What's new

Japan plans to replace 100 F-15Js with 100 F-35As

The "A" version is one with the vert. takeoff? 200 would be a nice number, but the pricetag?! I still think the F-15 series (along with the SU-27 series) are some of the best looking planes, big, bad, beautiful!

Replacing a solid fighter with Turkeys? F-35 needs major modifications. I think Japan should buy more silent eagles.

Not bad, but I think we should raise this number to at least 200 F-35As.

Good. Your Izumo class will be an aircraft carrier overnight.

Japan and USA are the 2 country who know better than anyone else in naval warfare. The WW2 pacific theatre battle is a breathtaking epic of heroes and genius.

You guys will be among world best navy.

Replacing a solid fighter with Turkeys? F-35 needs major modifications. I think Japan should buy more silent eagles.

We've bought 42 so far, but the plan is to purchase another 58 --- to reach that 100. As for the F-15Js, they will be placed on reserves, we're not going to "de-activate" them so to say. The F-35As will be placed as the primary air intereptor --- we're planning around 100, and there are plans to acquire the F-35Bs. :)

The "A" version is one with the vert. takeoff? 200 would be a nice number, but the pricetag?! I still think the F-15 series (along with the SU-27 series) are some of the best looking planes, big, bad, beautiful!

F-15 is arguably the most powerful 4th generation jet but no aircraft carrier can take them. The naval aviation need other class of plane.

The F-35B STOVL is something navy need.

BTW, I have read a lot of Imperial Japanese navy and I am full of admiration.

Japan not thinking of giving to Vietnam?

Good. Your Izumo class will be an aircraft carrier overnight.

Japan and USA are the 2 country who know better than anyone else in naval warfare. The WW2 pacific theatre battle is a breathtaking epic of heroes and genius.

You guys will be among world best navy.

Our 2 Izumo Class Light Carrier can accomodate about 18-20 F-35Bs, plus Ospreys, et al. If we , in the future, arm our Izumos with F-35Bs, then we can field about 36-40 F-35Bs on those.

This does not consider our Hyuga Class Light Carriers, which can hold about 8-10 F-35Bs each. We have 2 Hyuga Class LIght Carriers.

And then...we also have 2 Osumi Class .....

Our 2 Izumo Class Light Carrier can accomodate about 18-20 F-35Bs, plus Ospreys, et al. If we , in the future, arm our Izumos with F-35Bs, then we canfield about 36-40 F-35Bs on those.

This does not consider our Hyuga Class Light Carriers, which can hold about 8-10 F-35Bs each. We have 2 Hyuga Class LIght Carriers.

And then...we also have 2 Osumi Class .....

I knew that all along. Keep quiet and build a carrier stealthy.

We've bought 42 so far, but the plan is to purchase another 58 --- to reach that 100. As for the F-15Js, they will be placed on reserves, we're not going to "de-activate" them so to say. The F-35As will be placed as the primary air intereptor --- we're planning around 100, and there are plans to acquire the F-35Bs. :)
F-35 vs F31
I don't think F-35 can make it. How are you going to intercept J-15 career based fighter?

F-15 is arguably the most powerful 4th generation jet but no aircraft carrier can take them. The naval aviation need other class of plane.

The F-35B STOVL is something navy need.

BTW, I have read a lot of Imperial Japanese navy and I am full of admiration.

Well, we are testing the J-15s, a variant of the SU-27 on the old Soviet carrier. It seems to work, but take a big discount on deck space. Perhapse the F-15 has the potential if the US wants to, remember they had the F-14, another big guy.

F-35 vs F31
I don't think F-35 can make it. How are you going to intercept J-15 career based fighter?

F-31 isn't even operational, can't compare. Besides, we may not use it, but nevertheless, it's a good excercise for the Shenyang design bureau.

Well, we are testing the J-15s, a variant of the SU-27 on the old Soviet carrier. It seems to work, but take a big discount on deck space. Perhapse the F-15 has the potential if the US wants to, remember they had the F-14, another big guy.

F-35 can't battle old MIG-21 then how can you expect it to fight against mature fighter like J-15?

images

250px-Akiyama_Saneyuki.jpg

250px-T%C5%8Dg%C5%8D_Heihachir%C5%8D.jpg

These are genius

Osumi Class Light Carrier : The JMSDF has 2 ships of this class.

osumi6[1].jpg

4001_02l.jpg

Hyuga Class Light Carrier : The JMSDF has 2 ships of this class

maxresdefault[1].jpg

Izumo Class Light Carrier: The JMSDF has 2 ships of this class

JS_Izumo_(DDH-183)_just_after_her_launch[1].jpg

9zTXn4E[1].jpg

I knew that all along. Keep quiet and build a carrier stealthy.

These 3 light carriers provided us the ability to experiment on carrier designs. Next, we plan to build something similar to a Supercarrier class. As large as the Nimitz Class.

:)

Back
Top Bottom