese: 1) Kanji, 2) Hiragana, 3) Katakana. Kanji is based on Chinese characters (Hanzi), whereas the latter two Hiragana and Katakana are actually phonetically based. Very similar to how the Indian writing script is based on phonetics. The best way is to start off with Kanji first. Then go on to Hiragana / Katakana. And practice writing ! I recommend you get a white paper pad , red , black and blue pens. Practice, practice and practice !

Regards,
@Nihonjin1051

Into the Arms of the Rising Sun !

solar_farm_reuters.jpg

1435085541305.jpg

IndiaTvc1c763_Untitled-1.jpg

chandrababu-naidu-twitter.jpg

Great news long live Indo-Japanese ties

This is not included in Japan's planned $35 Billion investments for India.

Japan is pouring , truly, significant amount of monetary investments in India.

And rightly so because India (as well as the rest of South Asia) will be the new engine of growth for Asia in the medium term future. I hope we can double investments in India to at least $100 Billion.

Japan must invest in the "Make In India" ! :)

India's make in India will automatically mean a boost to made in Japan
On topic
The main reason for power outages is not the lack of power gebrartion but problems in transmission network & sad state of affairs of state DISCOMs

I believe we are already very near to a point where Solar energy cost will rival that of fossil fuels.

There is one more Solar Power plant being built in Telangana state near Adilabad, quite big spread in about 500 Acre being built by Mahindra would supply around 20 MW or something don't remember, to the farmers in that area. The workers work on the Solar Plant on daily wages as high as 1000 Rs which is quite high compared to Indian Standards.

That's a lot considerconsideringr brother makes around 20k a month (its his 1st job though)

India is on the path towards developed status and when her infrastructure is developed at the levels seen in China, Japan, United States, Canada, Great Britain...then there's absolutely no reason why India cannot be considered a Superpower. She has the potential to become one; has the land size, has a gargantuan population, an educated work force, is a nuclear power, has potent military capabilities.

India is a developing country, and as a developing country has challenges ahead of her, but in her path is also countless opportunities.

There is no race , the point is that India is developing, progressing gradually and definitely. Let's reign in on that aspect, that reality.

Plz don't use the word superpower or else the thread will become a troll thread

Andrea pradesh is just the right place to begin for Japan, Chandrasekhar Babu Naidu is a very far sighted man. :)
I hope India doesn't have to build any more NPP.

I don't agree with your last commentb

Back
Top Bottom