What's new

Japan to Build Modern Mass Transit System in Karachi

No idea about timeline. I hope this time it doesn't remain on paper.

The Trams are not bad but the Subways are crap. Only 2 lines and Union is the only major station. They are taking forever to build the York - Spadina Line and billions have been wasted. They just can't compete with European and East Asian cities. Toronto's urban planning is pretty poor.

I admit the system is one of the worst, but it works. Just takes more time to get home.
however if Karachi gets a similar system it will be a huge boost from current situation

karachi is not doing ehsaaaaan if generating revenue for PAKISTAN .... what i was saying is about the kachra pan... thousands of problems as compare to other cities... do u have any relationship with any party??? specially with mqm?? :lol::lol::lol:

come here??????? :lol::lol::lol: i was born here .... watching this kachra city since my child hood ... every thing is pissed off here day by day

Beta tum abhi bache ho zara 1 month karachi band karo tab samajh me ajaega ke ehsaan kya hota he aur har baat ko politics mein mat ghaseeto karachi ghareebon ki maa he bache

My friend leaving it for good is not the answer. Make it good is the right answer. We all must as individuals should make effort to avoid all such activities which can be called Karchra. This is our city and we have to protect it from becoming a dust bin. I know that we cannot change others but we can control our own self. One day Karachi will be better then any city in the world. This does not hold good for Karachi only. Even Lahore needs this effort or for that matter Pindi and Peshawar. Newly turning cosmopolitans can anticipate what went wrong in current megapolis and take corrective action from beginning.

For those who are in rift over Karachi, Lahore, Bhaya, Paindu, etc. My request would be to think Pakistan. We have already suffered a lot due to this prejudice. It is the same prejudice which made us lose our one arm. Don't make it worse any further. No one is feeding others everyone is contributing their bit. If Karachi is generating revenue through port, one must realise that the product exported from Karachi is not being produced in Karachi. It is coming from somewhere else. Those who are producing goods, they need this port for export of their product. It is a team, one entity which is supporting each other, just like a human body.

Pakistan Paindabad!!!

Totally agreed sir.

Beta tum abhi bache ho zara 1 month karachi band karo tab samajh me ajaega ke ehsaan kya hota he aur har baat ko politics mein mat ghaseeto karachi ghareebon ki maa he bache

sir jee ek month karachi ko bund??? :lol::lol::lol: ... ek month sahi say chalnay day do bhai ... har haftay tou yahan strike hojaty hai ... or kitna bund karain gay sirjee :feminist:

sir jee ek month karachi ko bund??? :lol::lol::lol: ... ek month sahi say chalnay day do bhai ... har haftay tou yahan strike hojaty hai ... or kitna bund karain gay sirjee :feminist:

Achaa pichle 2 hafte konsi strike hui he mhjjhe btana?

been hearing this for last 7years or so, PPP cant complete this project even they cant start it.

Is it even feasible? How much is the ticket going to be? 300 Rs? Why can't they just build a system like we have in Lahore. Its cheaper and low on maintenance. If you want to maintain these metro trains, you have to bring tools and engineers from abroad, also, you have to set up a maintenance facility. THough I would love to see a metro train, I just think its not realistic unless the ticket price is told without subsidy
money recovery is not a problem as already in lahore we have 150 k people traveling through metro..obviously people traveling in karachi will be higher..but the real issue is the intention of sindh gov they would never do it

This is good start. Karachi is a huge city. Therefore, you are going to need Modern Mass Transit System to accommodate crowded people in Karachi.

#Japan's #JICA offers to finance #Karachi #KCR mega project for #Metro mass transit. #Pakistan Japan offers financial support for KCR mega project

The Japanese government is ready to fund the revival of Karachi Circular Railways (KCR) project in port city of Karachi, Japan's Economic and Development Counsellor in Pakistan, Takashi Harada said on Tuesday.

He said, "it is a mega project of a mega city and Japanese government is still positive for it."

Talking to APP here, Takashi Harada said, his government is positive to support and finance this project.

"We are discussing relocation of people with the government of Sindh province," he said and added, "We need mega support and mega facilitation from the concerned departments for carrying out this project."

It may be mentioned here that making operational the KCR would help in mitigating the sufferings of millions of Karachi commuters as there is huge demand of urban transport in the mega city of Pakistan.

Encroachments patronized by land mafia have been considered a major hurdle in the revival of KCR, but now the railway ministry has allocated 250 acres of land to shift all encroachments from the route of KCR and resettle the squatters on this land.

The revival of KCR would be a gift for Karachiites by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).

This may be noted that the KCR has a total route length of 43.24 km out of which 15.68 km is on ground, 23.86km elevated and 2.28km in trench with a 1.42km bridge in between.

The total number of stations would be 24 including 10 on ground, 12 elevated and 2 trench stations. The system would use electric powered trains.

The project will be run by Karachi Urban Transport Corporation (KUTC) as a public private partnership project under technical assistance from JICA.

The city of Karachi has seven industrial zones which were playing important role in the national economy.

This project would provide more job opportunities to people and their standard of life would rise with the additional income.

#Japan's #JICA offers to finance #Karachi #KCR mega project for #Metro mass transit. #Pakistan Japan offers financial support for KCR mega project

The Japanese government is ready to fund the revival of Karachi Circular Railways (KCR) project in port city of Karachi, Japan's Economic and Development Counsellor in Pakistan, Takashi Harada said on Tuesday.
Somehow I suspect that the PPP government overlords are not quite done allocating any land potentially affected by this project to themselves so they can sell it back to the project/government at massively inflated prices and pocket massive amounts of taxpayer money.

karachi deserved to change its transportation system it will generate more job opportunities plus it will attract more investers to come and invest in other projects as well.

I dont think the thieves of PPP are interested in this project. It has been offered several times and Japan has been making offers for long time. The Sind govt just does not respond.

Also, if you look at proposed map the land there is quite expensive and PPP is a land grabbing mafia.

The current network of defunct circular railway at some areas is not recognizable as railway stations have been taken over and illegal apartments have been built in their place which is clearly railway land.All obviously result of land grabbing and illegal selling and transfer.

So this project has 0 hope.

Back
Top Bottom