What's new

Jakarta will host Asian Games 2018

Jakarta Improves Sport Facilities for 2018 Asian Games

243890_620.jpg

Officers of the National Land Agency (BPN) are measuring the land at BMW Stadium Park in Sunter, North Jakarta (05/12). Jakarta Provincial Government plans on building a stadium of an international standard on the 26.5-hectare area. Tempo/Dian Triyuli Handoko

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta will host the 2018 Asian Games and has started preparing infrastructure to support the sport event.

Jakarta Youth and Sport Agency chief Ratiyono said his agency is ready to prepare sport facilities for the event. “We will fix needed sport faclities in Jakarta,” he told Tempo on Thursday.

Finishing the construction of BMW Stadium in Papanggo, North Jakarta, is the top priority as the Jakarta government wants the opening ceremony of the 2018 Asian Games be held in the new stadium. “Mr. Deputy Governor wants the opening ceremony in that stadium, so we will try to accelerate the construction,” he said.

Other sport facilities that were used for SEA Games such as Ciracas, Cibubur and Senayan Stadiums will also be improved. “They can be used for kempo, pencak silat and swimming,” he said.

However, Ratiyono said the talks for Asian Games preparation are still in the beginning phase. “It will be coordinated by the Indonesian Olympics Committee,” he said. This event must also gain approval from the President. “It will likely wait for the new president,” he said.

Even so, several teams from the Asian Sports Committee have to come to Jakarta for a visit. “Jakarta is adequate for Asian Games,” he said.

Jakarta Deputy Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama previously said Jakarta is ready to become host, but it will need assistance from the central government because some facilities in Jakarta are owned by the central government.

Jakarta Improves Sport Facilities for 2018 Asian Games | Metro | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal

you were one of the reasonable members, I wonder why you have begun to behave so bad?

back to the topic. my initial point is why do you want to spend huge sums on sports to please the foreigners and the rich, while large population suffers poverty in slums. even a indo poster admits that: 100s of slums across Jakarta and other parts of Indonesia, two-thirds of Indonesia's population lives on $2 a day.

it is our decision to give up the plan of hosting the game. why do you feel the need to insult us? by the way, unlike Indonesia, there is no slum in VN. will the Indo poor ever have a chance to see the sport event? unlikely.

I never wanted to comment here,I did just because so many of you drew VN into the discussion, with provocative topic like ASEAN leader.

Source: Indonesia's new mega-rich spend it big as inequality grows

That's the difference between a country who strife for perfections and a country who giving a sweet dream day for their people

admit your weakness and trying to solve them will be very different with trying to cover them behind such bullshit Vietnamese gov. talking to their peoples.

What Pande Raja said is true, but poor infras compared to what? poor in terms of keeping up with the demand to keep the economic growth remain above 6 percent which this year Indo seems fail to accomplish that. Indo infras rank is still above India whom Vietnam worship.

The guy has his points but as always Vietcongs here like to twist words and in this case he was trying to say Chinese news media is calling Indonesia poor, backward, corrupt etc etc. Seriously these baboons knows no shame

Jakarta2018_zpsf8667e87.jpg

Asian Games 2018, Capital City To Fix Some Facilities

Jakarta: Jakarta will be the host venue for the Asian Games 2018. Automaticly, Jakarta will soon need to start the preparation of various kinds of infrastructure to support the sporting event of the Asians.

Head of Jakarta Sports and Youth Ratiyono said it is ready to work together to prepare the sports facilities to support the event. "Basically we are ready. We will fix the necessary sports facilities in Jakarta," he told at, Thursday, July 31, 2014.

Infrastructure development is the most wanted pursued by the government service is completion of the brand new Stadium in Papanggo, North Jakarta. City government wants the 2018 Asian Games opening ceremony can be held in the city's new stadium. "Mr. Vice Governor wished the opening could be there, then we will seek to build it," he said.

In addition, other sporting facilities such as the gym will begin planned to be fixed. "We had a rink that used to be the SEA Games, staying refined in order to use the Asian Games," he said. The arena, among them the Ciracas Arena,Cibubur Arena, and Senayan Arena. "It can be used to match kempo, pencak silat, and swimming," he said.

However, according to Ratiyono, so far the talks related to the preparation stage of the Asian Games is still preliminary. "It will be coordinated by the Olympic Committee of Indonesia," he said. Implementation of this event must be approved once the support of the President according to which there is currently no. "It seems like we have to wait for a new president," he said.

However, according to Ratiyono, a number of teams from Olympic Council Of Asia had come to Jakarta to make a visit. "Jakarta is quite adequate for the event of the Asian Games," he said. He said he and the relevant agencies need to prepare a variety of sports and transportation facilities are adequate to support the sports event.

Earlier, Vice Governor of Jakarta Basuki Tjahaja Purnama said Jakarta ready to host. However, he expressed that desperately need help from the central government because there are a number of central government-owned facilities in Jakarta.

Brother @Indos ,

I've been reviewing on Jakarta's decision to host the games, and did some reviews on Jakarta's infrastructure. I must say that i'm impressed with Jakarta's development. Its a very magnificent city !

Jakarta-skyline-Indonesia.jpg

Jakarta.jpg

jakarta-city_105097-1280x800.jpg

It's just sky scrapper towers, the traffic jam and flood will kill you though

The guy has his points but as always Vietcongs here like to twist words and in this case he was trying to say Chinese news media is calling Indonesia poor, backward, corrupt etc etc. Seriously these baboons knows no shame

It's because he is "mentally" white guy (look at the way he disgust Asian "weird food" while not realizing Vietnamese eat worse) and wish Vietnam be in the same league with the white people's countries so he feels the need to propagate Vietnam while undermining others, that way he feels better about his origin because people of the world know Vietnam by two things, Vietcongs and a place where GIs abuse them with many kinds of weapons.

It's just sky scrapper towers, the traffic jam and flood will kill you though

Really? I bet its not as bad as Manila ? I was last there in 2010 and my worst mistake was to take the jeepney to experience the 'Filipino Jeepney'. The traffic from the International Airport to the Domestic airport terminal was like forever.

Besides the heat (something i got used to later on), it wasn't that bad. The friendliness of the Pinoys made up for the traffic and heat in Manila. LOL

Someday, i'd like to visit Indonesia (Jakarta). See what its all about.

It's because he is "mentally" white guy (look at the way he disgust Asian "weird food" while not realizing Vietnamese eat worse) and wish Vietnam be in the same league with the white people's countries so he feels the need to propagate Vietnam while undermining others, that way he feels better about his origin because people of the world know Vietnam by two things, Vietcongs and a place where GIs abuse them with many kinds of weapons.

At first I thought he has no mental illness since he's probably born in Germany and his parents probably didn't get infected by Agent Orange either. Now i'm starting to believe it's a race problem, it's in their genes :sick:
Indonesia has its problems just like China being a developing country, at least China recognizes Indonesia as a LEADER of ASEAN, worthy of hosting the games.

Really? I bet its not as bad as Manila ? I was last there in 2010 and my worst mistake was to take the jeepney to experience the 'Filipino Jeepney'. The traffic from the International Airport to the Domestic airport terminal was like forever.

Besides the heat (something i got used to later on), it wasn't that bad. The friendliness of the Pinoys made up for the traffic and heat in Manila. LOL

yeah maybe a year ago it is not as bad as Manila, but since the underground MRT and Monorail project has begun, there are many road blocks and construction sites in the middle of the main roads. It could be worse than Manilla since I had reschedule my flight back to Germany and paid EUR 115 because I was stuck for 4-5 hours in the middle of a traffic jam and could not catch the flight in-time.

Lol, you have a death wish coming to Jakarta while tons of constructions are being held :lol:, come around 2017 or 2018 when many road blocks are lifted out. :agree:

Please to visit Yogyakarta, Bali, Malang, Manado and maybe Medan city in which i will gladly recommended you upon your visit to Indonesia. Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya is killer, they are still transforming themselves into mega-cities, construction project happened in every corner of these cities, chronic traffic jam happened in "party times", at least avoid to visiting Jakarta in rainy seasons if you must come to Jakarta. But on the other side, Jakarta, Bandung and Surabaya will offer you an unforgettable a nightlife sensations, all of the Japanese i know love to wandering in Jakarta and Bandung night clubs and partying until crazy, and i am very recommended you to visit Jakarta at night though :p: .

At first I thought he has no mental illness since he's probably born in Germany and his parents probably didn't get infected by Agent Orange either. Now i'm starting to believe it's a race problem, it's in their genes :sick:
Indonesia has its problems just like China being a developing country, at least China recognizes Indonesia as a LEADER of ASEAN, worthy of hosting the games.

Asian countries have such Problems, China India Indonesia all have similar problems to tackle, even a much developed South Korea still has its own developing nation problems. But only Viet guys think they are the best Asian country there is. I think what China and Indonesia are doing right now is already in the right path, we have a good diplomatic and economic ties and I hope both nations keep it that way in the futurebecause China being the actual Super Power in Asia is inevitable and more can benefit from China's rise the way Asian countries benefit from Japan's rise in the old days.

Please to visit Yogyakarta, Bali, Malang, Manado and maybe Medan city in which i will gladly recommended you upon your visit to Indonesia. Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya is killer, they are still transforming themselves into mega-cities, construction project happened in every corner of these cities, chronic traffic jam happened in "party times", at least avoid to visiting Jakarta in rainy seasons if you must come to Jakarta. But on the other side, Jakarta, Bandung and Surabaya will offer you an unforgettable a nightlife sensations, all of the Japanese i know love to wandering in Jakarta and Bandung night clubs and partying until crazy, and i am very recommended you to visit Jakarta at night though :p: .

Ha ha ha ! Thanks for the recommendation(s), Miss @madokafc ! Definitely will have to check these places out when planning my visit to Indonesia. ^^

That's the difference between a country who strife for perfections and a country who giving a sweet dream day for their people

admit your weakness and trying to solve them will be very different with trying to cover them behind such bullshit Vietnamese gov. talking to their peoples.
don´t drag VN anymore into the thread.
care of your bullshit, while we ours.

you fkcing moron. can you pls stop such insulting?
should I start making jokes on chinese victims?

Official declaration is a serious diplomatic blunt. It perceives to be amateur in the diplomatic realm. Do you understand?

Why Indonesia as leader? Think Xi, Obama, and Abe paying state visit in Indonesia during heighten tension in South China Sea is a vacation visit? LOL There is always a hidden message in those visits. It is a way of recognizing Indonesia leading position in ASEAN. This type of diplomacy is common and you need to learn more. I ask my friend @Nihonjin1051 to teach you Vietnamese this but he kept avoiding. It is a shame. LOL

You cited an opinion article, which is factual reality, as a form of condescension to Indonesia? LOL If anything, it should encourage Indonesia to strive to do more, have bigger ambition. Like we do, which I'm sure they will as Indonesia potential is much higher than any country in ASEAN.
you can call anyone you like. call them 100,000 times leader or whatever.
don´t drag our country in. why do you need anyone from VN?

I regretted to have contributed to this fucking thread.

Last edited:
don´t drag VN anymore into the thread.
care of your bullshit, while we ours.

you fkcing moron. can you pls stop such insulting?
should I start making jokes on chinese victims?

you can call anyone you like. call them 100,000 times leader or whatever.
don´t drag our country in. why do you need anyone from VN?

I regretted to have contributed to this fucking thread.

Poor viets, shu-shu go away

Back
Top Bottom