What's new

Japan to Invest $20 Billion in Indian Solar Power

There's so many overlapping interests both Japan and India share and definitely a potential for increased strategic cooperation between the two nations. I've always been a firm believer that India, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea and the United States are potent centrifugal forces to keep stability in the Indian and Pacific Ocean Region(s). Gonsidering the fact that most of the world's trade traverses through these two oceans. You mentioned Exercise Malabar in your last post --- i agree that that's one platform in how Japan and India and the United States can coordinate with each other for maritime freedom of navigation and maritime stability.

Glad to know you also been to Japan, buddy. I'm originally from Sapporo, but currently finishing up some work in the 'states. :)

PS. How do you like working in the Japanese Embassy? ;)
So you're from Hokkaido!

What's Hokkaido like?? & are you related to any of the Ainu people, I always have been rather fascinated about Hokkaido & the Ainu people for some inexplicable reason.

& lastly can you tell me what is the general opinion of India & it's people among those in Japan??
_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep Rajasthan has tremendous potential in this field taking it's location & weather into consideration..That's why it investing heavily in it & going all out on it. It's giving heavy competition to many North Indian states & Gujarat.

Rajasthan pips Gujarat in solar power, becomes No. 1 in country - The Times of India
According to data released by the Union ministry of new and renewable energy on June 4, 2015, Rajasthan has grabbed the number one position in the country with an installed capacity of 1,167 megawatt against Gujarat's 1,000MW.
Kumar said that Rajasthan is poised to become an export hub for solar energy in the country as many companies, in order to meet their renewable power purchase obligation, are looking to put up plant in the state under the open access system, which will allow them to draw power at their desired locations.

In the last one year, Rajasthan government has inked agreements with private players to develop solar parks with a cumulative capacity of 26,000 MW. Once fully operational, these parks can attract investments worth more than Rs 1.50 lakh crore.

The state has also signed MoUs with power developers like SunEdison, Adani Enterprises, Reliance Power and Azure Power that will require about Rs 85,000 crore for generating 14,000 MW solar power. "Rajasthan has the highest solar radiation in the country. Solar energy requires lot of land, which the state has in plenty. We have tried to capitalize on these advantages in the state's new solar policy announced in 2014. There is a strong lineup of projects which will be developed in the near future," said B K Doshi, managing director of Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation.

Rajasthan pips Gujarat in solar power, becomes No. 1 in country - The Times of India
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vasundhara Raje hardsells Rajasthan to partner with SoftBank | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

Raje hardsells Rajasthan to Soft Bank chief | Business Standard News
Raje, on her part, briefed the accompanying delegation about investment opportunities and partnerships in the state.
She made a special mention of public-private partnerships and the existing social and economic infrastructure.

& regarding the proton thread, I can tell you that unless the Malaysian govt. reduces it's control over Proton or unless the mentality of those running it inexplicably changes/someone who actually knows his job comes it. The Chances of any change in it's fortunes is very low.

It is great. The best part is I get all the Indian holidays as leave and Japanese ones too :) and weekends are off too. So it's not too hectic and leaves me a lot of time to pursue my other interests.

The second thing is everyone is very courteous and ethical. I have worked for American and French Embassy too in past but their work ethic leaves a lot to be desired. Westerners always want me to use my Indian connections to get them favors in India but Japanese Embassy Folks never try to take advantage of their Indian employees.

The Ambassador is also extremely humble, initially i had heard a lot about how Japanese people are very hierarchical and you should never approach some one as high as ambassador directly. But once i joined the embassy he personally invited me to dinner with his family and asked me to approach him directly regarding any matter. I never had that kind of access with ambassadors of other countries.

He even came to my wedding and visited my home when my son was born.

I must say a large share of credit regarding Indo-Japanese relationship goes to your ambassador.

I can't discuss much about the relationship between our countries outside of what is publicly known but just let me tell you that Party has just Started!
If what you say is true.. then it is very good :)

Can you tell me what the Japanese plan for the state of Andhra Pradesh & what they think about it;s CM Chandra Babu Naidu

Solar radiation in india

a1.jpg

It can be seen from the map that Rajasthan, Gujarat, West Madhya Pradesh and North Maharashtra receive more than 3,000 to 3,200 hours of bright sunshine in a year. Over 2,600 to 2,800 hours of bright sunshine are available over the rest of the country, except Kerala, the North-Eastern states, and Jammu & Kashmir where they are appreciably lower.

Tamilnadu has reasonably high solar insolation (5.6-6.0 kWh/sq.m) with around 300 clear sunny days in a year.

Impressive ! So much potential, seriously, for Northwest and Northern India to become Solar Plantations ! Imagine if India organizes its CSP systems ! India will be an energy producer , and hopefully a next exporter !

India is moving in the right direction.

India produced 2,71,722 MW of electricity which is 3rd largest producer in the world.Just Feb to March ,2015 added more than 6500 MW from various sources to grid in a month.

If what you say is true.. then it is very good :)

Can you tell me what the Japanese plan for the state of Andhra Pradesh & what they think about it;s CM Chandra Babu Naidu

Look Japanese people never comment on Indian policy or their politicians usually and when they do they are very courteous and diplomatic. So I imagine only good things have been said.

AFAIK there have been couple of high profile visits to AP from Japanese Agencies scouting for investment destinations. We have also received an invitation from Mr. Naidu to the Japanese PM to visit AP when he is in India.

I think you can google for more details, my area of expertise is financial markets. The political liaison would have further details on any specific thing you want to know. Just write an email and you would get an answer within a week

Look Japanese people never comment on Indian policy or their politicians usually and when they do they are very courteous and diplomatic. So I imagine only good things have been said.

AFAIK there have been couple of high profile visits to AP from Japanese Agencies scouting for investment destinations. We have also received an invitation from Mr. Naidu to the Japanese PM to visit AP when he is in India.

I think you can google for more details, my area of expertise is financial markets. The political liaison would have further details on any specific you want to know. Just write an email and you would get a specific answer within a week
Thank you very much for your response, Sir :)

& yes Naidu desperately wants Abe Shinzo San to come to AP & attend the foundation ceremony of AP's new capital. Expect more requests from him on this issue.

& lastly speaking, can you tell me how one can get to work in the embassy of a foreign country like you(France,USA & then Japan) despite being an Indian?
Impressive ! So much potential, seriously, for Northwest and Northern India to become Solar Plantations ! Imagine if India organizes its CSP systems ! India will be an energy producer , and hopefully a next exporter !

India is moving in the right direction.
Exactly, even South-East TN has a lot of potential, it receives as much solar radiation as North-West India does..

TN,MP,Gujarat,Rajasthan,Maharashtra,TG,AP & Delhi(in the above belts) are all moving towards solar power & heavily investing in it

Now only if the UP govt. had more sense+some dedication to work for the public, instead of playing politics..

& yes Naidu desperately wants Abe Shinzo San to come to AP & attend the foundation ceremony of AP's new capital. Expect more requests from him on this issue.

& lastly speaking, can you tell me how one can get to work in the embassy of a foreign country like you(France,USA & then Japan) despite being an Indian?

Embassies regularly put out advertisements in local papers looking for qualified people. For example currently we have staff of around 70 analysts in Japanese embassy who work under different section head. Embassies are a huge enterprise and they need local people who have good understanding of their native country.

Generally the most frequent requirements are of lawyers and translators

At 750MW, Madhya Pradesh to get world’s largest solar power plant - The Times of India

Exactly, even South-East TN has a lot of potential, it receives as much solar radiation as North-West India does..

TN,MP,Gujarat,Rajasthan,Maharashtra,TG,AP & Delhi(in the above belts) are all moving towards solar power & heavily investing in it

Now only if the UP govt. had more sense+some dedication to work for the public, instead of playing politics..

The problem for UP,Bihar is that they always choose wrong politicians who are not sincere to their state

what is the estimated total requirement for power in India, counting electrification of 100% of population and industries?

what is the estimated total requirement for power in India, counting electrification of 100% of population and industries?

I don't think there is statistics for that, every year production increases and consumption increases.It's like cat and mouse game.

It is great. The best part is I get all the Indian holidays as leave and Japanese ones too :) and weekends are off too. So it's not too hectic and leaves me a lot of time to pursue my other interests.

The second thing is everyone is very courteous and ethical. I have worked for American and French Embassy too in past but their work ethic leaves a lot to be desired. Westerners always want me to use my Indian connections to get them favors in India but Japanese Embassy Folks never try to take advantage of their Indian employees.

The Ambassador is also extremely humble, initially i had heard a lot about how Japanese people are very hierarchical and you should never approach some one as high as ambassador directly. But once i joined the embassy he personally invited me to dinner with his family and asked me to approach him directly regarding any matter. I never had that kind of access with ambassadors of other countries.

He even came to my wedding and visited my home when my son was born.

I must say a large share of credit regarding Indo-Japanese relationship goes to your ambassador.

I can't discuss much about the relationship between our countries outside of what is publicly known but just let me tell you that Party has just Started!

Japanese know how to blend business and social life very well. Your boss inviting you to visit his family or visiting your family is unheard of in most cultures.

Japanese know how to blend business and social life very well. Your boss inviting you to visit his family or visiting your family is unheard of in most cultures.

Yeah, was a great surprise as well to me. Btw we Indians or rather all desis usually invite all and sundry to our weddings etc but it was a surprise when a person of such high stature graciously visits without no other agenda

Yeah, was a great surprise as well to me. Btw we Indians or rather all desis usually invite all and sundry to our weddings etc but it was a surprise when a person of such high stature graciously visits without no other agenda

Yea I was going to say that their work-social culture is very similar to us. I would imagine a developed and civilized India would be a lot like Japan is.

Back
Top Bottom