What's new

Japan plans to replace 100 F-15Js with 100 F-35As

Yep, Xi Jinping is planning to upgrade the PLAN into with 7 aircraft carriers, 50 nuclear subs, 50 Super Aegis DDGs.

You guys better to be prepared to counter against this threat.
aircraft carriers are not much useful when you go against Vietnam. have you forgotten we are close neighbors?
we could target all carriers with our balistic missiles in the south china sea.

Japan can take on your carriers with the F-35 fleet.

I have to admit, PRC will become 2nd most powerful navy in times to come and I am happy about it.

My tribe the Quanzhou people, are traditionally the best navigator and best navy in ancient China.

aircraft carriers are not much useful when you go against Vietnam. have you forgotten we are close neighbors?

Who says that we are using aircraft carrier to deal against those Asian nations.

We are now building more advanced SSNs and SSGNs, so we can have the capability to launch more cruise missiles against the potential enemies from the Asia-Pacific.

Our aircraft carrier is about the air superiority, while you guys without any reliable guidance from the satellite groups and long range missile, forget about targeting our carrier battlegroup.

the difference between your perceived enemies Russia and China is, while the russians seek to keep the status quo (control of the Kuril islands), the chinese want to change it (seizing the Senkakus).

China wants hegemony in East and SE China Sea. I am not aware that Russia wants the same.

I have to admit, PRC will become 2nd most powerful navy in times to come and I am happy about it.

My tribe the Quanzhou people, are traditionally the best navigator and best navy in ancient China.

By 2025, PLAN will be a solid number two.

Who says that we are using aircraft carrier to deal against those Asian nations.

We are now building more advanced SSNs and SSGNs, so we can have the capability to launch more cruise missiles against the potential enemies from the Asia-Pacific.

Our aircraft carrier is about the air superiority, while you guys without any reliable guidance from the satellite groups and long range missile, forget about targeting our carrier battlegroup.
at least we both can agree to this point. you have definitely advantage here.

@Viet , @ChineseTiger1986 ,

No need for us to talk about war. Its just so disharmonious. Come, let's all sit down and drink some tea. And think of more pleasant thoughts....:)

Kinesisk_te_Chinese_tea1[1].jpg

Quite a lot of money to pay!

Not bad, but I think we should raise this number to at least 200 F-35As.

I don`t think F35B/C would be a good idea for US navy...
For big countries like Russia and China, F35B/C is not likely to survive against T50/J20..
US navy need something like Navy version of F22..
For smaller countries without air defense force, current FA18 is pretty enough..
the small load of F35 will be a problem and stealth function does not make much sense..

F-15 is arguably the most powerful 4th generation jet but no aircraft carrier can take them. The naval aviation need other class of plane.

The F-35B STOVL is something navy need.

BTW, I have read a lot of Imperial Japanese navy and I am full of admiration.

I think Japan should say Thanks to China.

Few year ago, Japanese never think they have chance to regain their power legally,
the retranslate Constitution overnight changed everything .

That's a big surprise !!!

China has been building their navy, army continuously.

F-35 is great aircraft for secretly access and drop / launch somethings and escape.

Quite a lot of money to pay!

I don`t think F35B/C would be a good idea for US navy...
For big countries like Russia and China, F35B/C is not likely to survive against T50/J20..
US navy need something like Navy version of F22..
For smaller countries without air defense force, current FA18 is pretty enough..
the small load of F35 will be a problem and stealth function does not make much sense..

You can't think of it like that. If you do, then you can also say, the moment the US roll out F-22, no country in this world could and should continue making Gen 4/4.5/4++ aircraft. As no 4th gen aircraft can defeat F-22 anyway...

What you are missing is the Force multiplication factor, you don't need to filed all F-22 or F-22 like aircraft, you only need to have 1 in the area to detect the thread in your AO, then communicate with F-35 on the Area, they can fire on the enemy by the F-/EWACS guidance system. In fact, you only need 1 set of stealth and radar in any given AO be the eyes and ears, then it does not matter if that is a F-35 F-18 or F-15 fire the missile on that threat, it's the same.

I mean do you think China will field all J-20 in their air force once they are flying out of the production line??

with our satellite system ,Army, Naval force,Air force & Second artillery, you really have no chance. be realisty, don't daydream all the day, it's bad for your health

I think Japan should say Thanks to China.

Few year ago, Japanese never think they have chance to regain their power legally,
the retranslate Constitution overnight changed everything .

That's a big surprise !!!

China has been building their navy, army continuously.

F-35 is great aircraft for secretly access and drop / launch somethings and escape.
on the contrary, thanks for Japan, we can enjoy more budget and bring more surprise to this world

Our 2 Izumo Class Light Carrier can accomodate about 18-20 F-35Bs, plus Ospreys, et al. If we , in the future, arm our Izumos with F-35Bs, then we can field about 36-40 F-35Bs on those.

This does not consider our Hyuga Class Light Carriers, which can hold about 8-10 F-35Bs each. We have 2 Hyuga Class LIght Carriers.

And then...we also have 2 Osumi Class .....

I do not think that Japan would base F-35B on it's carrier. Helicopter carrier has a specific purpose/Job in Japanese Naval doctrine. They provide ASW capabilities to combined Japanese Navy +USN fleet, with US's supercarrier taking up Fleet defence and Air attack duties.

If Japan wants a carrier, it should construct one. Diverting Helicopter carriers for that purpose would weaken ASW capability of Joint fleet.

You can't think of it like that. If you do, then you can also say, the moment the US roll out F-22, no country in this world could and should continue making Gen 4/4.5/4++ aircraft. As no 4th gen aircraft can defeat F-22 anyway...

What you are missing is the Force multiplication factor, you don't need to filed all F-22 or F-22 like aircraft, you only need to have 1 in the area to detect the thread in your AO, then communicate with F-35 on the Area, they can fire on the enemy by the F-/EWACS guidance system. In fact, you only need 1 set of stealth and radar in any given AO be the eyes and ears, then it does not matter if that is a F-35 F-18 or F-15 fire the missile on that threat, it's the same.

I mean do you think China will field all J-20 in their air force once they are flying out of the production line??

F-22 cant go into carrier and there is a "f16" role for f-35 while f22 play the "f15" role.

Back
Top Bottom