What's new

Japan seeks defence ties with Asean

YOu misunderstood my point actually.

What i say is, if either Japan, South Korea or Australia Joined or have anything to do with ASEAN, then ASEAN is not an orgnaisation for Asia, but a simple Anti-Chinese Organisation

However, if ASEAN seek Indian participation, then it would be a balancing move for asiatic region.

It cannot be a more clearer indication than this.

ASEAN is a just a regional forum. The Organization serves as a "face" for the region. I don't think this whole "alliance" will ever come true. Its probably just tough talk from the Japanese mouthpiece to "scare" China. Even if they did succeed creating the alliance who are they going to bring into the table? Vietnam & Philippines MAYBE (huge emphasis), but other than that there's no country in the region who can offer anything to the alliance. Except of course the list of country you mention.

Where's the Beef in this sandwich your proposing? Japan will be at a great disadvantage when she realize she will be the only member in the group who have any "meat" in them.
You talk crap, and are clueless. Following your logic, the US as supepower is a great disadvantage, too.
I wonder why America has friends and allies in the world?

You talk crap, and are clueless. Following your logic, the US as supepower is a great disadvantage, too.
I wonder why America has friends and allies in the world?

I merely point at the obvious :) I'm a bachelor in political science so I can say that I know more sht than you & Since when I said the US is at any disadvantages? Without any real ally that can pull their own weight the Japanese will be at a great disadvantages against China superior forces. Without the US & western ally the Japanese doesn't have a ghost of a chance of winning.

With Vietnam, Philippines & Laos for an ally the Japanese might as well surrender.

I merely point at the obvious :) & Since when I said the US is at any disadvantages? Without any real ally that can pull their own weight the Japanese will be at a great disadvantages against China superior forces. Without the US & western ally the Japanese doesn't have a ghost of a chance of winning.

With Vietnam, Philippines & Laos for an ally the Japanese might as well surrender.

And with India and Russia ??

I merely point at the obvious :) I'm a bachelor in political science so I can say that I know more sht than you & Since when I said the US is at any disadvantages? Without any real ally that can pull their own weight the Japanese will be at a great disadvantages against China superior forces. Without the US & western ally the Japanese doesn't have a ghost of a chance of winning.

LOL you got bachelor in political science, and talk nonsense? Unbelieveable.

I tried to make my point, but obviously you failed to understand. Even a superpower like US needs friends and allies to project power and influence. Look at China, it is encircled by more or less hostile and unfriendly nations. Unlike America, China military and naval force is hindered in their development. Also, Japan needs friends and allies if it wants to encounter China.

As for China superior forces as you said, the only war they won in the last century was against India. Even a small nation like Vietnam kicked their a@@ badly on the ground that they cried. Okay, I admit we lost some naval battles, thats the reason why we need to catch up here. We need help from Japan.

Japan navy is capable to defend its territory.

LOL you got bachelor in political science, and talk nonsense? Unbelieveable.

I tried to make my point, but obviously you failed to understand. Even a superpower like US needs friends and allies to project power and influence. Look at China, it is encircled by more or less hostile and unfriendly nations. Unlike America, China military and naval force is hindered in their development. Also, Japan needs friends and allies if it wants to encounter China.

As for China superior forces as you said, the only war they won in the last century was against India. Even a small nation like Vietnam kicked their a@@ badly on the ground that they cried. Okay, I admit we lost some naval battles, thats the reason why we need to catch up here. We need help from Japan.

Japan navy is capable to defend its territory.

Nice point, but we're discussing about Japan & ASEAN possible defense ties. of So stick to the topic :) I surely don't see how Japan can get "the whole" ASEAN to join her when some ASEAN member are in the Chinese pocket while some just like my country just don't really care about what's going on in the SCS we might raise concern about it, but ultimately we don't want to die over some rocks in the SCS.

Now your talking nonsense. What's makes you think that the Chinese won't learn from their mistake in Vietnam. What scientific evidences you have that Vietnam will win another Sino-Vietnamese conflict when they have more planes, tanks, boats & soldiers compared to Vietnam.

Not from China it wont

Nice point, but we're discussing about Japan & ASEAN possible defense ties. of So stick to the topic :) I surely don't see how Japan can get "the whole" ASEAN to join her when some ASEAN member are in the Chinese pocket while some just like my country just don't really care about what's going on in the SCS we might raise concern about it, but ultimately we don't want to die over some rocks in the SCS.
Relax, all is about ASEAN-Japan defence cooperation, not military alliance like US-Japan one!
There is no obligation to anyone to join. If Indonesia says NO, than it is fine too. Nobody asks you to fight for Japan or Vietnam. It is also about exchange opinions and views of an individual member of ASEAN with Japan, or even the bloc with Japan.

I don´t think China is against the idea.

Now your talking nonsense. What's makes you think that the Chinese won't learn from their mistake in Vietnam. What scientific evidences you have that Vietnam will win another Sino-Vietnamese conflict when they have more planes, tanks, boats & soldiers compared to Vietnam.

Not from China it wont
War is the last resort if any other solution has played out. We Vietnamese never want war against China, we never start a war against them. We only defend our independence and territory. I am optimistic to say, the likelyhood of a new armed confrontation China-Vietnam is ZERO. Yes, a new Sino-Vietnam war because of the SC sea dispute is nearly zero. If you want to understand why, than you should read the China´s history.

When does China go to war?

I like how Russia is handled in these sort of threads. One day they are with China, one day they are being thrown in the mix with ASEAN, and on the third day the help Iran, the next day their alliance with India gets them thrown against China, on the fifth day the lead nuclear war vs NATO....

It's funny to say the least how many of you are counting on them....

Anyhow:

LONDON — U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta called on NATO to become a more flexible fighting force that can tackle a broad range of conflicts and urged European allies to join the Pentagon’s shift to the Asia-Pacific region.

NATO Needs to Join U.S. Rebalance to Asia-Pacific

Relax, all is about ASEAN-Japan defence cooperation, not military alliance like US-Japan one!
There is no obligation to anyone to join. If Indonesia says NO, than it is fine too. Nobody asks you to fight for Japan or Vietnam. It is also about exchange opinions and views of an individual member of ASEAN with Japan, or even the bloc with Japan.

I don´t think China is against the idea.

War is the last resort if any other solution has played out. We Vietnamese never want war against China, we never start a war against them. We only defend our independence and territory. I am optimistic to say, the likelyhood of a new armed confrontation China-Vietnam is ZERO. Yes, a new Sino-Vietnam war because of the SC sea dispute is nearly zero. If you want to understand why, than you should read the China´s history.

When does China go to war?

With only Vietnam, Philippines & Laos? Not to mention when we talk about ASEAN we usually talk about Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand or Singapore. If Japan can't give this 4 country a reason why they want to join against China the alliance is doomed to fail. Most country in ASEAN prefer to continue relations with China than making a block against them.

Absolutely war should be the last resort. Its the first thing I learn in school.

Bcz of someone like u can get a bachelor's degree maybe that's why ur country can not possess any kind of weapon of mass destruction like CBU-55 can kill thousand troops or nuke capable missle to protec ur own land like VN and now ur country has to live under mercy of big countries,if US-Russia-China wanna attack u,then ur country is gone after few hours :omghaha:

Bcz of someone like u can get a bachelor's degree maybe that's why ur country can not possess any kind of weapon of mass destruction like CBU-55 can kill thousand troops or nuke capable missle to protec ur own land like VN and now ur country has to live under mercy of big countries,if US-Russia-China wanna attack u,then ur country is gone after few hours :omghaha:

you're funny dude, is all Vietcong so ignorance like you ?
Better you dig a rat holes for preparation before PLA troops come to your shore !

you're funny dude, is all Vietcong so ignorance like you ?
Better you dig a rat holes for preparation before PLA troops come to your shore !
Poor trained and coward PLA can do like that ? What r u smoking ?or do u read too many time 'story of Ah Q' book ?let me remind u: in 1979 PLA even surrendered to VN women militia:omghaha:

ah, my appetite to see logical discussion is broken by the mighty CBU 55 (which is not even classified as WMD) and talk of rubbish from a guy whose having its country has almost nothing to offer to any alliance except being a base for foreign soldiers.

Mercy? ahahahah We are playing with brains, we know what to do with our country. China won't lose its trade partner, USA won't lose its potential ally who controls one of the world's most important shipping lane , Russia? Not likely. We are way too smart and too important to be gangbanged, unlike Vietnam. History proof that Indonesia, even at its lowest point, has been defending itself WAY better than the best Vietnam ever did. At least, we never had foreign soldiers knocking our doors like you guys :omghaha:

Well, since the last time we totally kicked Dutchmen in 1947, at least none of our countrymen have tasted cluster bombs or napalm bombs dropped by foreign soldiers, none of our countrymen have watched their cities burned to the ground. None of our women SELL THEIR BODY to fulfill the desire of FOREIGN SOLDIERS right in front of the door. :yahoo:

Now you are pleading India and Russia to support you, YOU ARE THE ONE WITH BOWL IN YOUR HANDS. you live with mercy of other countries :agree:

Back
Top Bottom