What's new

Japan seeks defence ties with Asean

Bcz of someone like u can get a bachelor's degree maybe that's why ur country can not possess any kind of weapon of mass destruction like CBU-55 can kill thousand troops or nuke capable missle to protec ur own land like VN and now ur country has to live under mercy of big countries,if US-Russia-China wanna attack u,then ur country is gone after few hours :omghaha:

Please :) I'm a realist, we live in an era of economic interdependence. Having War is no longer a popular way to solve dispute. We are one of the largest exporter of natural resources to the Chinese If they attack us their economy will sunk. We also have a strong economic ties & political ties with the US. We worth more to both of them being a regional partner than an enemy.

LOL by reading your post I can safely make assumption that you Major in stupidity :cheesy:. If Vietnam attack us you pretty much given us a Cassus Belli to invade your country. You will pretty much make the entire region & possibly the world your enemy. This is 2013 & your brain is like that of a cavemen. A large army or weapons is no longer needed in this modern times by using diplomacy and a having a huge economy to go along with it you can win any "war." Going to war will makes you a rogue state & open to intervention by a major power :)

ah, my appetite to see logical discussion is broken by the mighty CBU 55 (which is not even classified as WMD) and talk of rubbish from a guy whose having its country has almost nothing to offer to any alliance except being a base for foreign soldiers.

Mercy? ahahahah We are playing with brains, we know what to do with our country. China won't lose its trade partner, USA won't lose its potential ally who controls one of the world's most important shipping lane , Russia? Not likely. We are way too smart and too important to be gangbanged, unlike Vietnam. History proof that Indonesia, even at its lowest point, has been defending itself WAY better than the best Vietnam ever did. At least, we never had foreign soldiers knocking our doors like you guys :omghaha:

Well, since the last time we totally kicked Dutchmen in 1947, at least none of our countrymen have tasted cluster bombs or napalm bombs dropped by foreign soldiers, none of our countrymen have watched their cities burned to the ground. None of our women SELL THEIR BODY to fulfill the desire of FOREIGN SOLDIERS right in front of the door. :yahoo:

Now you are pleading India and Russia to support you, YOU ARE THE ONE WITH BOWL IN YOUR HANDS. you live with mercy of other countries :agree:
Just bcz ur coutry is not located in important place like VN nor having big oil field, that's why no one wanna attack you.Our scud-D missile range can reach to Malaysia but we dont wanna extend its range to reach to ur land coz we gain nothing from attacking u.

Just like in Sahara desert,even it's big but no one wanna occupy coz they gain nothing.:pop:

Just bcz ur coutry is not located in important place like VN nor having big oil field that's why no one wanna attack you.Our scud-D missile range can reach to Malaysia but we dont wanna extend its range to reach to ur land coz we gain nothing from attacking u.

Just like in Sahara desert,even it's big but no one wanna occupy coz they gain nothing.:pop:

You are the most dumbest person I have ever met in this forum. Indonesia has been one of the world's most important crossing lane for ships from Indian Ocean to Pacific Ocean or China Sea since centuries ago.

We got no oil fields? What the ****? Indonesia was one of OPEC members, do you know OPEC? Here's a hint;

OPEC (OPEC; pron.: /ˈoʊpɛk/ oh-pek) is the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. Its mission is to secure a return to oil investors and an economic supply of oil to consumers.

OPEC is intergovernmental and was created at the Baghdad Conference on 10–14 September 1960, by Iraq, Kuwait, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. Then it was joined by nine more governments: Libya, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Indonesia, Algeria, Nigeria, Ecuador, Angola, and Gabon. OPEC had a headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland and moved it to Vienna, Austria, on 1 September 1965.
OPEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even now we are no longer the member of exporting oil countries because we started to import oil in 2009, we still have much much bigger oil and gas reserve both in the supply depots and unexplored than yours. While Vietnam is still fighting for oil where Indonesia has been enjoying it for decades.

Indonesia has extensive resources of raw materials, and we defended it successfully.

Hahahah one of the poorest ASEAN country that can't even get decent fishing boats wants to attack the literally biggest economy in the region? Up to your butt, this must be the joke of the century that China has been telling us about. :p

We got no oil fields? What the ****? Indonesia was one of OPEC members, do you know OPEC? Here's a hint;

even now we are no longer exporting oil, we still have much much bigger oil and gas reserve both in the supply depots and unexplored than yours. Wahahahah Vietnam is still fighting for oil where Indonesia has been enjoying it for decades.
Blah blah blah ...:blah:, is it hard for u to amid the Truth ?? Shahara desert has no resident when ur country have more than 200 mil...and running out of oil soon .
15 Drill-Crazy Countries That Are Rapidly Running Out Of Oil

Indonesia -- 10 years remaining

Barrels per day: 1,051,000

Proved reserves: 3,990,000,000

Key figure: Karen Agustiawan, CEO of Pertamina

Outlook: Production is in steady decline as old fields run dry and new fields are nowhere to be seen. The government is allowing more competition to state-owned Pertamina, in hopes that private or foreign companies will have more luck.

Source: CIA & EIA

Read more: Countries That Are Running Out Of Oil - Business Insider
nufix said:
You are the most dumbest person I have ever met in this forum. Indonesia has been one of the world's most important crossing lane for ships from Indian Ocean to Pacific Ocean or China Sea since centuries ago.
Most important ?? their oil tankers don't need to pass through ur country and you can't cover it wt sea mine like VN can cover SCS(east sea) wt it, dude

Just bcz ur coutry is not located in important place like VN nor having big oil field, that's why no one wanna attack you.Our scud-D missile range can reach to Malaysia but we dont wanna extend its range to reach to ur land coz we gain nothing from attacking u.

I suggesting you to use agent orange thou.
due to historical reason :omghaha:

Blah blah blah ...:blah:, is it hard for u to amid the Truth ?? Shahara desert has no resident when ur country have more than 200 mil...and running out of oil soon .

We can import oil when our oil fields are dried up, remember we are one of the asia's biggest economies? we got moneeeehhh dude, unlike you :p Still fighting for oil while sitting with bowls in your hands, pleading for help from big countries because you simply can't finance your own conflict.

Most important ?? their oil tankers don't need to pass through ur country and you can't cover it wt sea mine like VN can cover SCS(east sea) wt it, dude

Every ships that go to SCS from Indian ocean will have to go pass Malacca strait dude, do you know where Malacca strait lies on? Oh you are too stupid to learn from any books.

Wahah only warmonger countries spread sea mines in seas, while everyone is cleaning the sea mines, you guys, are spreading it.

We can import oil when our oil fields are dried up, remember we are one of the asia's biggest economies? we got moneeeehhh dude, unlike you :p Still fighting for oil while is still sitting with bowls in your hands, pleading the mercy of big countries because you simply can't finance your own conflict.
So, you have to import oil soon, that's why, no one wanna attack ur country coz they gain Nothing like in Sahara desert.
nufix said:
Most important ?? their oil tankers don't need to pass through ur country and you can't cover it wt sea mine like VN can cover SCS(east sea) wt it, dude .

China is building new canal in Kra-Thailand now, their ship don't need to pass throught Malacca soon

I suggesting you to use agent orange thou.
due to historical reason :omghaha:
In 1996, we had Scud-C
In December 1996, Vietnam’s Deputy Minister of Defense, General Nguyen Thoi Bung,visited North Korea and signed a defense deal worth U.S. $100 million. Payment was inbarter terms for Vietnamese rice. The sale of short‐range Scud ballistic missiles wasreportedly discussed at this time. In April 1999 it was reported that Vietnam had acquired aquantity of North Korean Scud C surface‐to‐surface missiles (SSMs). The Scud C can carry apayload of 770 kg over 550 km. In February 2009 it was reported that Hanoi andPyongyang were currently discussing North Korean assistance in upgrading Vietnam’s stockof Scud SSMs
Thayer Vietnam Bares Scud Missile Force
Newst test :range upto 900km

So, you have to import oil soon, that's why, no one wanna attack ur country coz they gain Nothing like in Sahara desert.

No, the reason why no one will attack us because we are too important too lose :p You know what, Sahara desert is like your country, filled up with poor people scratching for oil, and then foreign oil companies come and suck up your oil because you have no money to open the fields.

Our oil company is expanding everywhere for oil, when your oil company can't even operate in its own land :p

Pertamina's acquisition in 2012:
Indonesia Minister to Visit Iraq to Help Pertamina Buy Stake in Oil Block | Fox Business
Antara News : Pertamina acquires ConocoPhillips oil block worth Rp168 trillion
http://www.republika.co.id/berita/e...rtamina-acquires-oil-and-gas-block-in-algeria
http://www.republika.co.id/berita/e...k-pertamina-eyes-10-new-blocks-of-oil-and-gas

Medco's in 2011-2012
Medco acquires Yemen
Indonesia's Medco Eyes Gulf Blocks, Plantation Unit Listing | The Jakarta Globe

That's only from two major companies of Indonesia, we are not running out of oil as we can suck up another countries oil reserves :p

Most important ?? their oil tankers don't need to pass through ur country and you can't cover it wt sea mine like VN can cover SCS(east sea) wt it, dude .

China is building new canal in Kra-Thailand now, their ship don't need to pass throught Malacca soon

China is the one that will build it, you gain nothing from it :p

In 1996, we had Scud-C
Newst test :range upto 900km

So what we have the most "powerful weapon" in the world.... This guy.
220px-World_Economic_Forum_on_East_Asia_2011.jpg

Marty Natalegawa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And please stick to the topic this is about Japan-Asean defense ties not possible VN-RI war :P

News from Japan daily
Japan calls for stronger security ties with ASEAN amid Chinese agressions
Posted on March 13, 2013 by Cherrie Lou Billones

On the first day of the 2-day gathering in Tokyo of vice-minister level representatives of members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), vice Defence Minister Akinori Eto spoke during the opening session of the closed-door meeting and pointed the issues that faced the members in terms of security and defense. “The Asia-Pacific region has various issues concerning security and defense… including territorial conflicts in the South China Sea,” he said. “On top of the growing maturity of our economic cooperation, Japan and ASEAN need to further strengthen ties in the field of security and defense.”

It is no secret that China has been very aggressive recently as it claims most of the territory in the East and South China Seas, even those that are clearly closer to the shores of its neighbors. The Japan-controlled Senkakus/Diaoyus have been a source of growing tension between the two countries. Only this Tuesday it was reported that three Chinese government vessels entered the 12-nautical-mile territorial zone off one of the Senkaku islands and spent a couple of hours there. Last year, China and the Philippines were engaged in a stand-off over the Scarborough Shoal when patrol vessels from both sides met each other on the seas in April.

Eto pointed out that Japan’s new government is very keen in enforcing cooperation with ASEAN countries in terms of security and defense, in order to keep peace in the region. Remember that Japan also sought stronger cooperation with the United States. The gathering is the first high-ranking defense dialogue of its kind since Prime Minister Shinzo Abe returned to office in late December.

Japan calls for stronger security ties with ASEAN amid Chinese agressions - The Japan Daily Press

Let it be known there's still no confirmation from the ASEAN side about this :toast_sign:

I merely point at the obvious :) I'm a bachelor in political science so I can say that I know more sht than you & Since when I said the US is at any disadvantages? Without any real ally that can pull their own weight the Japanese will be at a great disadvantages against China superior forces. Without the US & western ally the Japanese doesn't have a ghost of a chance of winning.

With Vietnam, Philippines & Laos for an ally the Japanese might as well surrender.

Don't mean to bash on your degree but political science class can twist certain facts and evidences depending on where you live. Just because you have a degree in it doesn't mean the rest of the world would acknowledge it.

BTW nice avatar, Saint's Row FTW

Don't mean to bash on your degree but political science class can twist certain facts and evidences depending on where you live. Just because you have a degree in it doesn't mean the rest of the world would acknowledge it.

I'm not twisting any fact I just pointed at it. I merely pointed at Viet nonsensical comment:

Well, an military alliance can start with Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and Laos. More countries can join later.

As you know there's still no confirmation from any of these country that an alliance with Japan is imminent. There maybe some news about it, but its still nothing concrete.

& Even if the country manages to strike an "alliance" its still too underpowered compared to China.

BTW nice avatar, Saint's Row FTW

Why thank you I've been a fan since the 1st. Have you watched the new SR4 trailer?

Back
Top Bottom