What's new

Japan plans ASEAN sea security summit

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Japan plans ASEAN sea security summit

Kyodo
Japan plans to host a special summit with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations late next year to strengthen maritime security cooperation at a time when China is rapidly expanding its naval capacity in Asia, government sources said Tuesday

Japan plans ASEAN sea security summit | The Japan Times Online

U.S.: Senkakus covered

Kyodo
WASHINGTON — The Japanese-controlled Senkaku Islands fall within the scope of the 1960 Japan-U.S. security treaty under which America is required to defend Japan if it is attacked, a senior State Department official said Monday.

"The Senkakus would fall within the scope of Article 5 of the 1960 U.S.-Japan Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security because the Senkaku Islands have been under the administrative control of the government of Japan since they were returned as part of the reversion of Okinawa in 1972," the official said. China and Taiwan also lay claim to the islets.

Article 5 states, "Each party recognizes that an armed attack against either party in the territories under the administration of Japan would be dangerous to its own peace and safety and declares that it would act to meet the common danger in accordance with its constitutional provisions and processes."

(also in the link above)

There are reports on twitter that 3 Chinese patrol ships entered waters of Senkaku islands 3 hours ago.
China spreading the love!:D

I will try to post a link....

here is the twitter

There are reports on twitter that 3 Chinese patrol ships entered waters of Senkaku islands 3 hours ago.
China spreading the love!:D

I will try to post a link....

here is the twitter

Yeah, we don't care what BS security treaty between US and Japan, Dioayu island is Chinese territory

U.S.: Senkakus covered

Kyodo
WASHINGTON — The Japanese-controlled Senkaku Islands fall within the scope of the 1960 Japan-U.S. security treaty under which America is required to defend Japan if it is attacked, a senior State Department official said Monday.

"The Senkakus would fall within the scope of Article 5 of the 1960 U.S.-Japan Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security because the Senkaku Islands have been under the administrative control of the government of Japan since they were returned as part of the reversion of Okinawa in 1972," the official said. China and Taiwan also lay claim to the islets.

Article 5 states, "Each party recognizes that an armed attack against either party in the territories under the administration of Japan would be dangerous to its own peace and safety and declares that it would act to meet the common danger in accordance with its constitutional provisions and processes."

(also in the link above)

Words don't count. You have to actually send out a naval fleet with submarines and fight for your lives.

Chinese are willing to die to protect their sovereignty. Let's see whether U.S. action matches its words. Words are cheap and no one cares. Only action counts.

China has ballistic and cruise missiles that can wipe out every American base on Japan. We will see how far each country is willing to go. I'm betting China wants its territory more than the U.S. is willing to defend an island Japan stole from China in 1895.

Words don't count. You have to actually send out a naval fleet with submarines and fight for your lives.

Chinese are willing to die to protect their sovereignty. Let's see whether U.S. action matches its words. Words are cheap and no one cares. Only action counts.

China has ballistic and cruise missiles that can wipe out every American base on Japan. We will see how far each country is willing to go. I'm betting China wants its territory more than the U.S. is willing to defend an island Japan stole from China in 1895.

Chinese don't go to die for fake propaganda of Chinese govt, when you go to dy, the relatives of leadership of China go to westerns to get citizenships with huge amount of money they stolen from budget for upgrading such weapons, such toys to be useless in fighting.

If the US does not come forward to save and protect Japan, Japan will be forced to scrap its pacifist constitution, arm itself to teeth and look for regional allies in the neighborhood, so they can raise a new great imperial army. Hmm, now I wonder what nations would want to join this new imperial Japanese army?

If the US does not come forward to save and protect Japan, Japan will be forced to scrap its pacifist constitution, arm itself to teeth and look for regional allies in the neighborhood, so they can raise a new great imperial army. Hmm, now I wonder what nations would want to join this new imperial Japanese army?

Gee, I wonder what all those Chinese DF-3A 3.3-megaton thermonuclear warheads will be doing while the Japanese are trying to rearm.

Perhaps fry the hell out of Tokyo? You only need one DF-3A IRBM to eliminate 40 million Japanese in one shot. After just a few more DF-3As, Japanese will become an extinct race.

Say goodbye to Imperial Japan. Forever.

Gee, I wonder what all those Chinese DF-3A 3.3-megaton thermonuclear warheads will be doing while the Japanese are trying to rearm.

Perhaps fry the hell out of Tokyo? You only need one DF-3A IRBM to eliminate 40 million Japanese in one shot. After just a few more DF-3As, Japanese will become an extinct race.

serious dellusion by chinese. What happen with China when Uncle Sam, Japan is leading to apply embargo against china ?
You will go ahead with culture revolution ?

That may trigger WW III and it may very well be the end of Han empire as well.

One thing I feel, if any Japanese is reading this post, you guys need to wake up and do something before its too late. At this moment, the US still has a slight edge and rearmament should be done asap using this cover without delay, for the sake of Asia and humanity as well. Balance of power is an essential ingredient of international relations and geopolitics, when it gets upset, the result can be quite nasty. China's continuous rise has the potential to create just such a situation, unless something is done about this soon.

Martian2 You always talk about nice and shiney toys of your PLA. You must also realize that every country has its own shiney toys which are not advertized and are used only in times of war.
The scenario in the Asia now had become China,pakistan,NKorea on one side and whole world on the other side.
Uncle Sam is the best in the business when it comes to any military weapons and add to that Japanese economy and technology.
What made you think that Japanese do not posses Nukes there are only 5 declared nuclear weapon states but unofficially there are lot of countries along the periphery of China.
I have been seeing your posts for long time, Every time you will advertise the Chinese weapons and try to scare the others :rofl:. The reality is China will be like Germany of second world war, If China does make any adventure it will become annihilated.
Every body will defend their country as usual.

Back
Top Bottom