What's new

Japan plans to replace 100 F-15Js with 100 F-35As

If we talk about the nuclear warfare, then no one will be the winner, everything will be dead.

In a conventional warfare, Russia still has stronger nuclear sub fleet, while China has stronger surface fleet.

By 2020-2025, we can expect to equalize Russia's nuclear sub fleet.

Russia is still ahead of China militarily, no argument about that.
Japan also has the most advanced navy in Asia, though China has the largest.

the difference between your perceived enemies Russia and China is, while the russians seek to keep the status quo (control of the Kuril islands), the chinese want to change it (seizing the Senkakus).

China wants hegemony in East and SE China Sea. I am not aware that Russia wants the same.

Lool So you think Russia is just a peace loving nation, don't you? Lol
It seems you don't even know that Russia and Japan are still technically at war, since they never signed a peace treaty after world war II. you also don't seem to understand that Russia has been sending bombers, fighter jets, submarines etc into Japanese air space/territory, and coast for decades now, moreover they still occupy Japanese islands they seized illegally after world war II and are now calling on foreign I investors like China, Korea, west and even U.S to invest there.lol.

just because you are farrrr away from Russia (hence you faced less threat from them) and you hate/have issues with the Chinese, that doesn't means you should be blinded by your patron Russia aggression/expansionist nature. Mind you if Vietnam was a neighbour to Russia, it won't even exists anymore, it will have been long absolve and incorporated in into mother Russia. :lol: Japan still rightly views Russia as a real/potential threat. Luckily the U.S(along with its alliance with Japan) is there to check Russia's aggression against Japan.

You are one of the very few Vietnamese members I admire/respect on here(with nice guy, but for other reasons though. Lol), please be more realistic in your views like you have been for a long time now. :-)

Quite a lot of money to pay!

I don`t think F35B/C would be a good idea for US navy...
For big countries like Russia and China, F35B/C is not likely to survive against T50/J20..
US navy need something like Navy version of F22..
For smaller countries without air defense force, current FA18 is pretty enough..
the small load of F35 will be a problem and stealth function does not make much sense..
yes, F-35s are for boys with deep pockets, or born in a rich family. Japan, Singapore and the likes.
F35B/C is not likely to survive against T50/J20? I wonder of your assumption. is there anything others do not know?

Lool So you think Russia is just a peace loving nation, don't you? Lol
It seems you don't even know that Russia and Japan are still technically at war, since they never signed a peace treaty after world war II. you also don't seem to understand that Russia has been sending bombers, fighter jets, submarines etc into Japanese air space/territory, and coast for decades now, moreover they still occupy Japanese islands they seized illegally after world war II and are now calling on foreign I investors like China, Korea, west and even U.S to invest there.lol.

just because you are farrrr away from Russia (hence you faced less threat from them) and you hate/have issues with the Chinese, that doesn't means you should be blinded by your patron Russia aggression/expansionist nature. Mind you if Vietnam was a neighbour to Russia, it won't even exists anymore, it will have been long absolve and incorporated in into mother Russia. :lol: Japan still rightly views Russia as a real/potential threat. Luckily the U.S(along with its alliance with Japan) is there to check Russia's aggression against Japan.

You are one of the very few Vietnamese members I admire/respect on here(with nice guy, but for other reasons though. Lol), please be more realistic in your views like you have been for a long time now. :-)
my friend, I am a neutral observer. My views and opinions are non-biased :-)

No, Russia sends jets into Japan controlled airspace, not Japan territorial airspace. that is a big difference. So Russia respects international rule when flying in the international airspace. same when the russians send ships to international waters, controlled by Japan. China can send ships and aircraft into Vietnam controlled waters and airspace, but I doubt the chinese dare to send their toys into our territorial domains. Our army is a bad mood right now.

yes, F-35s are for boys with deep pockets, or born in a rich family ,Japan, Singapore and the likes.
F35B/C is not likely to survive against T50/J20? I wonder of your assumption. is there anything others do not know?

my friend, I am a neutral observer. My views and opinions are non-biased :-)

No, Russia sends jets into Japan controlled airspace, not Japan territorial airspace. that is a big difference. So Russia respects international rule when flying in the international airspace. same when the russians send ships to international waters, controlled by Japan. China can send ships and aircraft into Vietnam controlled waters and airspace, but I doubt the chinese dare to send their toys into our territorial domains. Our army is a bad mood right now.

Lool Russia is still viewed very much as a threat by Japan, they have always been, from the Russo-japamese war to world war II, to the U..S.S.R to today. Just because Russia collapse and is gmfar weaker/in decline today doesn't means it has suddenly become a good boy like Chinese, Indians and your Vietnamese brothers on here seem to think Lol :lol: Russia is simply 'less ' aggressive because it doesn't have the means to be otherwise. Since they don't have the power/influence anymore like they did before. Hence they act humble.lool. you know when someone is poor and weak they tend to act nice and very humble, when they grow rich, wealthy and powerful, then you start seeing their true colours/behaviour, its applies to human beings as we'll as countries.

Even in a weaker state, Russia still tends/tries to be aggessisive like we saw in Georgia, Ukraine, Crimea etc and its still sending fighter jets/submarines along Japan coast/territory to assert itself. Lool. So your patron Moscow is anything but non aggressive/not seeking hegemony like you think. They have never been in history and wint be in future as long a they have the capabilities they will expand.:cheers:

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/539377
RAF Jets Intercept Russian Military Bombers
raf-jets-intercept-russian-military-bombers
Russia Flies Strategic Bombers Close to Japanese Airspace (Again) | The Diplomat
Japan Scrambling Jets at Cold War Levels | The Diplomat

Last edited:
Hi @Nihonjin1051, I'm curious, why Japan choose to replace F-15J with F-35A? As the F-35A has shorter range than the F-15J. As far as I know, the two fighters are not apple to apple. It is more logical if you change your F-2 with F-35A, as F-35 is basically the further upgrade of F-16 series. But F-2 themselves are already good. So why not aim the more advanced version of boeing F-15?

Russia is still ahead of China militarily, no argument about that.
Japan also has the most advanced navy in Asia, though China has the largest.

Russia has an advantage with the nuclear sub fleet, but China has the upper hand with the surface fleet.

And no, Japan does not have the most advanced navy in Asia, they don't possess the independent naval technology.

PS, their watered down Aegis is now outdated compared to China's new Aegis and the coming Super Aegis.

Hi @Nihonjin1051, I'm curious, why Japan choose to replace F-15J with F-35A? As the F-35A has shorter range than the F-15J. As far as I know, the two fighters are not apple to apple. It is more logical if you change your F-2 with F-35A, as F-35 is basically the further upgrade of F-16 series. But F-2 themselves are already good. So why not aim the more advanced version of boeing F-15?

We're planning to acquire 100 F-35As (we've purchased 42 so far) and add them to our front line inventory of the JASDF Air Fleet. We've quite the number of F-15Js (they're going to be placed in strategic reserve) and they will remain active. As per the F-35A's capabilities -- this baby has advanced stealth, integrated avionics, sensor fusion and superior logistics support — with the most powerful and comprehensive integrated sensor package. Our pilots (F-15Js, F-2s) have tested the F-35A and they concede that these babies will enable Japan to maintain air superiority within our air domain. And when necessary -- to bring swift action whenever , wherever.

We're planning to acquire 100 F-35As (we've purchased 42 so far) and add them to our front line inventory of the JASDF Air Fleet. We've quite the number of F-15Js (they're going to be placed in strategic reserve) and they will remain active. As per the F-35A's capabilities -- this baby has advanced stealth, integrated avionics, sensor fusion and superior logistics support — with the most powerful and comprehensive integrated sensor package. Our pilots (F-15Js, F-2s) have tested the F-35A and they concede that these babies will enable Japan to maintain air superiority within our air domain. And when necessary -- to bring swift action whenever , wherever.

But whats the point of it all ? Do you think Uncle Yammamotto would've wanted you to buy foreign aircrafts or build ones yourself ? :(

Do you think the Japanese Samurai warriors of old imported their Katanas or they built them over months into formidable weapons ? :argh:

But whats the point of it all ? Do you think Uncle Yammamotto would've wanted you to buy foreign aircrafts or build ones yourself ? :(

Do you think the Japanese Samurai warriors of old imported their Katanas or they built them over months into formidable weapons ? :argh:

We're planning to ,eventually, replace our fleet of F-15Js with the F-35As, and our fleet of F-2s with the F-3. Having the F-35s will provide Japan air superiority and stealth while we produce , perfect the F-3 (home grown stealth fighter).

We're planning to ,eventually, replace our fleet of F-15Js with the F-35As, and our fleet of F-2s with the F-3. Having the F-35s will provide Japan air superiority and stealth while we produce , perfect the F-3 (home grown stealth fighter).

No comment on my Uncle Yammamotto and Samurai posts ! :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom