What's new

Japan to Invest $20 Billion in Indian Solar Power

Just interesting that you mentioned Tamil Nadu, my friend. There is a very large Tamil population in Japan, in fact most of the Indians who live / reside in Japan are from South India. Tamils and Keralites , for example, are aggressive when it comes to education in Japan. Hopefully we can see more Indian-Japanese partnerships in the states you mentioned: Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh,...HECK even Arunachal Pradesh !

:)
lol!! He knows about Indian geography and Current affairs more than I do..

Well most of 'em on the forum are NPP supporters, and call it a necessary evil so I'm not surprised at your comment.
But that's being myopic...

We should continue on our path to become one of the leading nations in nuclear research it is the fuel of the future

@SpArK @Hindustani78 @hinduguy @Water Car Engineer @levina @AUSTERLITZ @nair et al,

Great to see the budding relationship Japan has with India in the renewable resource industry, particularly the solar industry. Great, great, great!

---------------

Japan to Invest $20 Billion in Indian Solar Power

238E83EB-1CA4-4DD9-922D-5FDC0A52F0E0_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy2_cw0.jpg

Seems impressive!

My guess is that it will soon become duel-used under Modi ji.

...even though it's not indoor, but hey, at least it looks like covered... :dance3:

Yes, true that, I was also quite shocked to hear that but that's what the farmers in that Area said. I guess mahindra wants the work to be done faster, work more earn more

That's exactly what they mean when they say, "Work hard, pay no attention to criticism!" Its a common and popular saying in Japan and I think it applies to India, relevant in regards to the 'Make in India' strategy of the current Indian Government as well as Indian Business Lobby. An example of India's Global Edge is Tata Motor Corp (which now owns and supervises Land Rover, as well as Jaguar --- and rejuvinated the two companies, i must say!) , as well as the Leading Edge of Mahindra in regards to Farming Tools and Farming supplies. Even if we are to go outside vehicular transport sector, we notice that India is a leading force in the maritime shipbuiding sector as well as steel recycling ! These are just some examples of India's manufacturing capabilities , and you know what they are impressive considering that India is still a developing country, with ample room for qualitative improvement. That's why I'm definitely betting on India in the medium to long term as a definite engine of growth for the greater Asian region, and within the developing world.

Let's keep it up, guys ! Let's keep on moving forward. And definitely excited to see this strong partnership between India and Japan.

hey are u Navy guy sir ?
if yes than u should try "Naval Front line game" :)

Hi @Asiatic Lion , yes, i was. :)

Thanks for your recommendation, buddy, will definitely check if they have that in steam.

NPP comes with its risks. :)

Sure they come but if safety procedures are followed by the book no NPP will meltdown or something like that,don't forget both in Fukushima & Japan rules were ignored along with the safety guidelines.Also in a country like India where land is scare NPP will always find a place

Only problem with Solar power is that it requires much more land. Solar parks can be developed in states where agriculture is not done on massive scale.

You can make Solar plants on canals just like in Gujarat, Saves water and produced electricity.

6960147106_cee2fbd894_b.jpg

120422035758-earth-day-india-canal2-horizontal-gallery.jpg

This is one of the biggest

@Georgeclark ,

There definitely is a win win scenario in regards to India and Solar Power. India as a large consumer nation and one that will be investing in solar power to augment its energy grid poses a profitable source for investors , ergo Japan. India will be one of the largest solar powered nations in the world, just on the basis of her shear gargantuan population size.

It is not only China, but India !

Come now, imagine, we are referring to a nation of over 1.2 Billion people and growing !

@Georgeclark ,

There definitely is a win win scenario in regards to India and Solar Power. India as a large consumer nation and one that will be investing in solar power to augment its energy grid poses a profitable source for investors , ergo Japan. India will be one of the largest solar powered nations in the world, just on the basis of her shear gargantuan population size.

It is not only China, but India !

Come now, imagine, we are referring to a nation of over 1.2 Billion people and growing !

True bro, plus also counting in this generation of Indian has the most number of Youngster, that means sheer man power and new thinking is coming in. Just need to wait and see patiently as it becomes big.

@Nihonjin1051 In Villages you will see solar powered lights, mostly in everyone of them, Traffic lights are also solar powered in many cities.

CHARANKA SOLAR PARK OVERVIEW – PV MODULES & INVERTER TECHNOLOGY DETAILS OF GUJARAT SOLAR PARK PROJECTS !
Posted on March 21, 2013by Urvish Dave
Of all the inquires that I process as a Solar Consultant and of all the interaction I have had with the current and future project developers & stakeholders of the upcoming solar power plant projects in India and apart from the Solar Project Finance issues in India that I mentioned in one of my previous blogs – One of the most common, tedious and often the biggest problems they faced or have to combat while one is planning to set up the solar plant are Land, suitable infrastructure & grid interconnection issues for solar power projects.

charanka-solar-park.jpg

View of Charanka Solar Park with Wind Mills at the back – Gujarat

While Gujarat has been India’s most successful state till date in implementing solar policy (Phase I & Phase II) and India’s leading state in terms of total installed capacity of solar power plants, Gujarat has also been wonderfully able to tackle the issues of suitable land development, Grid Infrastructure facility & power transmission facilities and more by successfully developing Asia’s Largest Solar Park known as ‘Charanka Solar Park’ !

CHARANKA SOLAR PARK – AN OCEAN OF SOLAR PANELS !
panoramic-view_charanka-solar-park.jpg

Panoramic View of Gujarat Solar Park

It’s nearly the first anniversary of Gujarat Charanka Solar Park housing about 216 MW+ Solar Power plants and is supposed to be Asia’s largest solar park even larger than China’s 200 MW Golmud Solar Park, and the single largest segment of a 600 MW, nearly 3,000 acre+ solar power field with wonderful infrastructure facilities available such as Roads, Water Pipeline, Water Treatment plant, Sewage treatment plant, Helipad, Water distribution network, internal plot fencing, Land levelled, compound wall, Fire station, Telecom network, 400/220/66 KV & 66 KV Auxiliary SS, Auxiliary Power Distribution Network & much more facilities !!!! making Gujarat Solar Park one of the most preferred destination in the world for the project developers to set up solar power plants. The Gujarat solar park at charanka has bagged several national & international awards / recognition among world solar arena.

guajrat-solar-park.jpg

An Ocean of Panels at Gujarat Solar Park

Spread across about 2024 ha {1080 ha GoG, 944 ha Pvt} area and with approx. capacity to house 500 MW, the solar park is developed mostly over the wasteland but with one of the best solar insolation / irradiation area identified in India. The solar park is expected to save around 8 million tonnes of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere and save around 900,000 tonnes of natural gas per year. More projects would be allotted to the Solar Park in near future with the much awaited announcement of eagerly anticipated Gujarat Solar Policy Phase III.

Out of the total installed solar power plants in Gujarat i.e. 820 MW+ — the Gujarat Solar Park currently is home to 16 Solar Projects with 216 MW+ of installed solar plant capacity and has emerged to be a true testing ground & laboratory for various Solar PV module technologies, Solar Inverter technologies and test of EPC execution capabilities for various stakeholders.

Below mentioned is the overview of various Solar PV Module technologies used in Gujarat Charanka Solar park projects, ratings of solar pv modules, Solar Inverter technology and their capacity details etc. for the Solar Projects installed at Gujarat Charanka Solar park.

charanka-solar-park_gujarat.jpg

Solar PV Modules & Inverter Technology Details of Gujarat – Charanka Solar Park Projects

Meanwhile among other solar developments in India, after various upcoming solar project policies & announcements from states like Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Bihar & Odhisa, recently the state of Punjab has issued RFP for setting up Solar Power projects.

And as far as the development of Solar REC Projects are concerned, the annual Solar REC generation potential has crossed 1,00,000 MWh as the Accredited capacity of solar projects in India has reached 70.51 MW as of March13 !!

And for the Project Developers willing to set up solar projects under REC mechanism in Gujarat – Anticipate some fruitful movement in the Gujarat Solar REC space shortly as things have started to move in the Solar REC arena in Gujarat!

Down the line in the future not far away lies the tremendous market potential for the Solar Roof Top plants in India coupled with Decentralized Solar Products and huge market for various Solar Cookers specially Parabolic Solar Cookers & Funnel Cookers! Further couple of my upcoming blog articles would specifically focus on the Roof Top Solar Plants and Solar Food Processing Sector, Potential & developments in India.

With all this recent solar project developments and announcements in the solar arena, it seems that now the Sun rises to create solar energy dominance in the global energy system. So, Join the movement & be a part of it contributing towards arguably the biggest energy revolution the history has witnessed – “The Solarization of the World” ! ;)

Till then….Cheers….

image3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom