What's new

Japan plans to replace 100 F-15Js with 100 F-35As

We're planning to acquire 100 F-35As (we've purchased 42 so far) and add them to our front line inventory of the JASDF Air Fleet. We've quite the number of F-15Js (they're going to be placed in strategic reserve) and they will remain active. As per the F-35A's capabilities -- this baby has advanced stealth, integrated avionics, sensor fusion and superior logistics support — with the most powerful and comprehensive integrated sensor package. Our pilots (F-15Js, F-2s) have tested the F-35A and they concede that these babies will enable Japan to maintain air superiority within our air domain. And when necessary -- to bring swift action whenever , wherever.

The only reason is because Japan can't obtain F-22 (US still blocking any request from their allies including Canada, Japan, Australia and Israel) so for intermediate measure Japan choosing to bought F-35 as F-4J replacement and opting to go through indigenous Heavy Fighter programme for the replacement of F-15J.

But if US suddenly change their mind and let their F-22 to be exported i am must be sure, Japan will chose F-22 over F-35.

The only reason is because Japan can't obtain F-22 (US still blocking any request from their allies including Canada, Japan, Australia and Israel) so for intermediate measure Japan choosing to bought F-35 as F-4J replacement and opting to go through indigenous Heavy Fighter programme for the replacement of F-15J.

But if US suddenly change their mind and let their F-22 to be exported i am must be sure, Japan will chose F-22 over F-35.

That is very accurate, Ms. @madokafc !

Our 2 Izumo Class Light Carrier can accomodate about 18-20 F-35Bs, plus Ospreys, et al. If we , in the future, arm our Izumos with F-35Bs, then we can field about 36-40 F-35Bs on those.

This does not consider our Hyuga Class Light Carriers, which can hold about 8-10 F-35Bs each. We have 2 Hyuga Class LIght Carriers.

And then...we also have 2 Osumi Class .....

Why is japan not going for larger carrier surely capability is not a problem for you guys

Do you think the Japanese Samurai warriors of old imported their Katanas or they built them over months into formidable weapons ? :argh:

japansailors3_zps00315960[1].jpg

Not going to happen. F22 production line intentionally closed so this would never happen. No exports at all to anybody - not even Israel.

Romney Promises to Revive Stealth Jet, But It Won't Happen | WIRED
"Building more Raptors is not impossible. As production of the last of 196 F-22s ended at Lockheed’s Marietta, Georgia plant in December, the company packed all the specialized machinery — 30,000 items in all — into air-conditioned shipping containers and sent them to the U.S. Army’s Sierra depot in northern California for long-term storage. To preserve production techniques, Lockheed photographed and videotaped workers at their stations and transcribed worker testimony, programming the resulting information into 80 iPad-like devices encompassing all aspects of Raptor assembly."

Last edited:
Long live to the emperor.... BANZAï !

Those were Japanese from ages past; now @Nihonjin1051 has become a complete pacifist ! :(

So much so that when he and I entered a ring to fight a tag-team wrestling match he let the our opponents beat the crap out of me as he kept on meditating in the corner while saying 'Inner Peace' ! o_O

Me:

22469414-funny-businessman-is-beaten[1].jpg

Nihonjin:

meditation[1].gif

Russia is still ahead of China militarily, no argument about that.
Japan also has the most advanced navy in Asia, though China has the largest.

You need to provide the valid arguments.

China's economy will be soon 10 times that of Russia, and you are delusional if you believe that we will never catch up.

If you wanna compare Japan's military technology to China's military technology, then just look at Shinshin and J-20.

Back
Top Bottom