What's new

Jammu and Kashmir unveils its first women commando squad

And are these rights given to them specifically "justice"

Not always..AFSPA has its negative effects. Nothing can be done about that...we are fighting a 20 year old infiltration/COIN war. Casualties and a cetain suspension in normal rights is the sine qua non of such a scenario.

Less that SWAT? Well if you mean in terms of hostage rescue/sniping et al then yes..if you mean in terms of LIC ops then no.

The same infantry has kept Kashmir firmly in the Indian fold while operating across villages, towns, mountains, jungles and snow filled valleys.

The so called Commando School in Belgaum is actually a Infantry School but is dubbed Commando School in all of the Indian media. If the Infantry has managed to keep Kashmir with you it still does not make them commandos. This is a military forum so I hope people do not mistake basic Swat training (Which is what these women received) with the actual training of a Commando. The only thing Commando about these women is if they are knickerless under those overalls.

Even your Infantry School is called commando school but the training there is less advanced then even an ordinary SWAT Course? Some obsession with the word commando most Indians have.

it is not infantry school, it is ghatak commandos training school.

The so called Commando School in Belgaum is actually a Infantry School but is dubbed Commando School in all of the Indian media. If the Infantry has managed to keep Kashmir with you it still does not make them commandos. This is a military forum so I hope people do not mistake basic Swat training (Which is what these women received) with the actual training of a Commando. The only thing Commando about these women is if they are knickerless under those overalls.

it is junior commando school

"Knickerless under those overalls"? Oh well perhaps an attempt at sarcasm or scatological enforcement of your opinion.

Which btw happens to be correct in as much as that they are not officially commandos since they do not have the balidan badge..beyond that if you have an issue due to matters of semantics..its not the personnel who cooked it up..but the media and that cannot be helped. Our media is as educated about matters martial as I am about rocket science.

Other than that..let me reiterate..the media houses label all such units as commandos because they correlate the idea of COIN/LIC training with being a commando..perhaps I should have been more exact in my earlier post..apologies for that.

"Knickerless under those overalls"? Oh well perhaps an attempt at sarcasm or scatological enforcement of your opinion.

QUOTE]

Going commando, or free-balling, male, freebuffing, female,[1] the practice of not wearing underwear. The term may be related to the much earlier term "going regimental", which refers to wearing a kilt military-style, that is, without underwear (see True Scotsman.)

In Chile, the act of not wearing underwear has been called "andar a lo gringo" (to go gringo-style) for decades.[2][3]

it is not infantry school, it is ghatak commandos training school.

it is junior commando school

Okay so we have junior commando school and then Medium Commando school and then PHD Commando school? The training there is very mediocre for it to be a Commando School. I have seen the curriculum taught there. As I said Indian's and their media and their leaders just like the word commando attached to everything.

QUOTE]

Going commando, or free-balling, male, freebuffing, female,[1] the practice of not wearing underwear. The term may be related to the much earlier term "going regimental", which refers to wearing a kilt military-style, that is, without underwear (see True Scotsman.)

In Chile, the act of not wearing underwear has been called "andar a lo gringo" (to go gringo-style) for decades.[2][3]

Bro I am aware of what "going commando" entails in the proverbial sense.

It still does not fit in here in the context that you used it in other then to express sarcasm or an attempt at stressing upon your point in a less than appreciated manner.

Peace.

Even your Infantry School is called commando school but the training there is less advanced then even an ordinary SWAT Course? Some obsession with the word commando most Indians have.

Although i agreed with you on the usage of the word commando with every unit thats raised in India but this comment is totally wrong.

Firstly SWAT units are urban warfare units not jungle,desert,mountainous warfare units which the Indian Army Commando units are.

Secondly Infantry School is located at a different place in the state of Madhya Pradesh and Commando School is located at a different place in the state of Karnataka.Hence the Commando school is a special school which trains Ghatak Commando units which are a part of Indantry units but no way can the regular infantryman get in.

So when you dont know about anything its better to leave it to the experts on the subject.

Dude what the f##K??..Who told you that Commando school and Infantry school are the same?

This is the infantry school-----

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/272011[/video]

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/272675[/video]

And this is the Commando school---

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/262444[/video]

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/263146[/video]

Complete BS. It is not a regular infantry school. The infantry school is located in Mhow, MP. The commando course in Belgaum is for training in small unit tactics, mostly for ghatak platoons (a sort of battlefield commandos). The training given there is similar to that of the ranger school.

Complete BS. It is not a regular infantry school. The infantry school is located in Mhow, MP. The commando course in Belgaum is for training in small unit tactics, mostly for ghatak platoons (a sort of battlefield commandos). The training given there is similar to that of the ranger school.

And i would like to add to that the SF school is at a different place in Nahan so that people dont get confused again thinking that Commando and SF school are the same.

Although i agreed with you on the usage of the word commando with every unit thats raised in India but this comment is totally wrong.

Firstly SWAT units are urban warfare units not jungle,desert,mountainous warfare units which the Indian Army Commando units are.

Secondly Infantry School is located at a different place in the state of Madhya Pradesh and Commando School is located at a different place in the state of Karnataka.Hence the Commando school is a special school which trains Ghatak Commando units which are a part of Indantry units but no way can the regular infantryman get in.

So when you dont know about anything its better to leave it to the experts on the subject.

Dude what the f##K??..Who told you that Commando school and Infantry school are the same?

This is the infantry school-----

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/272011[/video]

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/272675[/video]

And this is the Commando school---

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/262444[/video]

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/263146[/video]

Says a boy to some one who has attended that 42 day course? I would not even bother replying to you if your source of knowledge is NDTV. All young officers do this course and it is called the Junior Officers Leadership course or atleast used to be. The Special Forces School (actual Commando school) is at Nahan right next to the 1 SF Battalion.

then you need to visit the Rangers School before even comparing it with the Belgaum unit.

Says a boy to some one who has attended that 42 day course? I would not even bother replying to you if your source of knowledge is NDTV. All young officers do this course and it is called the Junior Officers Leadership course or atleast used to be. The Special Forces School (actual Commando school) is at Nahan right next to the 1 SF Battalion.

Even i know this...and my source of knowledge is my rich family background in the Army not NDTV.

Regarding attending 42 day course...good for you..what the fck should i do?

Lastly you proved your knoweldge by not even knowing that both the schools are differnet...I have met plenty of loosers here who start saving face after getting insulted on their knowledge.

CIAO!!

Even i know this...and my source of knowledge is my rich family background in the Army not NDTV.

Regarding attending 42 day course...good for you..what the fck should i do?

Lastly you proved your knoweldge by not even knowing that both the schools are differnet...I have met plenty of looser here who start saving face after getting insulted on their knowledge.

CIAO!!

Ha Ha you got your knowledge from some looser of army Background? Says it all. No go and ask him where the real Commando school is. There are only 4 in India. One with the army, two with the MHA but staffed by the army and one with the Navy. Last I heard the air Force will also have one soon.Go boy do your homework before your mummy finds out.

Back
Top Bottom