What's new

Japan to Build Modern Mass Transit System in Karachi

Every loan that comes from Japan comes with conditions and biggest conditions is that atleast 30-50% of the project equipment must be sourced from Japanese companies. I think Japan would bag this project. Good for Karachites. City needs this metro more than anything else right now.

Its not metro train but just local trains like Mumbai local.

:tup:You can be sure they will finish it on time and flawless.

First they have to start, its a usual drill every time a new govt comes it sings some tunes then fade away in the background without a trace.

Ye wohi kachra he jiske revenue se pura Pakistan faida uthata he

karachi is not doing ehsaaaaan if generating revenue for PAKISTAN .... what i was saying is about the kachra pan... thousands of problems as compare to other cities... do u have any relationship with any party??? specially with mqm?? :lol::lol::lol:

We karachiites don't need those cr@ppy buses. We want and deserve the metro train project.

Good. Then never come here.

come here??????? :lol::lol::lol: i was born here .... watching this kachra city since my child hood ... every thing is pissed off here day by day

Last edited:
Is it even feasible? How much is the ticket going to be? 300 Rs? Why can't they just build a system like we have in Lahore. Its cheaper and low on maintenance. If you want to maintain these metro trains, you have to bring tools and engineers from abroad, also, you have to set up a maintenance facility. THough I would love to see a metro train, I just think its not realistic unless the ticket price is told without subsidy
Karachi needed a train mass transit for a long time. It is already too late, however, its better to be late then never. Karachi is speedily moving towards the traffic situation like Bombay, where traffic moves at snail pace. By introduction of these high speed trains 50% traffic load will reduce, especially the one which is actually disturbing the traffic flow. Its about the time Karachi gets a project like this and at God speed. Rickshaws have to go out of Karachi now and motor bikes need to reduce.

As far as Lahore metro is concern it may be a short term solution but in longer run mega cities need a combination of Train and buses. Major routes covered by trains and buses supplementing short distances. Like Singapore, Dubai and Bangkok Some countries like Germany, Czech Republic have gone to the extent of having combination of train, trams and buses. Karachi and Lahore need such system for its residents to commute respectably.
@cb4 are there any time lines attached to Phase I and II or it is still a concept. Mass transit has been initiated many a times but every time transport mafia has been able to stop it. Lets pray they do not succeed this time.

Karachi needed a train mass transit for a long time. It is already too late, however, its better to be late then never. Karachi is speedily moving towards the traffic situation like Bombay, where traffic moves at snail pace. By introduction of these high speed trains 50% traffic load will reduce, especially the one which is actually disturbing the traffic flow. Its about the time Karachi gets a project like this and at God speed. Rickshaws have to go out of Karachi now and motor bikes need to reduce.

As far as Lahore metro is concern it may be a short term solution but in longer run mega cities need a combination of Train and buses. Major routes covered by trains and buses supplementing short distances. Like Singapore, Dubai and Bangkok Some countries like Germany, Czech Republic have gone to the extent of having combination of train, trams and buses. Karachi and Lahore need such system for its residents to commute respectably.
@cb4 are there any time lines attached to Phase I and II or it is still a concept. Mass transit has been initiated many a times but every time transport mafia has been able to stop it. Lets pray they do not succeed this time.

Even in Toronto we have subways (underground), street cars (trams) and buses.

Then leave it for good.
My friend leaving it for good is not the answer. Make it good is the right answer. We all must as individuals should make effort to avoid all such activities which can be called Karchra. This is our city and we have to protect it from becoming a dust bin. I know that we cannot change others but we can control our own self. One day Karachi will be better then any city in the world. This does not hold good for Karachi only. Even Lahore needs this effort or for that matter Pindi and Peshawar. Newly turning cosmopolitans can anticipate what went wrong in current megapolis and take corrective action from beginning.

For those who are in rift over Karachi, Lahore, Bhaya, Paindu, etc. My request would be to think Pakistan. We have already suffered a lot due to this prejudice. It is the same prejudice which made us lose our one arm. Don't make it worse any further. No one is feeding others everyone is contributing their bit. If Karachi is generating revenue through port, one must realise that the product exported from Karachi is not being produced in Karachi. It is coming from somewhere else. Those who are producing goods, they need this port for export of their product. It is a team, one entity which is supporting each other, just like a human body.

Pakistan Paindabad!!!

No idea about timeline. I hope this time it doesn't remain on paper.

Even in Toronto we have subways (underground), street cars (trams) and buses.

The Trams are not bad but the Subways are crap. Only 2 lines and Union is the only major station. They are taking forever to build the York - Spadina Line and billions have been wasted. They just can't compete with European and East Asian cities. Toronto's urban planning is pretty poor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom